Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe in magic foods or magic drinks that yield a particular gender. It never comes down to one thing like that (if it did, those clever old wives would have had it figured out a long time ago)

It is your diet, lifestyle, overall health and fertility plus that of your husband and some of us are just better able to shake off things that lower our overall condition than others are.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this discussion has spanned years, and I'm new to the boards and figuring all this stuff out, so there might be more information in other forums (I found this on the public index post). But it seems to me that the science behind sometimes conceiving girls after a night of binge drinking might have to do with blood sugar levels. Alcohol can have serious effects on blood sugar, both immediately and for hours after.

From Medicinenet.com: Alcohol and Nutrition
    Alcohol can also negatively impact blood sugar levels each time that it is consumed, regardless of the frequency of consumption. Research has shown that acute consumption increases insulin secretion, causing low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), and can also impair the hormonal response that would normally rectify the low blood sugar. Drinking as little as 2 ounces of alcohol on an empty stomach can lead to very low blood sugar levels.
    From the American Diabetes Association:
    American Diabetes Association: Alcohol
    Alcohol can cause hypoglycemia shortly after drinking and for up to 24 hours after drinking. If you are going to drink alcohol, check your blood glucose before you drink while you drink and for up to 24 hours.
    So if you're already limiting your glucose levels, adding alcohol might drop you lower (and obviously you should be very careful not to make yourself sick).

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing! I agree about the binging and blood sugar but I did want to clarify that I do not recommend anything beyond MODERATE drinking 1-2 drinks per day as a sway tactic. The reason why we have delved into this as deeply as we have is partly curiosity and partly because some of the other sway sites were actually recommending drinking heavily as a BLUE tactic (because chronic overindulgence may raise estrogen levels) and that is just a terrible idea.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, I didn't mean to imply you were encouraging anything unsafe. I just thought that once the blood sugar connection was pointed out, this might become one of those things that got taken too far and for my own CYA purposes I should stress, like you said, that moderation is ok, extreme is dangerous

Oh and I also meant to note that for beer drinkers, beer and wine is less likely to have as much of this particular effect due to their more nutritious nature.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got that! NO worries at all!! I always appreciate anyone mentioning safety and ways we can better keep things in the "safe and sane" realm because boy howdy, some gals really do carry things too far at times.

Welcome to the site btw!

8. Likes Temerity liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always believed that alcohol, even in moderation, sways pink via its effect on blood sugar. The LE diet, skipping breakfast, endurance daily cardio etc all have negative impacts on blood sugar, too. And of course, higher blood sugar is linked to PCOS which sways blue. I have long wondered if higher than normal insulin sensitivity is a hidden factor that sways pink in many women.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ and also explains that group of women who can eat a lot and stay thin yet still have tons of boys

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my husband drinks almost every day (beer) and sometimes liquor mixed with juice or soda but thats not very often. i drink anywhere from 0 times a month - around 7 times. i was drinking rum the night i conceived my last son. im pretty sure i was drinking with another one of my boys as well.
    Patience brings power

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ^^^ and also explains that group of women who can eat a lot and stay thin yet still have tons of boys
    Would this be related to blood sugar levels then ladies? I have two boys. I have always been able to eat what I want and not put on excessive weight, though after DS2 I am at my lowest weight since my teens (have usually been 140lbs at 5'6 but am now 125lbs) My blood sugar has always been quite low but I'm just a bit confused by how it affects my sway attempt.
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know and do not have enough data to say for sure.

I think there are probably dozens if not hundreds of things that may sway. It can be hard to tease out one thing in isolation and look at it.

15. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast