Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

planning our 3rd sway

hi

back again for the third time i have swayed pink twice before, first sway was successful (DD born october 2016) and second sway gave us an awesome opposite (DS born jan 2018)

planning to sway pink again but not too sure what i should be doing as last sway was an opposite and ive read that in that case you should switch some things mainly LE to pcos diet?

currently im 53.5kg with BMI of 20 so not a huge amount of weight to spare. (not pcos as far as im aware and not breastfeeding)

i didnt do exercise with either of my previous sways, but we've moved to a new area and now im walking the dog first thing every morning, i walk a circuit and it takes me around 50 mins, i hope this is ok? im not running or power-walking just normal pace.

diet wise im doing black coffee (4 cups a day) diet coke, 2 meals, no snacks and mainly vegetarian. (i have a small amount of chicken once a week and white fish once a week but can drop these if needed and can add eggs if needed) ive stayed away from sugary foods which i did use previously on LE such as pop tarts and snack-a-jacks etc.. and switched white rice to brown rice, pasta to whole wheat pasta and white bread/pitta's to whole grain.

dinner times are usually along the lines of a pitta/salad with some houmous, teatime is usually a jacket potato with a small amount of cheese and lots of salad (no dressing) with low-fat yoghurt or fruit for something sweet. totals around 1500cals 50g protein and 30-60g fat, no supps or medications just folic acid. happy to receive any advice on diet feeling a bit lost if im honest!!

at the moment i get up and do my walk on an empty stomach, should i eat when i get back (around 8am) or wait till dinner time? i have been waiting just having black coffee through the morning and eating around 11am then second meal at tea time 5pm(ish) but with exercise been a new thing this time round im not sure if im supposed to eat right after doing it?

attempts wise planning to do 1 attempt at positive opk, 1st sway (successful) was 1 attempt doing at home AI and second (opposite) we just dtd e4d, so im assuming sticking with just 1 attempt is probably the best way to go for us. unless its different advice after an opposite?

i hope im not completely on the wrong track but if i am im happy to change things only thing im not keen on doing is alcohol, i know it sways but ive never drank and dont feel comfortable taking up alcohol while ttc.

the exercise is a big change for me as is drinking so much coffee (was 1 a day last time, now 4) but other than that i feel like things are very similar to my last sway, im still willing to try though! and if we have another boy my youngest gets his "other shoe" to pair up with
    now 6blue5pink

2. Likes Verena liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey welcome back. Its so interesting to see how u swayed successful once and not the other- just shows no matter u do, nothing is 100%
    With your two sways did u notice you did something anything differently? What was your main sway tactics with successful girl, how long etc?
    From what ive read sounds like your doing the right stuff but nit sure if a failed sways affects anything so im sure others will advise you properly.

4. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and thankyou yes just because you have 1 sway work does not mean anything when you sway again!! same thing for if you have a failed sway, it does not mean that a future sway wont work, each time you're starting over from scratch.

the main difference between my 2 sways was how we conceived, my successful sway was 1 attempt done using AI where as our opposite came from dtd normally every 4 days through the month. so maybe in our case all the extra bd contributed.. who knows!!

my successful sway was over 12 weeks on the LE diet and 1 attempt, i was also not getting much sleep at the time which probably went in my favour for pink.
    now 6blue5pink

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True vice versa works too
    Sorry what does AI stand for?
    Interesting comment about sleep, didnt know that plays a part. I swayed pink with 1 attempt, hoping all is well and i can update after 9 months.
    Good luck with your next sway attempt, hope it goes your way xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you bump this for me? I'm sorry I want to give you my best effort!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic no worries im happy to wait, id really appreciate your advice if you get a spare moment but i dont want to be a drain on your time!!
    now 6blue5pink

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I really can't sign off on starting a sway diet so soon after having had a baby, may make it take longer for fertility to return.

yes I do want you on the alternate diet and I want you eating 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat, and 1800-2000 calories for now (or even up this more if you're breastfeeding - I know you're not 4 but just for those who are reading this). Like I said, I am not super thrilled with dieting this soon postpartum and this is verymuch true if you are nursing.

yes that's a very good level of exercise, if you can extend to 60 min even better but if you can't, 50 is still going to be enough.

when exercising in the morning you can eat before or after, just not both. Do whichever will work better for you. You don't have to eat if you can stand not to but I think weight will fly off if you don't eat at least something

You never know, though, it may not have been e4d that swayed blue for you, there's a huge element of luck in all this and you can flip a coin two times and have it come up heads one time and tails another time. Even if you were 70-30 set for girls it very well may have been it just didn't go your way this time and no need to change anything. Totally up to you if you want to try one attempt of course!

No worries on the alcohol.

The thing with swaying is, just like coin flips you really can do nothing any different and end up with a different result. Even if we were getting 90% success it would be the case that 10% of the time we'd still get an opposite! Good luck and pink dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou Atomic my periods are already back but if they disappear or go funny i know to ease off on diet and wait a while.
    our usual age gap is around 14 months which means i need to start now if im to build up the 12+weeks on diet, which i definitely want to do, im prepared to cut some sway tactics (alcohol bin one) but time on diet is something i want to stick too

so glad the exercise is ok!! i can do the walking no problem but i know if i had to start running or anything more high intensity id injure myself pretty much straight away :-/

agree completely on the coin flip, we have 1 boy and 1 girl from doing almost identical sways, i can use opk's (even though im not the biggest fan of them) so was thinking start out with 1 attempt and then switch back to e4d if nothing after 3-4 ttc cycles.

Thankyou again for your advice, i really appreciate it
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you lots of luck 4blue xx when are you planning to start ttc? We may be on the same timeframe I'm hoping for June.
    Proud Mum to two gorgeous boys
    2014 2016
    Swayed expecting beautiful DS3 due Feb 2019
    Dreaming of a in 2020

16. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kitten thankyou im looking at around June time to start too, building up my time on diet and exercise at the moment!! hows it all going for you? good luck and pink dust xx
    now 6blue5pink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast