Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If it were me, I would DTD the night of the pos OPK and then again the next day, but I don't put much stock into timing and I also think that the overall sperm numbers that are in DW's repro tract matter more than the sperm count itself (so even if some guys might have a small decrease in number of swimmers from 2 shots back to back, by virtue of having more sperm on hand to make it to the egg will counteract that and sway blue even more so.)

For strict timing, DTD the day after pos OPK.
    I had planned to DTD this time +opk day and day after, so that I think is the plan next time. I know that is back to back BDs, but seriously, I got my son from a 6 day stretch of BD in a row, and both my girls were one shot deals, so I tend to agree that there needs to be a bunch of swimmers in there waiting!!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic do you have a study showing how daily release lowers sperm count? especially over many days? if the male supply COMPLETELY refreshes every 36hrs, why does it need to be a week of frequent DTD and wouldn't a few days do just the same? it wouldn't deplete further the more days you did it.
    Last edited by rainbowflower; October 4th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I thought one attempt is dtd on O day only and that's it. If we also dtd 2-3 till +opk and then on O day too that's just like the dual attempt because for sure you have a O-3 or O-2 in there, right?

isn't this a 1 day cut off? You dtd 1 day before O right?

I just need to be sure here to do it right.
    1) You're right on that but people are trying to DTD every 2-4 days and then BD once on O for maximizing sperm count, so I am assuming that people are attempting to time those BD attempts to coincide with when they expect to O, if that makes any sense. Because if you don't DTD every 2-4 days, that's abstinence and will sway pink. People don't have to use every attempt for insemination, I was more thinking DTD with a condom and then only using the last BD for insemination.

2)That was just a typo because I kept getting interrupted. I meant to say that if you thought you would O on CD 14 but didn't until CD 15!! Exact opposite of what I wrote.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    Atomic do you have a study showing how daily release lowers sperm count? especially over many days? if the male supply COMPLETELY refreshes every 36hrs, why does it need to be a week of frequent DTD and wouldn't a few days do just the same? it wouldn't deplete further the more days you did it.
    I don't know that there is a study on that, I'm going off of what they said back on IG and also what people's REs tell them to do, which is for maximum sperm count, NOT to do frequent BD, and instead to DTD every 2-4 days. I'm sure there is a study out there somewhere but I never did chase that one down.

I think the numbers are lower the more often you do frequent because the sperm just don't have enough time to replenish themselves. at some point, the process begins to slow down.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1) You're right on that but people are trying to DTD every 2-4 days and then BD once on O for maximizing sperm count, so I am assuming that people are attempting to time those BD attempts to coincide with when they expect to O, if that makes any sense. Because if you don't DTD every 2-4 days, that's abstinence and will sway pink. People don't have to use every attempt for insemination, I was more thinking DTD with a condom and then only using the last BD for insemination.
    But I thought you said we should fill the crypts? If you are DTD every 2-4 days but using condoms, then there will be no crypt filling at all. I am confused.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    But I thought you said we should fill the crypts? If you are DTD every 2-4 days but using condoms, then there will be no crypt filling at all. I am confused.
    Yes, ~I~ believe that it's best to fill the crypts BUT I do know that not everyone wants to do that. Some people prefer to stick to Shettles timing and that's fine., I was trying to make one thread that consolidated all the diff. advice into one, so taken out of context it is confusing, but that was for people who wanted to do a strict timing/one attempt Shettles-style.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the advice you are thinking of, Hobber:

"Dual attempts: Some people will want to fit in more than one attempt in their fertile window and I believe this helps sway blue by increasing overall sperm numbers that survive to make it to the egg. In addition, it also raises pH. For example, one couple might O-2 and then again on O, or O-3 and O-1, or even DTD three days in a row, O-2, O-1, and again on O day - this should not diminish your husband’s sperm count and sway pink because it takes 7-10 days of frequent release to do that for most guys (don't do any more than three consecutive days, though). Others will prefer to stick with the traditional timing and have only one attempt on O as described above."

PS - I am really glad you asked about that though because I suspect other people were also confused!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for explaining. I am still pretty sure we will go for 2 days of BD. I just feel that, even if one attempt is traditional timing, I want to go opposite of what got my girls and more of what got me my boy.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My thinking is, I have no issue with timing as long as it's helping people get pg rather than hindering them. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulate quite irregularly so when should my first BD attempt be? My last four cycles I have ovulated on CD41, CD27, CD27 and CD43. I want to do at least 2 BD attempts (optimal O-2 and O).

I was planning on DTD (with condom) every 2nd/3rd day from AF but I'm not sure when we should actually start our BD attempts. If for example we start BDing on CD25 every 2nd/3rd day and then I don't O until CD43 would all those multiple BD attempts sway pink? It's so hard not knowing when O will happen. Thinking I should just start the Clomid so I know when I will O!
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast