Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender swaying diet question

Atomic,

What is more important in swaying for girl? Keeping calories low? Or minerals such as potassium, sodium, and sugar low? I know protein and fat is a big one, but how important is it to keep sodium and potassium within levels? Is ice cream ok? What about Candy since it is low in protein and fats depending on the candy? I noticed candy dosen't have alot of nutrients in it, but alot of calories so what is more important the calorie intake or the mineral intake? We are deciding whether to sway or do ivf/pgd. I am just going to adjust my diet and see what happens first. We are approved for a loan to do ivf/pgd just not sure it will be within our budget. I start a fitnesspal account to track my intake.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think the calories since you want to signal harder times to your body.
    DH (43), DW (40)

3. Thanks needmorepink thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to be clear because I am getting the feeling you aren't really clear on what LE Diet even is:

1500-1800 cals a day
    40-50 g protein (this increases to 50-60 g on the alternate diet)
    25-60 g fat (you'd eat the upper limits on the alternate diet)
    2500-3500 mg potassium a day
    700-1000 mg sodium (but most people have given up on this)

When you have the choice between a higher and lower nutrient food, choose the lower nutrient version when possible.

Low carb vegetables are unlimited and free, you do not count these. Fruit, you count calories but not fat and protein.

Skip breakfast if possible and avoid snacks. 2-3 meals a day both are fine.

I have an alternate diet in this thread, 5 from the top, called atomic fertility diet that anyone who is considering high tech needs to follow instead of the regular LE Diet. There is a variation for pink swayers going HT in it. Do not do standard LE Diet until you know for sure that you are not going HT. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

It is very unlikely that minerals matter at all for swaying. I keep the sodium restriction in the mix because it is possible to do without lowering odds of conception, and potassium is naturally lower on an LE Diet, but most people have dropped those restrictions totally. Do be sure you are getting ENOUGH potassium (2500 mg minimum) because you can DIE if you do not get potassium.

On standard LE you do not need to keep sugar low. NO one ever needs to count carbs or sugar, the diets take care of that on their own anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So it is best to eat a few servings of candy that has high calories but low nutrition instead of a vegetable that has less calories, but more nutrition? What are the success rates of swaying at home currently?? I know nothing is 100% expect HT, but Is this giving a good chance of success or does it just tip the odds a bit by like 2% more likely? We BOTH did the strict IG sway and got boy #3 which ended in miscarriage. We were even extracting the shell of the cranberry tablets so we weren't taking the gelatin. What does dh have to do different from this sway vs the ig sway? We did get one girl after the failed sway, but weren't swaying at the time. Only difference was we just moved from the north to the south, were dtd everyday, and hubby was gaining weight and not using the ac in his car since it was broke. I was also sitting in the sun tanning a few times a week. Not sure if any of that swayed. We would like to give are one and only dd a sister amongst all these brothers. Not sure how to go about it? If the sway failed we would most likely try again a couple more times or just go straight to HT. Haven't decided how many more kids we want yet. Miscarried 2 pregnancies since dd, not sure what they were. I kind of feel like this next sticky baby is going to be the opposite of what the last 2 miscarriages were, because your body wants to create an opposite eventually. Not sure I am making any sense. I do believe there is something to swaying just not sure what it truly is and if both the man and woman play a part? We did eat lighter and more pasta, rice, chicken, vegs, and ice cream with our daughter than when we conceived our boys. But of course we were eating just pasta, rice, chickens, etc with the 3rd failed sway since that was what was on the ig diet. We made sure not to go over the mineral requirements also.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not NO nutrient, it's LOW nutrient. You have to continue eating things like fruit and vegetables. A diet of candy is a starvation diet and not allowed. You would not get enough potassium on such a diet anyway.

LOW CARB VEGETABLES ARE FREE FOODS AND UNLIMITED. HAVE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT AND DO NOT COUNT THEM. If you have the choice between something like iceberg lettuce and spinach, pick iceberg lettuce. But that doesn't mean you can never have spinach, you can. you need to continue to get enough nutrition for your body to function and to have a healthy pregnancy. This is not like the IG Diet which is insane and unhealthy.

Obsessing over swaying to such an extent that you are thinking about the amount of gelatin in a cranberry pill sways BLUE. Try to remain laid back about swaying, we get much better results with laid back and relaxed attitudes vs. the IG type of crazy sways.

DH doesn't have to do anything for this sway. Not a thing. Many of us have husbands who would not help with swaying but still had successful sways.

THe gender of your miscarriages has nothing to do with what the gender of your baby is. Unfortunately the body doesn't necessarily want to make an opposite as those of us who have had 4,5,6 or more of the same gender have found! I'm sorry for your losses.

We have gotten 75% with blue sways and 65% with pink. (this number can go up depending on sway tactics) So it is reasonable to assume for those of us whose lifestyles are basically swaying blue, that we go from being 75% likely to have a boy, to 65% or higher with swaying. It's not a guarantee and if HT is ever an option, your chances of success at HT go down the older you get so I would go HT first and swaying will always be here.

Personally, with the minerals, I feel like the IG supplements got me my 4th boy and I dropped all of it and got a girl. It doesn't work for everyone but it did for me.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! I wasn't expecting those numbers! I though it was going to only bring us from 48% girl/52% of a boy back to a 50/50% chance. We were approved for a $23,000 loan, but the interest rate and payments are high on it. We would never be able to afford HT out of pocket. So were trying to see if there is anyway to get better payments in the future if we were to take that loan and go HT. If not it looks like swaying will be the way to go, unless he gets a second job for the next 7 years to pay off that loan. I am not sure I could deal with him having to have a second job just to pay it off if it failed us and had nothing to show for all that money down the drain. If we could afford it all out of pocket that would be different. That IG sway was insane. So you said those swaying percentages went higher depending on the sway tactics. May I ask what they are? Is it more than just the diet? Rephresh? Any kind of supplements? I already started eating less calories this past week. I was counting canned green beans, so I guess I can eat those and not have to count? I been skipping breakfast and only eating about 1,100 calories a day at the most this past week. BIG change from what I have been doing these past few months. I developed a love for food since I had my dd. lol So its pretty hard. I'm missing all my sweets. Skipping out on meat and eggs. I did however eat lunch meat. If hubby was on board there are no recommendations for him? I think we are going to bd everyday since that is how we got our dd. It gets tiring after awhile. Not sure how I can do it everyday without going over 24 hours for 2 or more months if that is what it takes. We will know more of what direction we are going to go in the end of this month. I am just starting diet so we can be ready ASAP if we end up having to go the swaying route. Thank you for that reassurance that you body dosen't want to make an opposite of whatever your previous babies were. I was paranoid thinking it just had to. Because we had 3 boys in a row and than all of a sudden an opposite without swaying so that made me believe my body just wanted to give me an opposite for some reason. lol This swaying and gender stuff will drive you crazy! lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are lots of things that you and DH can do and you can either have me design a plan for you or check out the Complete Index linked in my signature below to find out all about them. I agree IG Diet is nutty-nutkins and undoable.

Diet + fiber longer than 12 weeks, dropping probiotics and prenatals, exercise, LR for DH and possibly OLE for him, Clomid, and sticking to one attempt have all gotten best results for us. Alcohol also getting good results but it is a small sample so not quite sure yet if that is real or just a coincidence. I would not DTD every day. Even though it's possible to get girls that way, one attempt has gotten 70-75% success for pink.

Please go back and relook at LE Diet. 1100 calories is not allowed and that is a starvation diet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am getting better and got closer to 1,300 calories the past 2 days. It is hard because I am not eating until 12pm. It was the same thing these past 2 days. 1 hoagie with no condiments just the lunch meat, cheese,lettuce, and tomato, and of course the roll. Than not eating until the kids go to bed at 6/7 pm. That has been 2 cups 2 servings of spaghetti one night with little sauce and the other night margarine and Parmesan cheese. Than I am usually done until 12pm the next day. I was eating a serving or 2 of ice cream when we had some left in between meals or a snack before bed.

I have been going through all the information you had under the swaying section. It took me awhile to find all that. Interesting about the physical signs of testosterone. Since a young age I been getting chin hair, upper lip hair, and hair on big toes! Always had acne. They say it stops in later 20's and 30's..well it has actually gotten worse for me!! Worse than when I was a teenager. And I had it bad than! Now it is worse!

So you wouldn't suggest doing it everyday? We were thinking that was really the only thing we did different with dd than the boys, other than those few other things I mentioned. So we thought it was dtd everyday and low sperm count that resulted in the dd. My husband is convinced it was the dtd everyday and the heat. He is convinced and said he does not want to skip, even if he has to jerk off which he hates and takes forever. It really started to get tiring though. We happened to get pregnant that month we just happened to do it everyday. So would you suggest using spermicide each time and than going without every 4 days?? So were keeping that everyday, but only having that one attempt?

I also literally just had an early miscarriage. So tempted to try this month because I read that first cycle after miscarriage swayed. It is taking forever for that test to turn negative. I know I miscarried though because I got a positive test, two weeks later spotting and than went to bathroom and big red jelly blob fell in toliete and than bled 3 days after that. Got ultrasound and there was nothing in there. Going to get a repeat ultrasound if tests are still positive for 2 weeks.
    We were not trying. We were barley having sex. We were using spermicide when we were doing it. Than when I thought I was over my fertile period ,we went without. I was hard and closed that whole time we went without! I checked everyday. We were only doing it once a week to every 4 days sometimes we we would have a period were it was 2 days in a row and back to once a week or every 4 days. Guess I must have ovulated later than I thought. The last 2 months before this pregnancy my cycles were going on 40 days. We started going unprotected that 30th day which was a week before i was expecting my period. We were going out to eat alot. Ate at alot of buffets and fast food the two months my cycles were lasting that long.

We have cranberry. I been taking it because I feel like I am getting a bladder infection. My dh also bought rephresh for me the other night he went to the store thinking it may not be bladder infection but yeast. I have Clomid from a few years ago when we were having trouble. That was when we were doing the IG sway and couldn't get pg for the longest time and got perscribed the clomid. Got pregnant but ended up with boy #3 which ended in miscarriage. Is there success with only a few weeks on the diet or does it have to be 3 months on it to get results? Also, how do you find the motivation for exercise?

If we decide with the swaying we were planning on using the rephresh every 3 days as recommended on the package. Taking cranberry. Was reading up on the Vitex or taking clomid when I get that first period since miscarriage. And of course the diet for me. Interesting on the alcohol. Hubby said he was going to start drinking and smoking because he sees alot of men fathering girls who do that kind of stuff. Does alcohol sway for both the dh and dw or just dh? What kind of alcohol is swaying? Wine coolers? Beer? Vodka, etc?

How much is it to get a personalized plan? Thank you for your time and responses.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Condiments on a sandwich are the least of your worries. No one's sway ever came down to condiments on a sandwich. Or sauce on pasta either.

Your diet is not healthy enough and is not LE Diet.

No, I do not suggest DTD every day. Even though you got a girl that way before, we are getting best results with one attempt and that is what I encourage people to stick to. If you want to have husband release every day and then have only one attempt, that's at your discretion. All I can look at is what has worked for the majority of people most of the time. I would not have attempts with spermicide a few people tried that and did not get pregnant.

Can you bump this for me so I can go thru the rest of your questions later??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure. Thank you for your responses so far. If no one got pregnant with spermicide than I am guessing I must have ovulated after I thought I did, and thats how I ended up pregnant this month. Can you please explain how my diet is not LE diet? I did not go over the 40 g protein and 25-30 g fat, and stayed low calories. Way under actually. I guess I have alot to learn if it is not about staying in the recommended fat, protein, and calorie ranges. I am sorry if I sound dumb I am confused. I am gonna go back and read it again.
    Last edited by needmorepink; August 3rd, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast