Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid questions....

Hi ladies! Wondering if you can help answer these questions for me. I've been rx clomid 50mg on CD5-9 and supposed to start in a few days, but have the following questions. Atomic, can you please help?

· Does Clomid actually help improve egg quality, or does it just help release more eggs, increasing the probability that a higher quality egg(s) exist to be fertilized?

· If Clomid helps release eggs, does Clomid at all increase likelihood of any birth defects, leaning disabilities, or any other issues, from releasing eggs that would not have otherwise been released or released at such time?

· For a person who is already ovulating, what is the probability of having multiples? Are there ways when taking Clomid to materially reduce the risk of multiples?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clomid for me first round ( the month I conceived) I took 50mg. It did not produce more than 1 viable egg for me but it grew a bit bigger earlier in cycle. This might be exactly what you need maxim bc of your super long cycles! I ovulated on day 15 and had a mature size 19 follicle on my right side.
    I also took trigger shot in conjunction to help guarantee the egg was released.
    Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Robin, so reassuring to read that! My OB didn't say anything about monitoring follicles or anything, should I be worried?? Do you have a link to your sway?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was definitely monitored by an RE. I was having internal ultrasounds every other day to monitor the growth of follicles. Not sure how it works without the ultrasounds.?

Here's my 2nd successful sway link
    Robin2014 TTC GIRL SWAY

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Robin!! So excited to see you're having a girl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid questions....

I too was monitored by my RE while I was taking Clomid. However, I took 50mg for one cycle and then was bumped up to 100mg when I didn't respond to the first dose. I only produced one viable egg all three times. Ironically, my BFP cycle I produced two eggs that were fertilized and one vanished by 10 weeks. My RE said that it was doubtful the Clomid the previous cycle played a role. He said it was just a fluke.

🤞🏻for you Maxim!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xx! Hmmm, sounds like you guys are being monitored with an RE...wonder if the OB doesn't do that? I was thinking that sounded kind of "off" to be not be. Augh....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here to assure you Maxim that i was seen by a RE like they were but he didnt feel the need to monitor me via ultrasound..i went in once and it was only because i was due to ovulate but the face wasnt going solid and so i went in so they could see if i was responding to the medication at all..and found a nice large egg that later became my DD3 (i also ovulated later that night/next morning funny enough)

You just need to be aware of pain including painful bloating..maybe even excessive bloating that isnt entirely painful i would get in to have an ultrasound to make sure you arent over producing eggs and having a bad reaction. I was on 100 MG and i produced one very good egg...try not to stress too much about multiples, though you are at an increased risk...you can always schedule an ultrasound around day 16-18 to check on your eggs!...then you are at least prepared if there are multiple eggs about to pop that your chances are higher..if you just have the one really good egg like me or Robin the change of that becoming twins is highly unlikely except in the case of that egg splitting and becoming identical.

also my clomid baby was the easiest most happy going of my 4...and extremely intelligent to boot. met all her milestones early and continues to be ahead of her peers in everything except height and weight (she is a shorty with a high metabolism LOL)
    Last edited by Burakoam; May 22nd, 2017 at 06:04 PM.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

9. Likes Pink Pony, Imama liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much, that makes a lot of sense! I think I'll start and have him do an u/s to just see what's going on. If I am doing cd5-9, when should I ask for the u/s??

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)We honestly do not know for sure. There are a lot of theories and beliefs that it does improve egg quality but I do not feel it's been at all proven either way. What some say (again, unproven) is that it makes a "stronger ovulation" meaning the egg emerges from follicle in a better way making for a better egg and also a better follicle left behind to then start making prog. But how true that is, I cannot say.

It definitely DOES make people who are not ovulating, ovulate, though.

2)Clomid has been extensively studied and found ONLY when taken during pregnancy does it contribute in possible way to anything bad. This is why you need to take a pregnancy test the day you start the Clomid even if you are 110% sure you are not pregnant.

It has NOTHING to do with immature eggs being released. It makes the eggs mature, and then your body releases them normally. An immature egg would not be fertilizable.

3)The odds of multiples on Clomid are 8-10%. This has been studied and is a number across the entire population, I cannot speak to any one person's individual odds. Some people think taking it CD 5-9 lowers odds of multiples; personally I've seen multiples conceived on days 5-9 plus additionally I feel it has lower odds of conception than 3-7 does and that is why I tend to prefer 3-7. But that is up to you to decide.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks Aaliyah thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast