Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last minute tips TTC Boy

Hi there,
    After a Provera induced bleed I finally saw AF last week. My doc told me I had to wait for first AF before we could try again, after my son was born still in April two days before his due date.

Now that AF has gone I'm (impatiently) waiting with fingers crossed that I will O on my own. I'm currently on CD9, so there's a chance it could be any day now.

I understand that most swaying techniques one would follow for a significant period of time, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can still do now that may help me sway for a boy.

I'm trying my best to follow a HE diet, eating a banana everyday. Trying to eat more pineapple and eggs. Doing my best to eat smaller meals more frequently, and always ensure I do carbs and protein at each snack/meal.

I take a prenatal plus additional Folic Acid and Vitamin D and B12.

I am also going to start the Alka-Seltzer once a day and Robitussin.

Finally, starting to DTD every 4 days and then hopefully 2 or 3 times once my CBFM gives us a peak.
    I have cheapie OPKs that I will use mid afternoon/early evening as well as the CBFM to ensure I'm not missing a surge.

Using pre-seed every time.

I figure if I'm successful my first time, than a lot of these things won't impact, but since I'm trying to be realistic and know it could take several months I figure I should start now. I would LOVE a boy, but at this point I'd just be happy with a healthy baby, hence why I'm going to start TTC asap.

I guess I'm just curious if there's anything in particular that's jumping out that I'm missing for a blue sway.

TIA!
    Last edited by marcci; July 5th, 2017 at 04:30 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really sorry to hear about your angel baby boy. You sound very strong and ready for your rainbow baby.

You actually sound to have a pretty good boy sway planned. Possibly add in some weights a couple of times a week?

GL
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush, marcci thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd prob. hold off till O this month to start weights. I don't want to tax your body since you're still somewhat recovering.

In the here and now, I think the best strategy is to get plenty of sleep if you can!!

Is hubby doing anything??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks marcci thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing that he hasn't done for the last probably 10 years. He takes Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men as his multi-vitamin. He works out at least 4 times a week lifting heavy weights.

He eats very healthy, but a good amount - he has a very physically demanding job so eats regularly.
    Vector cereal with 1% milk for breakfast
    Chicken, rice and green beans for lunch
    Supper isn't always the same, but always some sort of meat and salad and additional veggies, sometimes starches like potatoes or a wrap if we have tacos or a bun if we have burgers, but not always.
    For snacks he has a protein bar, Babybell cheese, rice crackers with peanut butter and a banana, orange, beef jerky, cashews.

He is very positive, but somewhat naive. He seems to think he's this "manly man" with lots of testosterone and we'll have no problem getting pregnant again. I don't think he's as focused on boy vs girl, he just wants us to have a child.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes he's doing all the right things anyway. I have very high hopes that he's right and you guys will be getting that BFP soon.

(just wanted to let you know I have read your PM, it was just a little long to get through but going to try to get back to you today with that.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks marcci thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh yes he's doing all the right things anyway. I have very high hopes that he's right and you guys will be getting that BFP soon.

(just wanted to let you know I have read your PM, it was just a little long to get through but going to try to get back to you today with that.)
    Thanks Atomic! Nice that he's so positive, but sometimes I wish he'd be a bit more realistic that conceiving isn't necessarily going to be as easy as the first time. Hopefully his positivity cancels out my stress and we get lucky!

Sorry for the novel of the PM I sent you! Respond whenever you have time!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post