Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ovulating left or right - gender myth?

So a few people have tried to tell me that if you ovulate out of your right ovary you are more likely to have a boy and if you ovulate from your left a girl.
    Would this be true? I know Ramzi method is based on the placenta location being right for a boy and left for a girl but what about those people who only have one ovary but have both genders?
    DD Feb 2016
    DS Dec 2017 Thank you atomic and gender dreaming. My sway worked!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly! It's an owt. I ovulated from left in my last pregnancy ( know from ultrasound) and baby/ placenta was located to the left ( girl by ramzi theory) but I had a boy. I don't believe in either Ramzi or other similar theories anymore. My sister has only one ovary and has both genders so it can't be true.

3. Likes GirlieCat, dancingdiva88 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It started off as an old wives' tale peddled by people selling "foolproof" gender swaying method but then when it was investigated by researchers interestingly it turned out to have just the teensiest bit of fact to it - when they tracked a 3 month time period, women who ovulated L, L, R, had boys 75% of the time. But it was only in 3 month cycles and

It's not the ovary that you O from (most likely) instead it is the phenomenon that when you're in the best condition and the most fertile, you tend to O from the right side (the body is a little "lopsided" and sends more blood to your right side, for most people) and then when you're in lower condition, for reasons we do not know, the right side "relaxes" and the left takes over for a few cycles. So it is ~probably~ not any magic due to side of O, but instead that you're more likely to have a girl when you're in declining condition, so R, R, L may indicate a person who was in good condition and then their condition went down.

Or, it could all be a crapshoot.

But I have seen plenty of folks getting boys from left and girls from right.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kittendreams View Post
    Exactly! It's an owt. I ovulated from left in my last pregnancy ( know from ultrasound) and baby/ placenta was located to the left ( girl by ramzi theory) but I had a boy. I don't believe in either Ramzi or other similar theories anymore. My sister has only one ovary and has both genders so it can't be true.
    I have a hard time buying Ramzi any more. Firstly because if it worked, it would have caught on now and every clinic in the country would be using it, and secondly because I've seen people send him $10 to guess their ultrasounds and he guessed wrong. :/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only ever feel pain on my right ovary, at least in the last few years that I remember anyway. I have constantly wondered if my left ovary even works. LOL!
    I am definitely right side dominant though, everything on my right side is bigger so maybe that's why I ovulate more frequently (if not exclusively haha) from my right side.

Everyone has one bigger/dominant side from what I've come to understand. There may be a certain truth to it, but it isn't just this one thing that would dictate the gender. I've recently read that the egg pretty much picks and chooses what sperm it will let in and it goes hand in hand with that one theory that lady had with her cow study.

It just sounds to me like when the woman is in better condition, she releases her bigger and healthier eggs, which may happen to be on the right side and then the big healthy egg opens up to male sperm.

Who really knows though lol, Interesting for sure.
    Last edited by cosmosis; January 10th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also only feel ovulation pain on the right side, I was wondering if my left was even working too! I know from ultrasound that my first did come from the left and my second from the right, both boys.
    2014 2016

9. Likes ohforfoxsake liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, here's where it gets totally crazy.

Because both ovaries develop eggs every month, it is possible to have pain on both sides including the side that doesn't ovulate. In fact, we know several people on here who had very strong pain on one side and then had an ultrasound only to find out they'd ovulated from the other side. Just like a big sore pimple that feels better once it's popped, ovulating can actually make the one side feel better while the other side (under the effect of max amounts of hormones) feels worse.

The way the body grows, the right side is bigger due to blood flow (and you can read about that here, sorry there's a slightly risque pic on this blog) https://jenapincott.wordpress.com/20...t-ovary-rules/ So most often, right is dominant but studies have found that as you age lefty takes over (also in same post)

I personally don't think the egg "chooses" because if it did, we'd know it by now. But however it works, you can't tell what gender your baby is on the basis of what side you have O pains on.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that's really interesting. I never feel the left side and have only felt the right since having kids (or maybe Im more aware of my fertility in general, probably didnt think about it at all before!!) Im breastfeeding at the moment and no periods, but I still feel the O pain once a month.. like it's gearing up to release an egg but the bf hormones kick in and stop it maybe?
    2014 2016

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes exactly. I have experienced the same thing. I once had a fake O while breastfeeding that was so real, with O pain, EWCM, and all my normal symptoms I went to the doc for a blood test when my period did not show up but I never even ovulated. Doc said he saw that quite regularly with people who were nursing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, here's where it gets totally crazy.

Because both ovaries develop eggs every month, it is possible to have pain on both sides including the side that doesn't ovulate. In fact, we know several people on here who had very strong pain on one side and then had an ultrasound only to find out they'd ovulated from the other side. Just like a big sore pimple that feels better once it's popped, ovulating can actually make the one side feel better while the other side (under the effect of max amounts of hormones) feels worse.

The way the body grows, the right side is bigger due to blood flow (and you can read about that here, sorry there's a slightly risque pic on this blog) https://jenapincott.wordpress.com/20...t-ovary-rules/ So most often, right is dominant but studies have found that as you age lefty takes over (also in same post)

I personally don't think the egg "chooses" because if it did, we'd know it by now. But however it works, you can't tell what gender your baby is on the basis of what side you have O pains on.
    That's totally me! Ovulation pain for me is always both sides, but I sure didn't end up with twins (haha). I definitely felt implantation with my DD, and I have noticed when ovarian cysts rupture, but ovulation in general is always both for me.

That's fascinating about each side being potentially different in terms of health. I imagine that makes loss of a tube even harder on fertility if the right side is what's lost? Hmmm.

But who knows -- the body's so weird. People can survive and thrive with one lobe of the brain if it happens early enough in life. No wonder people become scientists/researchers!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast