Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I even have a boy?!

I have three girls and we're considering having a fourth try at a boy. I was a lurker with my last pregnancy but did a hardcore HE sway. I had to take clomid to get pregnant which was the only "girly" part about my lifestyle at the time. I researched like crazy and did everything pretty textbook. So now I'm back and more willing to ask questions. I recently had a geneticist and pediatrician tell me my chances of a boy after three of the same are extremely low. They actually told me not to even try in hopes of a boy. This wasn't a medical consultation, they just shared this information with me. So I'm wondering, is it even possible for me to have a boy? When I google the topic I also see that it appears the stats go down after three of the same.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic and many of the women here will tell you that you can have a boy/girl at any point no matter how many previous girls/boys you have. This hope is what has me lurking around here. I wonder if comments like you've have come as many women have relatively consistent lifestyles (diet/exercise/BD etc) and that seems to make it more likely to have the same again. All we can do is try and change our lifestyle to be more boy/girl friendly depending on what you're wanting. Even with a great sway last time you can still have an opposite, no guarantees unfortunately. I'm sure Atomic will be able to review your sway from last time and make any relevant suggestions. GL.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's nonsense. That is completely untrue and people get boys after 3 girls all the time. For some reason that escapes me I think medical professionals are largely opposed to bigger families and are willing to let their opinions affect the type of advice they give.

Please check out this link, your odds actually go up after 3 girls!! What are the odds of having another boy or girl? : Ingender.com

I know people who had boys after 3,4,5,6,7 and yes, even 8 girls (and she had 2 boys in a row!) My own great-grandma had 6 girls and then 2 boys at the end. It's just not true.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Skyblue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's all anecdotes, but I know lots of boys conceived after several girls and vice versa. Even dated the Bs of GGB and GGGB families and married into a BBBG family where HIS parents were GGGBB and GGBGBBG. For medical personnel to say that to you without any medical reason makes my hackles rise!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No, it's nonsense. That is completely untrue and people get boys after 3 girls all the time. For some reason that escapes me I think medical professionals are largely opposed to bigger families and are willing to let their opinions affect the type of advice they give.

Please check out this link, your odds actually go up after 3 girls!! What are the odds of having another boy or girl? : Ingender.com

I know people who had boys after 3,4,5,6,7 and yes, even 8 girls (and she had 2 boys in a row!) My own great-grandma had 6 girls and then 2 boys at the end. It's just not true.
    I knew a woman whose mother had GGGGGBBBBB!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I'd really LOVE to do is to go through the family records of big families and see NOT if some families have more of one gender than the other, but if overall the big runs of gender follow 50-50ish breakdowns or not. This would correct for the tendency of a family to stop after only 1-2 of the opposite gender and would prove that during some parts of people's lives, they may be more "set" to make one gender vs. the other for whatever reason.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ