Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best royal jelly brand?

This was recommended to me to help with my high fsh numbers. When I look online for an organic 100% brand, I keep finding them mixed with more honey than jelly. Any ideas?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By who? Doctors sometimes tell people to use something they think is a placebo and harmless and others online may have gotten pregnant taking something but it doesn't mean that a)it really did help them and/or b) that they couldn't have done the same thing in a less risky, more sensible way and/or c)that even if it helps SOME people who may have certain types of fertility problems that you may NOT have, that it would therefore help everyone.

I am not a fan of royal jelly. It is not safe (people have died from it) and has really messed up cycles badly for people. While some people claim it works, when it was analyzed all it is, is some B vitamins (the B vits are what messes with the cycle, just like taking a megadose of B6 does) with some amino acids and a little essential fat in it. Nothing magical and you are already getting everything in the RJ, by eating a good diet, DHA supp or fish oil, and a prenatal or multivitamin.

I SO understand the desire to look for a magic pill that fixes things but what has happened to too many people is that they start taking this, that, and the other thing that some person swears by, and these things may actually HARM your odds of conception. The 11 herbs and spices all have some effect on hormones and if this is an issue of "waiting for Goldie", and you screw up your cycle and/or egg quality by taking herbs that you don't need to be taking, you only harm your chances in the end. If you end up going from having 2-3 good eggs a year with regular ovulations, to cycles that last 6-8 weeks long with a super short LP and worsen your egg quality so whatever you ovulate is infertilizable, then that is not a good trade.

At the end of it all, you have to do what you can live with and while I think the best vitamin is Vitamin P (patience) if you really want to add in something, the red raspberry leaf is a better way to go than the RJ.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 1st, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that makes sense. I will leave it out of my sway for now. I'm hoping the acupuncture I just started will have a positive impact.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post