Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Jenn has been trying to conceive for a very long time. Thus my advice I give to her is for HER ONLY and should not be extrapolated to everyone else, certainly not anyone in their first month of trying when they are 28 years old. Most people who go to 2 attempts have been trying for a very long time and have been on diet a long time, and Clomid for at least 2 months.

I strongly urge anyone in their first month or even two of Clomid to stick with one attempt.
    Hi Atomic! I feel like we had way more than 2 attempts this month and now I’m freaking out a bit . It’s taken so long and this was my last round of clomid, and we had so much on the schedule around my day 14 that we did it a lot early on and then my opks messed up again and I wasn’t sure of ovulation (my clear blue never gives a peak so I just thought it wouldn’t and of course it finally did yesterday). Anyway this is probably hard to follow but I’m wondering if I just did a boy sway with my attempts, adding 1200 mg guaifenesin daily, big O, adding in eggs this month, and less alcohol (maybe 2-3 per week). Ugh I feel bummed just seeing it written down.

Sex on CD8, 9, CD11(AM), 12, CD 13 (got a peak in after lunch) sex was late 12:30AM so technically CD 14.
    I got scared and added the attempt last night (CD13 almost CD14) because attempt on day 11 was earlier.
    So that would be O-1, O-2, and O-3.

If I do get pregnant is this a high chance of boy? Regretting doing it so much but my husband has been unpredictable with attempts and being able to preform under pressure so I just went with it :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another round of clomid-Atomic need advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn1112 View Post
    Hi Atomic! I feel like we had way more than 2 attempts this month and now I’m freaking out a bit . It’s taken so long and this was my last round of clomid, and we had so much on the schedule around my day 14 that we did it a lot early on and then my opks messed up again and I wasn’t sure of ovulation (my clear blue never gives a peak so I just thought it wouldn’t and of course it finally did yesterday). Anyway this is probably hard to follow but I’m wondering if I just did a boy sway with my attempts, adding 1200 mg guaifenesin daily, big O, adding in eggs this month, and less alcohol (maybe 2-3 per week). Ugh I feel bummed just seeing it written down.

Sex on CD8, 9, CD11(AM), 12, CD 13 (got a peak in after lunch) sex was late 12:30AM so technically CD 14.
    I got scared and added the attempt last night (CD13 almost CD14) because attempt on day 11 was earlier.
    So that would be O-1, O-2, and O-3.

If I do get pregnant is this a high chance of boy? Regretting doing it so much but my husband has been unpredictable with attempts and being able to preform under pressure so I just went with it :/

I just took another wondfo Opk at 8:30 AM (cd14) and it’s positive again today and I have a lot of EWCM right now so maybe I won’t ovulate till late tonight so hopefully the cd11 attempt won’t count and it will just be 2 attempts? Cd12 and 13?

The guaifenesin worked almost too well...it was the most cm I think I’ve ever had from right after my period and still today day 14. So I didn’t take today

Last edited by jenn1112; April 25th, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have absolutely advised you to have more attempts since it's your last month on Clomid. What you did was fine.

I can't tell you how many attempts you had since we don't really know when you'll ovulate and if anything was left (or if that could still sway blue even if nothing was left over) We just don't have any way to know these things. What I can tell you is that you did the right thing having more attempts. Clomid is the best of the best tactic there is and I would have had you do exactly what you did.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have absolutely advised you to have more attempts since it's your last month on Clomid. What you did was fine.

I can't tell you how many attempts you had since we don't really know when you'll ovulate and if anything was left (or if that could still sway blue even if nothing was left over) We just don't have any way to know these things. What I can tell you is that you did the right thing having more attempts. Clomid is the best of the best tactic there is and I would have had you do exactly what you did.
    Thank you so much! You always make me feel better ❤️ positive my hubby couldn’t go again tonight but should I try for Thursday too then?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure absolutely! In fact please pick it up with every 4 days and continue this till you are 100% sure you've ovulated.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure absolutely! In fact please pick it up with every 4 days and continue this till you are 100% sure you've ovulated.
    Hi Atomic, I’m only 3 days past ovulation but I’m already thinking I’m not pregnant again
    My CM is very thick and sticky and cervix is hard and I know cm is supposed to be more watery and cervix soft if conceived right? My husband couldn’t make an attempt my day of ovulation and the attempt at +opk wasn’t great...I had to oral again to get him going and I’m thinking it killed all the Sperm. Ugh this is killing me not getting pregnant don’t know what is going on with my body.
    I made an appt for this next week with a fertility RE doctor. Is there anything I should ask him specifically about. I know my hubby won’t want to pay for ivf but do you think injectable fertility meds with maybe a shot to ovulate would help? Does that still sway girl like clomid?
    I do have one more 50 mg thing of clomid (since I didn’t take the 100 mg) but I was thinking of just taking a month off the clomid. Could it be keeping me from getting pregnant? My dr didn’t want to to take the clomid again but I do have one more round of it at the house but I was going to wait in case the fertility dr wanted me to do something different.

E4d even seems stressful for my hubby...early attempts are great but then it’s like too much stresss or something and can’t preform right when I feel it counts. Maybe if next month (should start on May9th) I could just do +opk and day after? Then he’ll be wanting it since I made him hold out.

Thanks for the help! J

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There will be no symptoms 3 days past ovulation. It is absolutely normal to have no CM and hard cervix at this part of the cycle and it is too early for pregnancy to be causing any change. The baby is floating free and not even attached to you at this point and so your body would not even know it's pregnant.

PLEASE leave your cervix alone now and forever because there is no information to be gleaned from it and you run the risk of introducing pathogens that can cause uterine infections.

Take a month off Clomid. Yes, over time it can make it harder to get pregnant and so you need a break anyway, plus,you'd need to be off of it for the visit with the RE. We don't know if injectibles also sway (and they won't, either, and will likely argue with you over the whole thing so don't even bother to ask)

Can you not just hold off the first couple attempts? The problem with what you're suggesting is that you're right back in the problem zone again of possibly having attempts too soon or too late and having everything riding on having attempt on the perfect day. If you were able to have sex 3-4 days before you think it will count, then pos OPK 2x, and then again in another 3-4 days then at least you'll be somewhat protected against early or late ovulation.

No, doing a little oral did not prevent conception.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There will be no symptoms 3 days past ovulation. It is absolutely normal to have no CM and hard cervix at this part of the cycle and it is too early for pregnancy to be causing any change. The baby is floating free and not even attached to you at this point and so your body would not even know it's pregnant.

PLEASE leave your cervix alone now and forever because there is no information to be gleaned from it and you run the risk of introducing pathogens that can cause uterine infections.

Take a month off Clomid. Yes, over time it can make it harder to get pregnant and so you need a break anyway, plus,you'd need to be off of it for the visit with the RE. We don't know if injectibles also sway (and they won't, either, and will likely argue with you over the whole thing so don't even bother to ask)

Can you not just hold off the first couple attempts? The problem with what you're suggesting is that you're right back in the problem zone again of possibly having attempts too soon or too late and having everything riding on having attempt on the perfect day. If you were able to have sex 3-4 days before you think it will count, then pos OPK 2x, and then again in another 3-4 days then at least you'll be somewhat protected against early or late ovulation.

No, doing a little oral did not prevent conception.
    Thank you this is all good to know. Yes, we can do that...so do you mean, E4d starting at day 10, 13, and then also at positive opk? My positive has been on day 13 the last few times so then do the next day also (day14?)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly that! That would be perfect if DH can stick to that.

10. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly that! That would be perfect if DH can stick to that.
    Yes, we can do that! Thank you! We’ve been starting on day 5 and it’s just ended up being stressful by the end with our busy schedule!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast