Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused TTC, Cat & Stress

So we are planning to TTC this month and last week my husband and I adopted a cat. His cat passed away about 2 years ago so he really missed having a pet at home. So after adopting the cat, I saw people talking about women getting toxoplasmosis from the cat which could affect pregnancy later. I do not want to return our cat to the shelter since he is so adorable and we want him to have a forever home. My husband changes litter box for the cat. But I am not sure if I could contract this parasite if I pet or get scratched by him? Does any of you have cats and concern about this?

Also, we have been under lots of stress of remodeling and renting out our house while getting ready to move to another house. Would this affect swaying blue? Would this affect his sperm quality? (My DH does not want to take vitamins and supplements. He said they are too big for him to swallow )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Toxoplasmosis can only be passed through direct contact with fecal matter. I had 3 cats with my previous pregnancy and did most of the little work myself. I just dumped the whole box rather than scooping to minimize contact. If your Dh is taking care of the litter, there should be no issues.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

3. Thanks shinay, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed we have a cat and haven't altered my behaviour around that cat at all while pregnant except getting DP to change the litter box. You also need to be a little careful if you like gardening as yours or cats in the area may be going in the garden. I was also tested during my first pregnancy and was determined I couldn't catch toxoplasmosis but of course I didn't tell DP that.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

5. Thanks shinay thanked for this post
    Likes trifecta, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks cosmosis and MiaMelb. I am so relieved to hear from you two. I was calling the office to have a blood test just in case, but they said first available appointment is in June. I dont wanna wait for that long to get tested since we wanna ttc now.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have LOTS of cats and not once been concerned. Hubby changes litter boxes and I have no direct contact with their waste.

If you do outdoor yard work, wear gloves because usually that is a disease only outdoor cats get and you never know what stray neighborhood cats are using your yard as their litter box.

I do believe over stressing can sway blue but just my personal opinion watching others. Try your best to have a relaxed sway and not be too controlling of things. Good luck.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

9. Thanks shinay, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ops just realized Mia already warned of gardening...we must think a like Mia!
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

11. Thanks shinay thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If DH is changing the litter, then I wouldn't worry one bit! I have 2 indoor cats & I actually changed their litter myself using gloves for both pregnancies. It's highly unlikely if they are indoor cats so try not to stress

My Ovulation Chart
    2013 2015 2017

My Ovulation Chart

13. Thanks shinay thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for people who have cats for a while, the risk is minimal. Since we only have him for only almost a week and first time ttc, i am more worried about everything. Many people i know have gone thru miscarriages so i am trying my best to keep myself healthy for the baby to stick well. Thank you all for helping me feel better. We dont do much yard work now but i wear gloves whenever we do and wash my hands well afterwards.

I am trying not to stress too much else it might affect O timing and mess up my whole schedule hahaha. OMG i am super excited and nervous. We would be thrill to get pregnant first month ttc.

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as your husband changes the litter box it is fine!!

More people get toxoplasmosis from eating undercooked meat and veg that isn't properly washed than from cats anyway.

Weirdly, toxoplasmosis = more boys anyway. Now I am NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT x 1 million billion times over suggesting trying to get toxoplasmosis for swaying blue!! Seriously, no one do this as it can cause serious harm to an unborn baby if you have the active infection whilst pregnant. BUT it is one of those strange quirky things that we've uncovered in the course of our research.

Re the stress, that sounds like the kind of stress that only sways blue - having to worry about a lot of details, making big decisions, stuff like that. No worries there either.

Could he take a gummy?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

17. Thanks shinay thanked for this post
    Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Good to know. But yeah i wouldnt want to risk the pregnancy or harm the baby.

That is a great idea. What type of gummy would you recommend? Multivitamins?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast