Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic 6 days late for period

Hi Atomic, I’m reposting since your email said you couldn’t open my last post.

I’m 6 days late for my period and emailed my OB about provera and she did call it in for me.
    I was going to take CD35 (tomorrow morning) if you think I should. So then, I can take clomid 3-7 once my period starts.

I took clomid last cycle (my first, after miscarriage) days 5-7. And haven’t started back again. Today is cd34

Should I take the provera? Or wait for my cycle to start back. Does provera sway one way or the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you gone 14 days without having unprotected sex and have taken a pregnancy test? Not one or the other, BOTH.

If you have had unprotected sex within the last 14 days you could still be pregnant and it is just not registering on a pregnancy test. your ovulation may have been delayed and you could have conceived with later intercourse, just that it isn't registering on the test yet.

DO NOT take the Provera till it's been 14 days with no unprotected sex and a negative pregnancy test!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh okay, thank you! My OB did not tell me that. Yes, we’ve had unprotected sex. I got 2 positive opk tests ...one on cd 11 and one on cd19 so I assumed I ovulated cd 19...I got a completely negative opk test after cd20 and my cm changed to thicker. Could I still have ovulated late? Bummer, so I pretty much have to wait for cycle to start back then because we had unprotected sex on cd31 and cd25.

Would the clomid still sway if I ovulated that late?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AGH yes that could end a potential pregnancy. Please take my word on this, the doctor is in error here.

YES you still could have ovulated late. Absolutely. Your body can gear up to ovulate and then "decide" not to and your symptoms will still change, because your hormone levels change, and then you'll gear up to ovulate a while later.

And the Clomid would still sway.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for replying! I will not take the Provera unless you tell me it’s safe to do so
    I’ll take another pregnancy test tomorrow morning and I’ll continue testing and keep you posted.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Test was still negative this morning. The last time we had unprotected sex was fri Jan 12th and we will not again until I start.
    If I still haven’t started in 2 weeks from our last unprotected date, do you think it’s fine to then take the Provera?

Will the provera help or hurt my sway?

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if you get to 14 days after last unprotected sex and have taken a pregnancy test THAT DAY (do not rely on these older ones, you need to test that very day) then you can start the Provera that day.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you I will do that if my period doesn’t come naturally by the 26th.
    Do you know of any natural ways to start period?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenn, please hear me because I don't think you are understanding what has very, very, 99.99% likely occurred and I am extremely worried you are going to do something here that you may end up regretting unless you understand the following.

Your period has not come not because something is wrong or because your body is malfunctioning. Nothing is wrong. There is not a problem here to be fixed. Your period has not come because either you have not yet ovulated OR you DID ovulate, just later than you think, and you could possibly be pregnant because you had unprotected sex (and again, your doctor was very much in the wrong handing you over that Provera without explaining any of this to you - I mean like medical malpractice levels of wrong because taking Provera if you're pregnant CAN cause miscarriage).

If your period has not come because you have not yet ovulated you could do all the silly tricks in the world and your period would not come because hormonally your body is incapable of having a period. So doing "natural ways to bring on period" will do absolutely NOTHING and very well may end up delaying ovulation MORE.

If your period has not come because you ovulated later than you think and have conceived and are now pregnant and it's just not detectable yet by the pregnancy test, doing a "natural way to bring on period" could be DISASTROUS for a developing pregnancy. Most of the natural things to bring on your period are actively harmful to a baby and when they discuss them online, the majority of people are actually trying to induce a miscarriage it is just that no one talks about that because it's embarrassing or whatever. "Bring on a period" is shorthand for "I'm pregnant and I don't want to be". So then sometimes women who are TTC are tricked by these sites into ingesting things that are harmful thinking that it is ok to bring on their periods when the actual goals of most of the people doing that are to have an easy DIY abortion.

I have seen several people, over my strenuous, strenuous objections, try "natural ways to start period" because they were SOOO convinced that they knew when they'd ovulated who then ended up pregnant anyway after doing these things. Then they had to sit in terror worried first that they'd caused themselves to miscarry and then worry the entire pregnancy that they could have caused harm to their unborn baby. So I really need you to understand what is actually happening with your cycle here.

If you ovulated, your period will come. If you didn't ovulate, your period cannot come. It's that simple. Nothing you do or take will make your period come if you didn't ovulate OR if you did ovulate (without inducing an early abortion, that is) because your body gets its period because of hormonal stuff going on.

The only safe things to ever do are having sex with female O and possibly spicy foods with garlic. But at best that can make your period start a few hours sooner or a day sooner (MAYBE and even that is sketchy). The safe things cannot make your period come if you didn't ovulate or make it come any sooner even if you did because it's all hormonal and until your hormones change and progesterone and estrogen drop 12-14 days after O, you will not get your period.

The Provera works differently. The Provera "tricks" your body because it's progesterone, into thinking it is in the 2WW, and then when the progesterone is stopped, your body will slough off its lining because it thinks it is time to do that. "Natural ways" can't make that happen because they don't raise your progesterone to fool your body, and even if they could, all the same warnings would apply - if you haven't ovulated, you will very likely only delay it further, if you have ovulated and are pregnant, you will end the pregnancy by doing that.

I'm sorry if all this is overkill I am just highly concerned based on several people who blew me off after me telling them all this stuff who ended up with massive, massive regrets and I do not want you to proceed down this path based on not understanding the situation that is occurring.

10. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic 6 days late for period

Thank you so much Atomic for all this info! I do not think it’s overkill and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you informing me on all of this.
    I decided yesterday I was not going to take the provera and just pray and wait for God’s timing!

Well, I started my period this evening!! I did take 2 iron pills this morning and I haven’t been taking the iron...so maybe I was too anemic for my period to start?
    Anyway, I’m so excited! I’ll start the clomid on day 3-7 and today is day 1! Yay!

I’m also getting sick, cold/sore throat...is elderberry syrup and vita C packets okay for the LE diet? Or should I just use my essential oils and hope I get well before my fertile period?

Last edited by jenn1112; January 16th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast