Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should we wait to TTC due to weather?!

I'm from the Midwest and when DH and I got pregnant with all 3 of our girls we got pregnant on the first try. DH thinks it's going to happen again. If we get pregnant this cycle, it will put the Due Date smack dab in the middle of January. Think Flu and snow storms. The only reason I would agree to try now is if winter babies sway blue or if there is something magical about having a winter baby.
    Had anyone postponed TTC because or weather?!?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a January son and now due with my fourth and final baby...a November baby.
    The first child (January baby) I didn't even think of it and was just happy to be having my first baby!.
    Fast forward and yes we do think of these thibgs. Weather is always a factor. His birthday parties are usually weather depending etc. It doesnt seem to both my son though at all. He loves to ve the oldest in his class! I would have loved a summer baby this time around but it wasn't in the cards for us. We had been trying to conceive for 7 months. It wasn't as easy this time as it's been all the other pregnancies.
    So I long story short.. I think that although we try to plan our lives as much as possible.. somethings can't be planned. If you were to get pregnant and be due with a January baby... it will be a wonderful gift that so many others don't get. You will make it work. Birthday parties can be fun and you'll be so happy that you didn't wait. Just my thoughts 😉

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't really think of that. I take my fertility for granted and need to remind myself to be grateful. Thanks for that!

4. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There isn't anything magical about the seasons for swaying There may be smaller things like the extra vit d through summer which helps a blue sway, plus the increased nutrition at certain times of year like christmas which again can help a blue sway but generally the HE diet and improving muscle tone will make any time of year a good time. I personally would want to avoid a xmas baby due to it being so hard organising xmas with a big worn out belly, me being so tired ruins it for the other children so I would aim for a Feb at the earliest maybe a March due date

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping for a spring baby. Living in the Midwest the winter illnesses here hit newborns the hardest.
    I'm trying to be patient and hold out for a few months. I am excited to add to our family and will be thrilled with any healthy baby.����

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two DD's - one is a Jan baby and the other is March. I also live in a cold climate in the Northeast and both were conceived first try (although this time around it's taken me several months of still trying). Although I do agree that having a baby in the spring/summer might be easier with illnesses, I also find that I don't get out much through the newborn stage anyway, so being home with the snow storms etc is kind of nice...then it warms up just in time for the baby to be old enough to be out and about with us to enjoy the nice weather (and for me to not be completely exhausted to enjoy it!). Just another perspective...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For reasons we don't know, there is a little bump of boy conceptions when babies are conceived in Sept-Nov. This peak may start to pick up in late July-August.

Personally, I have a late Dec. baby and it was pretty stressful, I'd not want to do January if it could be avoided!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ