Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guessing gender?

Does anyone else use what you've learned here to try and guess whether your friend/family member is pregnant with a boy or girl? My SIL is pregnant now (14 weeks) and I'm trying to guess what she's having. All in fun of course! She'll find out at her ultrasound in 6 weeks but until then I'm having fun guessing with her.
    Anyone want to guess with me?!
    It could be a boy because:
    -she eats a very healthy diet of a lot of fruits and vegetables, all whole grains, very little sugar and is very conscious of staying away from processed foods. She drinks lots of tea but no coffee and very little alcohol. She doesn't eat an excess of meat but does eat a LOT of peanut butter and has eggs quite often. She snacks on peanut butter and almonds.
    -her personality is very "boy". She obsessed about TTC and has a controlling personality (wants to control what's going on in her life, not control her DH). She's a bit of a perfectionist and is competitive. She's the type who does not give up on something easily.
    -she does hot yoga regularly and gets moderate exercise. Her weight is always the same.
    -they BD'd frequently in the fertile period

Girl because:
    -she had an eating disorder as a teen (she's 30 now and has recovered well), I feel like that may sway pink?
    -they had unfounded fertility issues. They were trying for over a year with one early miscarriage (5 weeks) in that year. She received a prescription for Clomid one week before getting her BFP.
    -she skips breakfast from time to time
    -she eats almost no dairy and certainly no full-fat dairy
    -her diet in general is very low fat and low sodium
    -her DH drinks alcohol regularly
    -I'm pretty sure she consumes very few calories. If her DH isn't home for dinner, it would be nothing for her to just have a peanut butter sandwich or a salad with low cal dressing. And she never stuffs herself with big meals (even on holidays!).

I think I'm leaning girl with her! I know they would both prefer a girl first just b/c they feel like they are more likely to have boys since that's what I have (her DH is my DH's brother) and what his parents had. So they would like to have a girl first to know that they will have at least one. It would also be the first granddaughter for both sides of their families.
    I won't lie, part of me will be a little jealous if it is a girl but I'm happy they are finally pregnant since she's wanted a baby for so long.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Women with a history of ED actually have more boys. I really think it could go either way.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks Beau82 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll guess boy based on her controlling personality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

5. Likes Beau82 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's hard to guess (even for me) because there are so many variables that come into play.

Example, my brother's girlfriend was preggo, she's thin as a rail, never seen her eat anything and smokes, but she just seems like a boy mom to me. She had a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah hard to say as last year i knew 2 ladies who both ended up pg with girls even though were taking vitamin d supplement, on a meal plan that had them eating 6times a day, in a weight lifting class, and both said they were eating more protein then ever in their life. and they are both "controlling" of their environment.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Teen 2001 Toddler 2014
    x as many as The Good L-RD would bless us with
    Currently
    Wanna be a magnet
    Challenges=hypothyroid and age
    Proverbs 13:12

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1922d6