Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cranberry delaying ovulation?

Help! I was taking 15,000 mg of cranberry as part of a light girl sway. Took it for about a week (about a week before o was due). When I didn't see my cheapie opk line even getting darker I stopped taking them. Now still no ovulation and it's a week late. Has anyone had cranberry delay their ovulation? If so, by how much? I've always been like clockwork and now I'm due for af in a few days and no ovulation at all! Can't believe this! Did your cycle ever go back to normal? Did you ovulate late with the cranberry? Or not at all?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what else are you doing and taking for your sway???

I am not a fan of cranberry because our results show it doesn't work, and it has risks and side effects that to me are not justified since it doesn't work anyway.

I have not had any reports on cran delaying O that I recall, but then again most people take a bunch of things in addition to cranberry and I would very likely have blamed it on some other culprit and not the cran (since I have always been told that it doesn't affect O).

I also want to point out that it is possible to O and not get a positive OPK. So you may have Oed and not detected the surge in your urine (and this I HAVE had some people report when taking cranberry, that it seemed to affect their urine or OPK to not register the surge).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think cranberry would delay O, but I also agree with atomic that it's not very helpful for a girl sway. It's based on the idea that pH sways which has been debunked, and it has a lot of side-effects and risks not worth it. I took it when I got my boy.

I am one that gets wonky OPK's all the time. Sometimes I O (confirmed by basal body temp) but never get +OPK. Sometimes I get +OPK the day I ovulate, which doesn't help in timing at all.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow i never thought about that! maybe the cranberry impacted my pee and caused all negative opks! that would definitely explain it! and I didnt start testing BBT until after i thought i should have ovulated because I was so ticked off about not getting a positive opk that i decided to start temping. and my temp has been consistently high (98.2-98.4) so maybe I'm in the high temp phase because I o'ed but didnt know it. that would explain so much! as for other supplements, I am not taking anything else (was going to attempt an O+12 sway with just the cranberry, DH abstaining for 10 days, and increase in calcium/milk intake, and possibly a lemon douche). I have never heard that pH theory was debunked! so what are people doing these days for a pink sway with o+12?? I am 4 years past my last pregnancy and didn't think about gender so much back then. So back then I remember pH was basically everything. what can I do for a light O+12 sway? really want to avoid supplements. can you suggest some easy things I can do for a pink sway? thank you so much!!!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us on here got boy(s) doing all those old school things so we started investigating and found out that most of the "theories" about swaying were not biologically possible and some of them may even sway blue, not pink. :/ It is of course your sway, your way, but it was really easy for most of us to give up these things considering we got boys that way (or did not conceive at all for really long times)

pH is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    O+12 http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...9-no-12-a.html
    Timing in general here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Calcium is more controversial; if you must use it, PLEASE just take a cal-mag supp and NOT increase dairy intake as dairy is very nutrient dense and probably sways blue.
    Calcium is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-CONTROVERSIAL

So, you may now be confused wondering what really DOES sway, and it's your overall physical condition and fertility as a whole. We have a different diet we follow called LE Diet, following this for 12 weeks or more plus fiber supps, coffee, and alcohol, plus cardio exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week, and having one attempt (regardless of day) have all been very successful for us. It is very probable that the reason why anyone ever thought the old school techniques were swaying was because they were tapping into maternal condition and fertility, and because most pink timing methods used one attempt which has been extremely successful for us.

I know it's confusing so please ask if any questions. We want your sway to succeed and many of us have 2-3-4 opposites doing those "old school" things.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm already basically on the LE diet. But if o+12 and shettles are no good then what timing is good? The GD stats show high success for o+12. Hubby is willing to do abstinence or FR , which is better? Why does a single attempt have a high success rate? When should that attempt be? If pH doesn't sway then can you please suggest one or two more things I can do to sway pink? Please! so confused!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't work. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html It's been debunked in about every way it's possible to be debunked, including proving that Dr. Shettles was completely mistaken about the reason why he thought timing worked to begin with (X and Y sperm are the same size and live the same length of time)

O+12 is always done with one attempt. Since our numbers with O+12 and 1 attempt are identical, I believe that it is the one attempt that is swaying and not O+12 (especially since most people who think they got pregnant with O+12 actually ovulated later than they think that they did)

I can't compare abstinence and FR since two totally different groups of people do them. Neither one has gotten good results for us.

We have no clue why one attempt sways pink. When we started this site, no one had even guessed that number of attempts in and of themselves may sway. We played around with the idea of keeping timing, frequency, pH, drying up CM, etc, while adding attempts to boost odds of conception. Our numbers were just awful. The only people whose sways were working were those who did one attempt. Once we realized this trend, we had everyone switch to one attempt and our results went up drastically and immediately, and have stayed up ever since.

Since one attempt seems to sway, and timing doesn't, it makes sense to put that one attempt at a point in time that has good odds of conception. Either O-1 or O-2 are both good days for conception to occur. We generally aim for one attempt at positive OPK just because it's a very convenient way to know when to have one attempt at a point that is good for conception (average 24-36 hours before O, so about o-1/2 ish)

You can do whatever sway tactics you would like. it's totally at your discretion. But the things that have really, truly worked for us is LE Diet 12 weeks or longer plus fiber, coffee, alcohol; cardio exercise 60 min. a day 6-7 days a week, possibly OLE for DH, one attempt or every 4 day method, and Clomid/Femara if you can get them. All the rest of the sway tactics out there have been neutral or even worse than neutral (getting lower results than the overall success rate of the site, meaning more people are getting girls without them than with them.)

9. Likes GirlieCat liked this post