Thread: Sway After MC

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sway After MC

In the Girl Sway spreadsheet, it has statistics that say that 15 out 20 conceptions during the first cycle after MC were girls; 75%. I know that is a tiny sample size. But does the first cycle after a MC really sway pink like that much?? What is the reason for that?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following...

Also wondering why people say "right after MC you're more fertile for a few months"... that seems like it's just a nice thought to make us feel better because I don't understand in the science world why that could really be...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, this seems to be documented. That there is more conception success right after MC than if you wait a few months, like many doctors suggest. Not only is the conception rate higher but the the full term pregnancy rate is higher than normal as well.

One theory seems to be, that your body was 'preparing' itself for pregnancy with the first go-round that ended in MC. And shortly after it is all the way primed and ready. Who knows the science though. Im sure people are just guessing.

I was interested in the Pink Sway part of the equation. 75% seems like a promising number for Girls.

Who knows more about this stuff?

4. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a link for more info on the study that showed the odds of carrying full-term are better if you conceive within 6 months of a miscarriage:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedh...rriage-advice/

Sadly, I don't think there's any hard evidence that it sways girl, but the "just for fun" stats on here are certainly encouraging.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we believe that the cycle after a loss or possibly two sways pink.

We do not know why it is; I will speculate but PLEASE everyone do not get so focused on my speculation that you lose sight of just doing what is working for most people, most of the time for swaying.

I believe that the reason swaying works is because of natural mechanisms that gently suppress overall chances conception (kind of a primordial birth control). This mechanism is NOT sudden, it's very gradual, it's inconsistent/unpredictable, and it doesn't work very well. So this means you can kind of be "walking down the path" of your body's natural birth control method, but still be fertile and able to conceive. Like, imagine having a heart attack, it is not something that happens overnight but takes years to develop. Same thing here. Your body is just a little less optimally fertile than normal after a loss (or when you've lost weight, exercising a lot, breastfeeding, just had a baby, coming off the pill, etc) and this sways pink for us. Whether it is because of changes in cervical mucus or the egg or something else entirely we have no idea.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Birthfree liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Birthfree View Post
    Following...

Also wondering why people say "right after MC you're more fertile for a few months"... that seems like it's just a nice thought to make us feel better because I don't understand in the science world why that could really be...
    It is just a nice thing that people say mostly, though.

What you have to understand is that there is more than one way to look at fertility. One is by making more and/or better eggs, and that ~may~ be what miscarriage helps with. The pregnancy hormones in your system may possibly (totally unproven speculation!) make for a better egg and hyperovulation (which doubles your chances that one egg or the other is a good one)

But there is another way to think about fertility and THIS I believe is the key to swaying. The chances that sperm meet egg ALSO matter to your odds of conceiving. So I think miscarriage may alter your hormones in a way that may make it harder for sperm to meet egg (swaying pink) but ALSO may make a healthier egg and/or more eggs released.

So, weirdly, it can be a case of both things being true.

9. Likes XXforhubby, Erin514, Birthfree liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin514 View Post
    Here's a link for more info on the study that showed the odds of carrying full-term are better if you conceive within 6 months of a miscarriage:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedh...rriage-advice/

Sadly, I don't think there's any hard evidence that it sways girl, but the "just for fun" stats on here are certainly encouraging.
    That's really not the point of that study though. The point of that study was for doctors to stop telling people to "wait this long or dire things will occur". It was also studying aspirin use, and all those women were on aspirin.

Most of the people in the study DID TTC again within 3 months. The people who didn't, I do not find they are "typical" in terms of being randomly selected since virtually all people I know who have a loss desperately want to conceive again. They waited for ~some~ reason and we don't know what that reason(s) was/were. Additionally, the actual point of why they did the study to begin with, was testing the aspirin. Since we have another study that shows an elevated risk of miscarriage with women taking baby aspirin (without having clotting factors, that is) it remains to be seen if this is a real finding or a result of longer time on aspirin.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is just a nice thing that people say mostly, though.

What you have to understand is that there is more than one way to look at fertility. One is by making more and/or better eggs, and that ~may~ be what miscarriage helps with. The pregnancy hormones in your system may possibly (totally unproven speculation!) make for a better egg and hyperovulation (which doubles your chances that one egg or the other is a good one)

But there is another way to think about fertility and THIS I believe is the key to swaying. The chances that sperm meet egg ALSO matter to your odds of conceiving. So I think miscarriage may alter your hormones in a way that may make it harder for sperm to meet egg (swaying pink) but ALSO may make a healthier egg and/or more eggs released.

So, weirdly, it can be a case of both things being true.
    Well that's really interesting and I could see that being plausible. Thanks for talking this through with me/us!

I'm following what you had us do last month for this month... since it worked. Here's to an extra awesome egg, extra eggs or extra fertility - I'll take any.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post