Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn1112 View Post
    Awesome! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Atomic, I’m only 5-6 days past ovulation but I’m already thinking I’m not pregnant
    This was my 7th round so far of clomid (4th for after miscarriage). It ended up being every other day 10-16 and positive opk on day 13 (did not have sex that night)—I wanted to but hubby could not.

I’m now so scared thinking it’s from taking the clomid? Is my body damaged from the miscarriage or too thin of lining from so long on clomid? I’m going for my day 21 blood draw Wednesday and I’m wondering if I should do an 8th round of clomid?
    I feel like with every other day I should have gotten pregnant, right?

I’ve gotten pregnant the first time we tried with all 3 boys, now I’m terrified that I’m never going to get pregnant again

If you think I should do clomid, what’s the best way to get pregnant? SMEP starting on day 10? My husband can’t have sex too much in a row so I’m worried he’ll get burned out and can’t perform when it’s +OPK again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't damage your body in the long term from taking Clomid. While Clomid can lower odds of conception by affecting the lining and your EWCM, all you have to do is stop taking the Clomid and it fixes itself.

NO, every other day does not automatically get you pregnant. In fact I don't even like it for getting people pregnant because it's often enough so DH can sometimes have performance trouble and at the same time it's entirely possible to end up with attempts on O-4 (too early), O-2, and O Day (often too late). This is one attempt! Plus, it takes fully fertile people doing nothing to sway, an average of 3-6 months to fall pregnant. If in the past you have gotten pregnant more quickly, that was just good fortune and not a guarantee that you will always do that and it doesn't mean something is wrong when it doesn't happen. Some months just aren't THE month, and while everyone assumes it was something they did or didn't do, the fact is, it's just sometimes not the month and something was wrong with the sperm or the egg or the way they combine or they just didn't happen to find each other in time.

So, given all that I think your best bet is NOT SMEP since hubby will not be able to manage it, but good old e4d plus one at pos OPK. It's good chances of conception because you're always in with 2 attempts in fertile window and pos OPK is usually a good shot of conception, it's easier for hubbies to manage since most of the attempts are further apart, so he wont exhaust himself doing EOD during times in the cycle when it doesn't even count, and will hopefully be able to get in with 2 attempts when it does count. And because you start this before you think you can conceive and keep going after ovulation you are also covered in case of early or late ovulation.

It is totally fine to take a month off Clomid now. We have a lot of people who take a month off and get pregnant in that month off (with girls!) It may just be that you need a break and this will help you conceive. I also want you eating a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it and red meat if you don't, every week. We need to be sure you have enough raw materials to make estrogen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Likes pretty white gold liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another round of clomid-Atomic need advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You can't damage your body in the long term from taking Clomid. While Clomid can lower odds of conception by affecting the lining and your EWCM, all you have to do is stop taking the Clomid and it fixes itself.

NO, every other day does not automatically get you pregnant. In fact I don't even like it for getting people pregnant because it's often enough so DH can sometimes have performance trouble and at the same time it's entirely possible to end up with attempts on O-4 (too early), O-2, and O Day (often too late). This is one attempt! Plus, it takes fully fertile people doing nothing to sway, an average of 3-6 months to fall pregnant. If in the past you have gotten pregnant more quickly, that was just good fortune and not a guarantee that you will always do that and it doesn't mean something is wrong when it doesn't happen. Some months just aren't THE month, and while everyone assumes it was something they did or didn't do, the fact is, it's just sometimes not the month and something was wrong with the sperm or the egg or the way they combine or they just didn't happen to find each other in time.

So, given all that I think your best bet is NOT SMEP since hubby will not be able to manage it, but good old e4d plus one at pos OPK. It's good chances of conception because you're always in with 2 attempts in fertile window and pos OPK is usually a good shot of conception, it's easier for hubbies to manage since most of the attempts are further apart, so he wont exhaust himself doing EOD during times in the cycle when it doesn't even count, and will hopefully be able to get in with 2 attempts when it does count. And because you start this before you think you can conceive and keep going after ovulation you are also covered in case of early or late ovulation.

It is totally fine to take a month off Clomid now. We have a lot of people who take a month off and get pregnant in that month off (with girls!) It may just be that you need a break and this will help you conceive. I also want you eating a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it and red meat if you don't, every week. We need to be sure you have enough raw materials to make estrogen.
    Thank you so much! I think my problem in the past with E4d plus +opk was that my opks never go fully positive and clear blue only did flashing highs. That’s why I ended up with every other day, I kept thinking it was maybe positive (then when it was actually pretty close to positive, hubby couldn’t preform :/ so we did it the next morning)
    Any opks you recommend on clomid?

I may get her to prescribe one more cycle of clomid, if she will, and maybe either take a break or use it one more cycle then go without. Do I start E4d the last pill of clomid day 7 or last day of period?

Should I give up fiber with my 2 meals? Or go to one a day?

Get my hubby to take OLE again?

I’ll add in Greek yogurt and eggs this time (our eggs are organic with added omegas....is that okay?)

Oh and should I add pressed, or the expectorant if I do clomid again? I’ve had little to no CM

Last edited by jenn1112; April 3rd, 2018 at 01:17 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All right, in that case then please just make your best guess and in the week where you think "THIS IS IT!" have another attempt sometime between the e4d attempts. Don't bother with the OPK if they're not working for you, but if you're seeing signs and symptoms of O being close, keep going with e4d and then have one more attempt during the two e4d attempts. And then if it happens the next e4d period that you are still not sure if you're going to ovulate, then have another attempt again. There is no magic to the pattern so please don't get hung up on it, the entire point is that you are in with two attempts instead of just one in the fertile window and are leaving it somewhat up to luck so don't get too hung up on a particualr set of days or pattern.

When using Clomid start e4d the last day of Clomid (or day after) but if not on Clomid start the last day of period

Yes ditch fiber

Hubby can take OLE if you want him to.

yes eat yogurt and eggs! No worries about the omegas.

I would pick either Preseed OR guaifenesin, not both. Follow your gut instinct...if you feel like you are dry up inside too, then do guaifenesin. If you think this is more an issue of sperm not making it up to cervix, Preseed may be better.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

All right, in that case then please just make your best guess and in the week where you think "THIS IS IT!" have another attempt sometime between the e4d attempts. Don't bother with the OPK if they're not working for you, but if you're seeing signs and symptoms of O being close, keep going with e4d and then have one more attempt during the two e4d attempts. And then if it happens the next e4d period that you are still not sure if you're going to ovulate, then have another attempt again. There is no magic to the pattern so please don't get hung up on it, the entire point is that you are in with two attempts instead of just one in the fertile window and are leaving it somewhat up to luck so don't get too hung up on a particualr set of days or pattern.

When using Clomid start e4d the last day of Clomid (or day after) but if not on Clomid start the last day of period

Yes ditch fiber

Hubby can take OLE if you want him to.

yes eat yogurt and eggs! No worries about the omegas.

I would pick either Preseed OR guaifenesin, not both. Follow your gut instinct...if you feel like you are dry up inside too, then do guaifenesin. If you think this is more an issue of sperm not making it up to cervix, Preseed may be better.
    Great info, thank you so much. I just got back from OB and she said she’d prescribe me one last round of clomid and then I need to just take a break from it. I asked her about increasing the dosage from 50 to 100 mg and she said I could try that if I wanted. She said she doesn’t normally increase if already ovulating on the lower dose, which I am. Do you think I should try the 100? Or maybe cut it in half for 50? My thought was that maybe 100 would make me ovulate a better egg or release 2 eggs and I’d have a better chance at fertilizing at least 1. My OB thinks it’s stress that’s keeping me from getting pregnant.

Edit:: my doctor just called in 100 mg for me but now I’m worried thinking that much might overstimulate or cause twins? Just wondering if I should stick with 50 mg and cut in half even though that hasn’t worked.
    I just read online that taking clomid for too long works like a birth control instead of helping (this will be my 5th this time—-is that too much?) do you know of anyone with success on their 5th round?

Last edited by jenn1112; April 4th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are def. more likely to conceive twins (or more) on 100. It's up to you what you want to do with that. Yes, it's generally frowned upon to up dose for women ovulating on 50 - some docs will do it and say they think it improves odds of conception, others will not and say it cuts odds of conception (by affecting lining and cervical mucus even more negatively). It's one of those things where I'd need a crystal ball to know for sure.

Yes, I know of many people who had success on 5th or even 6th month of Clomid. It's after the 6th month people generally take a break (although of late docs have been doing this after the 3rd or 4th month instead).

I am thinking for you to definitely use guaifenesin this month just to ensure you have some EWCM - thoughts?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are def. more likely to conceive twins (or more) on 100. It's up to you what you want to do with that. Yes, it's generally frowned upon to up dose for women ovulating on 50 - some docs will do it and say they think it improves odds of conception, others will not and say it cuts odds of conception (by affecting lining and cervical mucus even more negatively). It's one of those things where I'd need a crystal ball to know for sure.

Yes, I know of many people who had success on 5th or even 6th month of Clomid. It's after the 6th month people generally take a break (although of late docs have been doing this after the 3rd or 4th month instead).

I am thinking for you to definitely use guaifenesin this month just to ensure you have some EWCM - thoughts?

Okay thank you. I think I’m just going to take 50 mg this month and I’ll also take guaifenesin—-how much and when do I take it? Before each attempt?

Is clomid + guaifenesin more girl friendly than going without clomid and no guaifenesin? I know you can’t tell me for sure but I was just wondering your opinion.

I’m so worried that the clomid is affecting my lining...is there anything to boost the lining? Should I ask for an ultrasound to see how thick it is?
    Thanks again for all your help! So sorry for all the questions

Last edited by jenn1112; April 5th, 2018 at 08:40 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Start guaifenesin the day of your last Clomid dose and take up to 1200 mg (by this I mean you do not HAVE to take the full 1200, you can try less)daily through 3 days past ovulation.

Yeah sorry I honestly do not know what is more pink friendly - no Clomid or Clomid + guaifenesin. Just don't have that data.

The stuff you can do to "boost lining" usually does nothing or else sways blue (and you'd have to get it from a doctor anyway). I wouldn't bother with an ultrasound since by the point they can see the lining, it is too late to do anything about it anyway.

Be sure you're eating enough fat - full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon if you like it, red meat if you don;t.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Start guaifenesin the day of your last Clomid dose and take up to 1200 mg (by this I mean you do not HAVE to take the full 1200, you can try less)daily through 3 days past ovulation.

Yeah sorry I honestly do not know what is more pink friendly - no Clomid or Clomid + guaifenesin. Just don't have that data.

The stuff you can do to "boost lining" usually does nothing or else sways blue (and you'd have to get it from a doctor anyway). I wouldn't bother with an ultrasound since by the point they can see the lining, it is too late to do anything about it anyway.

Be sure you're eating enough fat - full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon if you like it, red meat if you don;t.
    Thank you. I’m so nervous about take the guaifenesin...do you have women who’ve had girls on clomid +guaifenesin? I know I just need to get pregnant though so that’s what matters. I’m just contemplating guaifenesin vs preseed.
    I’ve added in the eggs already and cut fiber.

My OB just emailed and said my progesterone is 25 which is good! But I’ve had 27 before and not been pregnant so I know that’s not a good predictor of pregnancy

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, of course, or I wouldn't recommend it.

I think guaifenesin is better at boosting odds of conception since it ups the level of fluids in your entire reproductive tract. It does no good to conceive and then be so dry up inside the tubes that the sperm can't find the egg or the bean can't make it to the uterus

That prog level is good and we know you have ovulated! FX for BFP this month!

12. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast