Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Following just because I find these things interesting. I’m from a very girl heavy family, and so is my husband. We have two boys, not sure what our third will be. But it seems like we are ‘evening’ things out with our boys. My sister also recently had a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People don't "see" this when they look at a generation or two in isolation but it's just like tossing coins - there will be runs of boys or runs of girls and then people will take that to mean "we can't have a boy or girl" but if you look at a family like the Duggars, they have long runs of boys and girls that are longer than many of our entire families (even generations of our families) had! I mean 3 boys here, 3 boys there, the Duggars have 6 boys in a row and I think 5 girls in a row and they are the exact same people with the exact same genes!

In my extended family we had 6 boys and one girl and then all of a sudden had a big turnaround where we had several girls and then 2 boys, and then a third group all had BG pairs. (somewhere on here I counted this all up but I am running out of coffee mojo right now and my ability to count is all screwy!) We ended up with one more boy than girl overall.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Greydore liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wondered this very same thing, my husband is one of 3 boys, one of his moms, one boy from his dad and the two of them had him. His side of the family is very boy heavy as my DH dad is one of 4 boys and only one girl. My side of the family is pretty even! I only have one as of now that is a boy, but my lifestyle before having him was so very boy friendly!
    Atomic, I’m definitely going to take a look at those links you’ve posted!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I agree, it’s so interesting to look at really big families. Most have a mix with runs of boys or girls. Many people now simply don’t have enough kids to get an opposite, especially if you only have 2 kids like a lot of people do.

due August 2021!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Atomic I agree, it’s so interesting to look at really big families. Most have a mix with runs of boys or girls. Many people now simply don’t have enough kids to get an opposite, especially if you only have 2 kids like a lot of people do.

And even many generations of families don't even have that many kids between them!! A family that has 2 kids and then those kids have 2 kids each - well that tallies up to only be 6 kids!! The Duggars had a run that long of BG mixed, then of boys, then of girls, all the same parents! It doesn't mean that genetics are making this happen. Lifestyle and luck! I can't tell you the number of times people will say "my husband's family has not had a boy in 100 years" and I start talking to them about it and it is like 3 children born during that time (and then lots of other people who are not counted in the equation, everyone's cousins and stuff)

This is in one of the links I posted so sorry for repeating myself, but for those who didn't read the link (read the links though!) My husband's grandfather had a lot of boys (5 of 6) and his mom had a lot of brothers too, so then when we had a lot of boys, everyone kept saying "oh it's genetic, you just make boys, give up, etc" But if you looked at all the offspring of my husband's father's and mother's generation, they were all BG pairs! And then the offspring of all those BG pairs (our generation) was either BG themselves or all girls! We were literally the only family from this supposed boy making genome that had a lot of boys. It would have to have been one heck of a selective gene to have skipped over everyone in two generations to settle totally on us. But that's what people kept saying time after time - it's genes, it's unchangeable, you're destined to make boys. Well, nope, we got a girl in the end.

8. Likes netti02 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Read them Thanks!!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i find the make-up of really huge families so interesting they almost always end up with a pretty even split, i believe the Duggars have 10 of each!! (correct me if im wrong) and the UK's biggest family had their 20th child a few months ago and have 11 boys and 9 girls.
    pretty much halving the amount of children now!! but i went to school with someone who was one of 11, 6 boys and 5 girls. i know of 2 families of 8 who are both 4 boys 4 girls and a family of 9 who are 4 boys 5 girls.

i spent years believing i couldn't have/successfully carry a girl.. then i had 2 in a row!! but if i hadn't wanted a large family i never would of had any girls, getting both genders when you only have 2 or 3 kids really is down to luck i think.. especially when most of us are quite set in our ways lifestyle wise
    now 6blue5pink

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just adding a fun fact my DHs grandma had 5 daughters and those 5 daughters all only had boys! Crazy lol!
    Due a GIRL October 2018 after swaying pink! thank you so much genderdreaming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Must add they all have very similar life styles so I think that’s why! Also drink tea by the gallons (British as hell lol!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlswaylondon View Post
    Just adding a fun fact my DHs grandma had 5 daughters and those 5 daughters all only had boys! Crazy lol!
    My great-grandma had 6 girls in a row and then two boys and then all the girls went on to have gender mixed families or all boys. It really just doesn't run in the family the way people think of it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree ever since learning about le diet and life styles it really adds up when I look at baby genders!

17. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12