Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender determined by father's genes?

Hi, I've just read that the gender of a baby is determined by a father's genes? If the father has had more brothers then he's more likely to father boys and vice versa. Is that true and how does that fit in with gender swaying where it's really mainly the woman who tries to influence this via diet etc.? Thanks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think that's true at all. My husband has one sister and we have 7 boys lol
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

3. Likes atomic sagebrush, DesiG, Lissastick liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gender IS determined by the sperm at the point of conception (all eggs are X) sperm are 50% X ('female') and 50% Y ('male'), however what you are trying to do with swaying is make the conditions for conception more favourable for your preferred gender.

Best of luck. X
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie2016 View Post
    Hi, I've just read that the gender of a baby is determined by a father's genes? If the father has had more brothers then he's more likely to father boys and vice versa. Is that true and how does that fit in with gender swaying where it's really mainly the woman who tries to influence this via diet etc.? Thanks.
    Lots of evidence works against this. Anecdotally, my husband came from a BBBG family, where his brother has had BGB. We have a girl.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, that's not true. I am aware of that study, but all the researchers did was go back and count number of males and females historically in a family (and found some have more boys vs. girls, but we knew that already) and then come up with the idea of a hypothetical gene which has never been proven to exist and then do some "fun with math" and pretend that it existed. It has never been found and most researchers into gender ratio believe such a thing would NEVER be found.

The reason for this is because males are at a huge reproductive disadvantage and any family's genes that "tied" themselves to males vs. females would be at a very great disadvantage I have an explanation of this here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...de-family.html

The reason why some families have more boys than girls and vice versa is because of other things, like lifestyle and environment, and possibly genetic factors that are NOT strictly tied to gender, such as height or muscle mass or even physical beauty. Tall couples tend to have more sons than small couples, but if a tall man married a short woman and had a short son, that short son would then be more likely to father girls anyway. So it is NOT that there is a gender gene set in stone but there can possibly be some genetic characteristics that could run in a family that might lead to the overall family having more of one vs. the other, but the lion's share of this is lifestyle, diet, environment and NOT genetic characteristics and it's really vanishingly unlikely that there is a "boy gene" (and do please read the link I post as I go into much more detail in that.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    I don't think that's true at all. My husband has one sister and we have 7 boys lol
    There are a LOT of celebrities that have this exact same situation or the reverse of it - like Bill Cosby (sorry to mention him but he's such a good example!!) who's one of 4 boys and has 4 girls and his son that passed away.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, that makes sense. I was a little worried already that here I am trying to sway and then some gene interferes with all of this ) ... I know one guy who has 4 girls with 3 different wives, is that pure pot luck or somehow related to him?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be either because there are things that men have in terms of lifestyle and diet that can make them be more prone to father girls, but this is a changeable thing and not set in stone.

Additionally guys sometimes have a "taste" for boy moms or girl moms and just may be part and parcel of the type of gal he's attracted to.

12. Thanks Kittybear thanked for this post