Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic to answer your question I am only certain of ds2 as I was charting at the time and remember the conception date clearly as I got a bfp the day before I was going to a wedding.

My dd could have only been 3 days possible that I believe conception could have happened. We only dtd on one occasion so I'm guessing I ovulated within the next few days after that. I knew my lmp so worked out we had dtd on cd12. I tried all four days (cd12, 13, 14 and 15) and all said girl.

My ds1 I had to guesstimate but again did a one week window in which I believe is the only possible week I could have concieved. My ds1's due date was exactly one week before dd's so I just guessed conception happened a week or so prior. The earliest possible day I believe it could have been (which is too early but for the sake of being thorough) did just come up girl but everyday thereafter for the next 10 days (which is far more likely for conception) said boy.

Like I said, I don't believe in any of these calculators by calendar, moons, chinese, and now this biorhythms thing but it is the first time I *believe* its been accurate I just hope no one put any stock in it or any other gender prediction methods. The only prediction method I believe has any accuracy is the nub theory and even that's not 100%.

DS 2012 DS 2014
    After 3 losses had DD 2018
    Last edited by Pbn3; April 4th, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Serious question, ladies - how do you guys know when you conceived? Did you guys really track all your conceptions to the day? You're so organized LOL!
    I've been tracking my cycles on fertility friend for the past 7 years. Before that I just used paper and pencil. My cycles have been somewhat irregular for years so I found it really helpful to track them! Plus we'd been using it for natural family planning purposes for years!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so because I have absolutely nothing better to do I have posted this test in a bunch of different baby groups and done the stats...

I have received 166 responses and of these 166 the biorhythms predicted the baby gender correctly 106 times and were incorrect 60 times... so that's a 64% success rate. I was thinking that getting more responses would even it out more to 50/50 but it hasn't seemed to.

It's funny because I've noticed a trend where it seems to either be right for all the children from the same family or wrong for all. Heaps of mummas said it was correct for all 3,4 or even more children.

Although people may be a day or two off with conception date it won't necessarily make that much of a difference because it kind of runs in cycles, so unless you hit a critical day where the cycle changes being a day or so off on conception day might not make or break it...

I know it seems ridiculous and I really don't want to believe that there is any merit (I don't want anything else to think about on top of my sway) but I can't help but wonder a bit. It was right for my two kids, for all my mums kids and for my best friends 3 kids....I think if I don't incorporate it somehow and my sway then fails I might wonder!! I'm being ridiculous aren't I????

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting, this has been the most accurate for me and my kids, but really, it would be quite difficult to incorporate in a sway since we can't really control what day we ovulate on.
    DS1 - probably boy
    DS2 - Def Girl - wrong
    DS3 - Def Boy
    DS4 - probably boy
    DS5 - probably boy - partially correct was GGB triplets
    DS6 - Def Boy

So wrong on one and partially wrong on another and I know because I have been charting since 2003.
    me (42 ) DH (43)
    1995 (gave up for adoption)
    2005 2010 2013 (failed IG sway) July 2015 (swayed, lost his triplet siblings at 11w3d) 2017.

Swayed for our but had all . Our family is complete.

My Ovulation Chart

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is obviously BS to me but I understand it's hard to give up on things when they get in your head. After all, I KNEW that dairy and calcium could not possibly be swaying pink since I'd always had tons of dairy and was actually taking calcium with my 3rd son, but then when I was swaying for my 4th, I took even MORE calcium LOL (and did indeed get a 4th boy).

I think Shann hits the nail on the head when she points out you can't control when you ovulate anyway. So whether it's ridiculous or not, it is not possible to really incorporate it into a sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Mommy2apples, ksmom liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodles1987 View Post
    Ok so because I have absolutely nothing better to do I have posted this test in a bunch of different baby groups and done the stats...

I have received 166 responses and of these 166 the biorhythms predicted the baby gender correctly 106 times and were incorrect 60 times... so that's a 64% success rate. I was thinking that getting more responses would even it out more to 50/50 but it hasn't seemed to.

It's funny because I've noticed a trend where it seems to either be right for all the children from the same family or wrong for all. Heaps of mummas said it was correct for all 3,4 or even more children.

Although people may be a day or two off with conception date it won't necessarily make that much of a difference because it kind of runs in cycles, so unless you hit a critical day where the cycle changes being a day or so off on conception day might not make or break it...

I know it seems ridiculous and I really don't want to believe that there is any merit (I don't want anything else to think about on top of my sway) but I can't help but wonder a bit. It was right for my two kids, for all my mums kids and for my best friends 3 kids....I think if I don't incorporate it somehow and my sway then fails I might wonder!! I'm being ridiculous aren't I????
    The locus of control is going to be inaccurate though. There is no way to verify that 166 women were all accurately tracking their ovulations, nor do I even believe their claims*

I cannot stress enough that biorhythms are NOT a gender thing. The guy who made them was NOT saying when ovulation was or when people would get a girl or boy. He literally made up a concept to compete with Freud, and someone a century later saw the charts and went, "I'm going to say this blue line means conceiving a boy and this red line means girl."
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; April 5th, 2018 at 03:33 PM.

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes ksmom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    The locus of control is going to be inaccurate though. There is no way to verify that 166 women were all accurately tracking their ovulations, nor do I even believe

I cannot stress enough that biorhytms are NOT a gender thing. The guy who made them was NOT saying when ovulation was or when people would get a girl or boy. He literally made up a concept to compete with Freud, and someone a century later saw the charts and went, "I'm going to say this blue line means conceiving a boy and this red line means girl."

It is like layer of random on top of layer of random.

Step 1 - randomly picking out the number "28" as "female" governing emotion because all women have 28 day cycles (when that is not even true) and then randomly picking out the other numbers based on...what? no one knows

Step 2 - all these other people randomly adding things to the biorhythms calendars in order to sell their own book or calendar in the 100 years that this has been a thing and we know it because at least 134 studies have been done on them and never found that biorhythms work in any way for predicting good moods, luck, or life success.

Step 3 - someone randomly deciding "this line means you'll have a boy and this line means a girl" based on nothing

Step 4 - women randomly deciding "this was the day I conceived on" when most people don't know that

It's SO random, it's like rolling a die to flip a coin to spin a roulette wheel to buy a lottery ticket. It just can't work. If it COULD work, all the additional layers of random would make it work WORSE, not better. The fact that it seems to work in our little sample here makes it look even more like random chance to me. The sample would have to either work or not work - there's no in between, it's just luck.

Sometimes I truly think "ya know, if the Devil or some other dark supernatural force really wanted to mess with people's heads, s/he would make things that are totally random seem to appear in patterns just because s/he's an ass like that."

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodles1987 View Post

All right, just because I think you want to be talked out of this...

How do you know that the people who responded to the polls didn't just put in the dates till their answer came back correct? I have seen people do this, on numerous occasions...they get the wrong answer and then think "well, I must have ovulated on this day, then" and do it till the calendar comes out right.

You also have to take into account the number of people who didn't bother replying. I can see some people starting to do something like this and then they get one wrong and think "oh what am I doing here, this is nonsense, I have better things to do" and never bother to post. Whereas someone who gets one right, then another, then another - it would be like hitting a slot machine, exciting, and they may be more willing to finish entering all their kids' data and post about it. And people who had all their kids wrong may also be highly motivated to post. But people who get 2 wrong and 1 right may not even bother. I can see this potentially skewing responses in exactly the way you describe.

I have seen peopel do that though. They fiddle with their conception day till the calendar comes up correct and then forever after that's the day they conceived on (even tho they have no idea when they conceived!)

How does your mum even know what day she ovulated? That's the thing. Tracking cycles the way we do really has not been possible or certainly not normal up until the last 10-ish years or so. Even when I was having my first sons 26 years ago, while a very few "hippies" tracked cycles (using pad and paper) it was not a thing that people regularly did and it's just adding yet another layer of randomness and luck onto the top of all this and makes it seem very unlikely to me that this is a real finding, yk??

16. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, just wanted to share this person who BD on a "boy" day and got a girl! https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...iorhythms.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123