Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fsh is 12! What now?!? :(

I just got the phone call which would explain why I haven't conceived these past 5 months. I'm devastated and wondering if there's anything I can do? My Dh will not go down the RE road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your FSH fluctuates each month. I don't think that 12 is outrageously high but it is definitely elevated. I had mine done in August and it was 12 and I was pretty upset as well. I ended up going to an RE about 6 months later and when I had it tested it was 31!! Crazy high and I was wishing to hear the number 12 again! I honestly think clomid elevated mine but RE says no. Please don't get too discouraged and give up. I have finally conceived after 2 years ( which may not be very hopeful to you now) but my advice is to keep trying. Like Atomic says, sometimes we just have to wait for Goldie!! Have you had your AMH levels tested?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FSH is not that reliable. AMH is a better test. My FSH was 10 at 34 with a six month old and three kids all conceived first try. FSH is not that great of a predictor.

How old are you? Are you attempting at ovulation?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be 34 in January. I was swaying boy so multiple attempts at O time. Dh is 44 and not willing to try long or spend money on getting pregnant again. I've conceived twice naturally within 5 years and had a hard time with my last child in 2013. I ended up going the RE route and was pregnant through clomid and IUI.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not really sure there's anything I can do if Dh isn't on board sadly.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So it looks like O finally showed up! That's CD18-20 today being cd20! So me and DH will me bd all weekend which actually is timed out great since it was directly following thanksgiving. So we both stuffed ourselves with hearty meals. Lots of potatoes! I was beginning to lose hope and also considered not even testing this cycle anymore. So glad I decided to test. It's still working in the photo cuz I had JUST taken the test. But it's gotten so much darker. Just BARELY a positive I would say, so I'll test this afternoon with a digital OPK just to confirm.

Quinn you just need to keep working on DH and convince him! /: easier said than done I know.. I would just hate to see you give up I'm pushing for you!!
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you needed clomid before, you may need it again. Has he ever been tested? A SA done?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But you've been on Clomid though, right Quinn??

Clomid may artificially elevate FSH and this may not be a "true" reading. AMH is more reliable anyway. Even if your FSH really is 12, I know it sounds bad but it really isn't that high, we have people on here and on many other sites who have gotten pregnant with MUCH higher FSH than that.

What you have to understand is that even with high FSH you DO make good eggs. It doesn't happen every month, but if it happens 6 times a year or 3 or even just one egg a year, if you keep showing up every month, one of those times it will happen. It's a matter of waiting for "Goldie the Golden Egg" and while it can be a long journey it can still have a happy ending.

I know your hubby isn't on board with continuing to try indefinitely, is there anything we can do to convince him (such as backing off swaying somewhat??)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw this!! Thanks so much for responding. That did make me feel better to read that I may have some good eggs left.

I have further testing next month for amh and it seems like a lifetime away.

I am on clomid and I wish I hadn't taken it this month because the results may be skewed at the RE now.

He's on board to try 6 more months. That will give us 12 cycles and if it doesn't happen by then, I guess it won't.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did those women with higher FSH get pregnant with fertility treatment? I'm trying to figure out our next steps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll have 12 cycles in 6 months?

Like the others have said, FSH isn't the best determinant of ovarian reserve.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast