Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is fine, but would not have any more injections for a while. Even the absolutely most proven to be bad things (like Retin A) only caused issues a tiny fraction of the time and this is not even proven to cause harm.

IF something was going wrong, at this stage (prior to conception) all that would happen is that pregnancy would not occur anyway. As it was explained to me, exposures to harmful substances early on in pregnancy (which you are not even there yet) are simply pass/fail - the pregnancy just doesn't happen, the cells don't divide right. The real period of risk is when the pregnancy has been established and baby already mostly formed. Then it is possible for something to go wrong, cause a birth defect, and then still the baby will carry on developing, just not normally. (Not that that is much consolation, but I do think most people would rather just have a chemical, if you understand what I"m saying - not trying to be in any way insensitive at all!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge thank you for this one. I was starting to overthink and over stress this... I don't take any medications, didn't have an epidural with either birth, really like things organic/natural, etc. It took horrific migraines for me to agree to Botox and I started freaking out that this one time I do something, it would affect the health of a child, something I'm obviously not willing to risk. Thank you for your feedback...

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think it is fine, but would not have any more injections for a while. Even the absolutely most proven to be bad things (like Retin A) only caused issues a tiny fraction of the time and this is not even proven to cause harm.

IF something was going wrong, at this stage (prior to conception) all that would happen is that pregnancy would not occur anyway. As it was explained to me, exposures to harmful substances early on in pregnancy (which you are not even there yet) are simply pass/fail - the pregnancy just doesn't happen, the cells don't divide right. The real period of risk is when the pregnancy has been established and baby already mostly formed. Then it is possible for something to go wrong, cause a birth defect, and then still the baby will carry on developing, just not normally. (Not that that is much consolation, but I do think most people would rather just have a chemical, if you understand what I"m saying - not trying to be in any way insensitive at all!!)
    I agree and NO more botox for a long time.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told to wait at least 3 months after. I waited 6 months. I did not want to risk It!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

7. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Robin! Did your OB or dermatologist recommend that? It's so interesting to see the spread in recommendations - my OB and dermatologist both said that it didn't matter if prior to conception (just advised not to get during pregnancy). My sister (who is a dr) recommended to wait at least 6 months also (which of course I wish I could do, but can't wait that long).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maximbella View Post
    Hi Robin! Did your OB or dermatologist recommend that? It's so interesting to see the spread in recommendations - my OB and dermatologist both said that it didn't matter if prior to conception (just advised not to get during pregnancy). My sister (who is a dr) recommended to wait at least 6 months also (which of course I wish I could do, but can't wait that long).
    Yes my dermatologist said that. The one who did the botox and my family dr. However I've read of many people getting pregnant way before that timeframe and the babies are perfectly healthy! Just think of all the celebrities that obviously don't give up botox for 6 months +.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Robin, that's a great point!! I'm sure they probably still do Botox and other things during their pregnancy!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The toxin is in the body for a month. I wouldn't TTC that month

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkmama View Post
    The toxin is in the body for a month. I wouldn't TTC that month

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    OK this is no good - I am about to ovulate in a few DAYS. So do I need to skip this cycle or am I OK? Atomic can you provide clarification if I should continue with my attempts or skip this cycle? Botox was 10 days ago.

16. Likes maximbella liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have you attempt if you would like to, for the reasons I already mentioned. People can come along and say anything in threads but I stand by my original answer. And for some reason some doctors LOVE making people jump through a million hoops based on zero information but 6 months is just absolute overkill.

Even the absolutely most proven to be harmful things only cause issues a small fraction of the time and Botox is a Class C - not enough info to know (DURING pregnancy, let alone before) A couple studies found no correlation between birth defects and Botox use during pregnancy.

IF something did happen the pregnancy at this stage would simply not work out. Again, the risky time for birth defects is when your pregnancy is established and baby is well on the way of being formed.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 1st, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

18. Likes maximbella liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12