Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC with a flu, what did you get?

Hi ladies, heard if you get a flu around ovulation it sways pink, can I hear your experiences?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump!

Even though it feels like I've been sick a bazillion times in my life and gotten pregnant only slightly fewer times LOL, I have never managed to be sick when I got pregnant!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that the level of illness plays a role. If it's a flu, the body is very busy fighting the virus, inflamed and probably also fighting the bacterial infections that come with it. This would make a harsh environment in the body for sure.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes - great question! - I'm also curious specifically about how one's immune system might sway. I've heard that flus sway pink, but on the flip side I believe Atomic (or someone somewhere) has noticed that autoimmune disorders seem to sway boy? Also, at least one study found a very strong connection between toxoplasmosis and having boys. They speculated it's because a mother's immune system will be "modulated or suppressed" like, life-long.

So, um, what's all that about? If you're sick with something that your immune system has to fight for the short-term it sways girl, but if your immune system is somehow out of whack from a chronic situation it sways boy?
    Last edited by Complex Emotions; October 25th, 2016 at 11:50 PM.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope this is not true cause I had toxoplasmosis last year
    On the other hand, I was pregnant with a girl afterwards...let's hope I can manage to do this again!
    Mom of angel Liv (stillborn at 30w on 06/25/2016)

TTC rainbow baby
    Failed sway, due September 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Emotions View Post
    Yes - great question! - I'm also curious specifically about how one's immune system might sway. I've heard that flus sway pink, but on the flip side I believe Atomic (or someone somewhere) has noticed that autoimmune disorders seem to sway boy? Also, at least one study found a very strong connection between toxoplasmosis and having boys. They speculated it's because a mother's immune system will be "modulated or suppressed" like, life-long.

So, um, what's all that about? If you're sick with something that your immune system has to fight for the short-term it sways girl, but if your immune system is somehow out of whack from a chronic situation it sways boy?
    I think what is most important here is their lifestyle, which isn't provided in the study. Is it possible that a certain lifestyle is what increases the chances of getting toxoplasmosis and consequently these women have baby boys?

It isn't really the immune system itself that sways or doesn't sway as the immune system is controlled by other factors like hormones, the immune system doesn't suppress itself, make sense?

What sways, in my opinion, is how the body behaves when we have disease happening and this has alot to do with each individual's lifestyle, stress management and diet. There's people who can go through any disease, perfectly calm and if they are healthy, not much turmoil within the body itself.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

9. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dislikes Prayingforpink20 disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that it is maternal condition and then in turn, overall fertility that actually is/are the mechanism that sway. Since autoimmune disorders are often a state of being in such good condition that your body is actually going nutso and attacking itself (not really, but that's a very shorthand way to think of it) and many of us actually have to take medication that lowers our immune system to deal with them, it may work that way - I find that when I'm run down and seemingly in low condition my eczema improves. Some people with autoimmune disorders have no trouble conceiving, but then have trouble implanting an embryo because their immune system attacks it, so it also may be that autoimmune disease does not affect fertility (but may seem to in some people because they can't hold onto pregnancies)

Being acutely sick, like with a cold or whatever, we know it has the ability to delay ovulation so those kind of things do seem to suppress fertility in the short term.

Toxoplasmosis is a much more intriguing thing (actually just read a book about it) whereby it may actually affect your brain to make men only engage in possibly more risk-taking behavior. Men who have toxo infections are perceived to be manlier and may have higher T levels, so it may be a case where the parasite hijacks human reproduction to spread itself (and it's actually a complete accident, because it doesn't WANT to be in humans, it wants to be in mice, and it DOES hijack their behavior 100% proven - or it may be that it's a holdover from some ancient past where it did regularly infect us and possibly survived better because of this)

So i believe 3 totally different things going on that all may alter gender ratio.

11. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid86 View Post
    I hope this is not true cause I had toxoplasmosis last year
    On the other hand, I was pregnant with a girl afterwards...let's hope I can manage to do this again!
    you got a girl after that!!

13. Likes sigrid86 liked this post