Thread: Opk results

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk results

I have been testing every day since my last period got a positive result this afternoon
    Don't know y I tested again this evening but was shocked it was negative so have I ovulated or not ???? So confussed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You get a positive when your LH hormone surges, not when you actually ovulate. Most ovulate 12-48 hours after their first positive OPK.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

3. Thanks NACIREMADREAM thanked for this post
    Likes lozandkeith, Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally the only way to know at home is to keep track of your basal body temp (BBT), but you probably ovulated within 12-48 hours of your test and/or are ovulating and just had a short LH surge before.

5. Likes lozandkeith liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Generally the only way to know at home is to keep track of your basal body temp (BBT), but you probably ovulated within 12-48 hours of your test and/or are ovulating and just had a short LH surge before.
    Thanx for reply girls xxx

7. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately when your OPK goes negative doesn't tell you if you've ovulated or not. You can have your test go neg and have not ovulated yet, or have ovulated and have positive tests for days after.

OPK tests do not test for ovulation. They test for the surge of hormone that signals O, which happens 24-36 hours average before O happens. Plus, the concentration in your urine can change too. So you just can't use them that way, unfortunately.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks NACIREMADREAM thanked for this post
    Likes lozandkeith liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id test for atleast all of your first cycle, I got a practically positive opk and presumed I ovulated and my temperature even shot up but a few days later it dropped and I got 3 days of much stronger positive opks followed by a more appropriate temperature risk. I often gear up to ovulate and dont, then my body does it a week later. The only difference I saw was that a day or so after ovulation my cm gets a yellow tinge against the toilet paper where as it just goes white if I haven't ovulated. So don't just presume you have ovulated, keep testing for a week. However, my last pregnancy about 9dpo I got a positive opk again so I thought once again I was having a delayed ovulation but actually it was an early pregnancy sign!! Good luck

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes lozandkeith liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
    Id test for atleast all of your first cycle, I got a practically positive opk and presumed I ovulated and my temperature even shot up but a few days later it dropped and I got 3 days of much stronger positive opks followed by a more appropriate temperature risk. I often gear up to ovulate and dont, then my body does it a week later. The only difference I saw was that a day or so after ovulation my cm gets a yellow tinge against the toilet paper where as it just goes white if I haven't ovulated. So don't just presume you have ovulated, keep testing for a week. However, my last pregnancy about 9dpo I got a positive opk again so I thought once again I was having a delayed ovulation but actually it was an early pregnancy sign!! Good luck
    Good advice I carried on testing and got another positive opk result yesterday ?? Confussed To y I've ad 2 positive opk 4 days apart ?? Anyway we did the deed last nite
    So excited to find out if I get pregnant but also feel nervous I haven't been on the le diet for long only exercise I been doin oh walkin our dog just praying the one attempt at opk doesn't sway me boy like it did with my 2 boys xxx

13. Likes atomic sagebrush, chocolate liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and pink dust!

You may want to BD every 4 days from here on in till AF arrives just in case O was delayed.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ