Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does caffeine sway pink or blue?

Hi ladies I am new to this forum and I am really confused about caffeine and it's use in TTC a girl. I have three boys and I have always been a huge tea drinker (the regular kind). I assumed that the caffeine in the tea played a part in me having boys. However, I read here that coffee is advised when swaying for a girl. Does that mean that it's not the caffeine that sways blue but something else thats in tea? Also, how much coffee is recommended? I can easily see myself swapping my tea habit for coffee if it helped!! Any advice welcome. Thanks x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Of A Kind View Post
    Hi ladies I am new to this forum and I am really confused about caffeine and it's use in TTC a girl. I have three boys and I have always been a huge tea drinker (the regular kind). I assumed that the caffeine in the tea played a part in me having boys. However, I read here that coffee is advised when swaying for a girl. Does that mean that it's not the caffeine that sways blue but something else thats in tea? Also, how much coffee is recommended? I can easily see myself swapping my tea habit for coffee if it helped!! Any advice welcome. Thanks x
    This has me confused too. I drink a lot of coffee and I have 3 boys as well.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Of A Kind View Post
    Does that mean that it's not the caffeine that sways blue but something else thats in tea? Also, how much coffee is recommended? I can easily see myself swapping my tea habit for coffee if it helped!! Any advice welcome. Thanks x
    Yes I think that's the idea although I don't believe we know exactly why. Just that it seems as though big tea drinkers are having boys while big coffee drinkers are having girls. I've always read that tea actually has higher amounts of caffeine than coffee but maybe not as strong or something? I drank neither coffee nor tea and I have 4 boys.
    I think 2-3 cups/day is good. I'm having about 3 large mugs per day and swaying for a girl. I would just cease the tea drinking and take up coffee instead.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The truth is that we do not know for sure, BUT for reasons we do not understand coffee seems to be "pinker" than tea. I got my 4 boys drinking gallons of tea (and plenty of caffeine!) and then my girl with coffee. Coffee has been very effective for us and it's proven by our results.

The old school belief was that caffeine swayed blue because "it causes calcium to leach from your body" but that has been 1000% debunked. Caffeine does NOT cause calcium to leach from your body (if calcium even sways, which it may not)

3 cups a day minimum on coffee
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyloeb11 View Post
    Some people will decrease coffee intake in that case with the idea of doing the opposite of what you did when you got your boys. But it could be that the rest of your diet was very blue and overrode the pink aspects of lots of coffee.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emilyloeb11 View Post
    None of these things are 100% effective and there are always people who a particular tactic isn't true for. But some things, you get boys or girls not BECAUSE of this one thing, but in SPITE of it. Swaying is like looking at an iceberg, the stuff we can see is like this teeny part of it and the bulk of it all is down under the waterline where we cannot see it. All we can do is do what has worked for most people, most of the time, and coffee has been a solid tactic for us!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Some people will decrease coffee intake in that case with the idea of doing the opposite of what you did when you got your boys. But it could be that the rest of your diet was very blue and overrode the pink aspects of lots of coffee.
    I understand the urge to "do the opposite" but I think that is usually a step in the wrong direction. Let's say a person was 80% likely to conceive a boy and was drinking coffee and that got them to 75% likely to conceive a boy. 5% is nothing to sneeze at with swaying, it's still swaying pink, but that person would still be way more likely to conceive a boy, if that makes sense. So again, I think it's best to do what has worked for the majority most consistenly instead of "doing the opposite".

8. Thanks Three Of A Kind thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll replace the tea with coffee so! Thanks for the swift replies, it's great to have a definitive answer.

10. Likes Beau82, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely replace tea with coffee if you want a girl. I drank green and white tea daily when I got pregnant with my boys. So did my other best friend who has two boys. We have both switched over to daily coffee now (and she is currently pregnant with a girl)!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i swear there could be something else because Im coffee lover and i got two boys.
    i drank coffee everyday for 365days
    5yrs old
    3yrs old

waiting for

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast