Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maximbella View Post
    I thought that you actually count the BD day into the 4 days, so it would look like this, or am I confused??

BD on 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, etc...

Am I wrong?
    Here's the thing. There is no MAGIC to the 4 day pattern, it's just a way of being in with one attempt in the fertile window (or two max) So you can do it EITHER way really (altho what you're saying I'd call e3d). You can even go farther and have 4 full days between attempts or 5 or whatever.

Think of it this way. More attempts = better chance of conception, but possibly more blue friendly. Fewer attempts = lower chance conception but possibly more pink friendly. So every person needs NOT to get hung up on some relatively arbitrary BD schedule that I made up, but to weigh the two options and then decide what is going to be best for you personally given your situation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Butterflies buttercups liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantanother2017 View Post
    I'm only on CD 10 right now so I have a week or so to play with. I usually ovulate around CD 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Start right away if doing e4d because you CAN O early. That is the main benefit of the e4e/e3d idea is that you start going before you think you could possibly O, and keep going after you think you already Oed, and are thus covered in case of unpredictable ovulation (which is one of the main reasons why people don't get pregnant - the assumption is "well I can't get pg with one attempt" but you CAN, it's just that often people are having an attempt so early or so late that they completely miss the egg.)

4. Likes Wantanother2017 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Start right away if doing e4d because you CAN O early. That is the main benefit of the e4e/e3d idea is that you start going before you think you could possibly O, and keep going after you think you already Oed, and are thus covered in case of unpredictable ovulation (which is one of the main reasons why people don't get pregnant - the assumption is "well I can't get pg with one attempt" but you CAN, it's just that often people are having an attempt so early or so late that they completely miss the egg.)
    If you're using OPKs and haven't had a positive, wouldn't you know you haven't ovulated? I'm on CD 11 and have been testing for a few days and haven't had a positive yet....

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I'm sure my 372837 questions are making you want to pull your hair out. I'm sorry!
    I've just been dying a slow death on this diet for 8 months and I don't want to screw this up!
    Thank you for your patience

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just keep going with opks if u find them ok to use or just do e4d? Or like atomic said to up chances of getting pg this cycle e3d if u comfortable with that x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantanother2017 View Post
    If you're using OPKs and haven't had a positive, wouldn't you know you haven't ovulated? I'm on CD 11 and have been testing for a few days and haven't had a positive yet....

No, because you can have false negative OPK.

It is not the norm to surge/O before CD 11 anyway. My "early O" comment was directed at someone who usually Oed more like CD 18 but it is totally poss to have a person usually O a bit later, and then have a "normal" cycle now and then and O on CD 14 or whatever. So people who tend to O on the later side still need to assume they could O on CD 12-14 and operate under that assumption.

10. Likes Wantanother2017 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

E4 Days Question

No, because you can have false negative OPK.

It is not the norm to surge/O before CD 11 anyway. My "early O" comment was directed at someone who usually Oed more like CD 18 but it is totally poss to have a person usually O a bit later, and then have a "normal" cycle now and then and O on CD 14 or whatever. So people who tend to O on the later side still need to assume they could O on CD 12-14 and operate under that assumption.
    Ok. I tend to O later too. Usually around CD 18ish. On CD 13 today so might just DTD tomorrow night or the next, and again on night of +opk. So 2 attempts in the fertile window, and hope I catch the egg!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the thing. There is no MAGIC to the 4 day pattern, it's just a way of being in with one attempt in the fertile window (or two max) So you can do it EITHER way really (altho what you're saying I'd call e3d). You can even go farther and have 4 full days between attempts or 5 or whatever.

Think of it this way. More attempts = better chance of conception, but possibly more blue friendly. Fewer attempts = lower chance conception but possibly more pink friendly. So every person needs NOT to get hung up on some relatively arbitrary BD schedule that I made up, but to weigh the two options and then decide what is going to be best for you personally given your situation.
    Hi Atomic, so E4D would be : eg: BD on 1st jul, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25?
    2017 Ttc a girl

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

15. Thanks snowy_ice thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy_ice View Post
    Hi Atomic, so E4D would be : eg: BD on 1st jul, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25?
    AAA your little boy is soo cute!!

I consider that pattern to be e5d (because you BD on the 5th day) but that is still ok. In fact I would actually like to see people use it more, especially to start with...so if people wanted to start off with that pattern instead of doing one attempt at positive OPK that would be fine to start with. It is lower odds of conception but possibly better for pink.

The true e4d will come out to be, in the worst case scenario, attempt on O-3 and O day. So in your scenario this would be O-3 on July 1, O-2 on July 2, O-1 on July 3, O Day on July 4. The attempts (if they worked out that way, I mean) would fall on July 1 and 4 (and so on, in that pattern.) It would be more likely to fall on O-1 or O-2 but the worst case would be O-3 and O Day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast