Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Ahhhh YAY!!!!! I love it! That's so great!! And that's great that you have an explanation with the prednisone and not having symptoms! Totally makes sense. Seriously though - I think it's more common to have less symptoms with a boy than with a girl! And like I said the other day, I had a different severity of symptoms with each of my boys so ya just never know!

YAY YAY for heartbeat!! Do you have a new pic?? Did DH go with you? Is he getting pretty excited now?
    It's not though. I promise that it is not any more common to have less symptoms with a boy than a girl. Many of us on here who have had lots o boys had less symptoms with our girl than our boy. I had very few symptoms with 2nd boy and girl and then my other three pregnancies, all boys, were nightmares LOL. This is not to say I think Panther is having a girl or any such thing, it is that I don't want anyone to have false hope or false despair over symptoms and it really infuriates me when medical professionals say stuff like that because it causes heartbreak for so many of us. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes ABC.2606 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a beautiful sight! Thank you so much for posting!

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had lots of nausea in first trimester but not like my last pregnancies. As soon as I weaned off predisone...
    BAMMMMMM
    Hit like a ton of bricks! Deff helped the side effects!
    So happy to hear baby is doing well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Got a strong HB and measuring right on track, so things are progressing well. Midwife joked it's a boy too because of symptoms, but then said the prednisone I'm on is probably why I have no symptoms! She said it's what they even give women for HG when it doesn't respond to other meds! So now I have an explanation for why I'm virtually symptomless -- but also can't feel any pleasure from maybe less symptoms being because it's a boy I did have preg symptoms while on it during the brief TWW and pregnancy of the XYs, though... midwife said maybe because there were two I had more hormones that pushed beyond the pred, but my HCG never rose as high as I did with just this one at 15DPO AND I didn't start the pred until BFP this time and still hadn't felt anything versus that pregnancy I was on it even before transfer and felt more! So still head scratching!

At least there's a baby in there!
    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's not though. I promise that it is not any more common to have less symptoms with a boy than a girl. Many of us on here who have had lots o boys had less symptoms with our girl than our boy. I had very few symptoms with 2nd boy and girl and then my other three pregnancies, all boys, were nightmares LOL. This is not to say I think Panther is having a girl or any such thing, it is that I don't want anyone to have false hope or false despair over symptoms and it really infuriates me when medical professionals say stuff like that because it causes heartbreak for so many of us. :/
    When I mentioned I had symptoms with ALL my other pregnancies, she literally said, "Maybe they were all girls." I was like, "Er... yeah, I don't think so." lol, to be fair, she is not my normal midwife...

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    When I mentioned I had symptoms with ALL my other pregnancies, she literally said, "Maybe they were all girls." I was like, "Er... yeah, I don't think so." lol, to be fair, she is not my normal midwife...
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

atomic suffers an Indiana-Jones-style facemelt

They really have no idea how these offhand remarks affect people. :/

10. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was dead set DS2 was a girl. So was DH! From my lack of swaying and BD pattern and lifestyle, to the subchorionic hemorrhage, to a high HB and even having “more” symptoms than with DS1. I also succumbed to Ramzi and got girl guesses. I think nannr was the same way - team green and had girl guesses on everything too and ended up with a little boy. It’s so hard not to get caught up in the OWT, but I was in your boat and thoroughly convinced he was a she. And like you, early on had dreams about having a girl. It’s so tough! You’re not alone!

I always keep in mind people do a full on kitchen sink sway and STILL get opposites. That’s what gave me hope.

So happy you had a strong HB and measuring right on track!! I am sending all my blue dust and lucky vibes to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all so much! I'm feeling calmer in general about it all, and honestly am really feeling like I will go Team Green for this (which I know will kill everyone, haha). I don't trust myself if I find out it's a girl -- I need to just keep convincing myself she is/it is? Lol. And focus on this bring for DD, since she's so obsessed with babies and I am, at least right now, just happy to have made it this far pregnancy wise again.

@Mamabird and anyone else on prednisone: Did you find yourself super hungry? I know that's a side effect (I was on it as a kid, and it's actually part of how I became weight restored from my first bout of anorexia). It's hard for me to tell if I should resist how hungry I am since it's maybe just the drug, or if I should eat to fullness since it is maybe the pregnancy and I should listen?

I feel the most unexpected symptom of this pregnancy is how GOOD food is tasting... again,a reason why I was REALLY concerned for a second there! lol!

14. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eat to fullness even if it is the prednisone a little. I am a big believer in feeding pregnant women - I think your body needs it and many of us find we are super hungry in the first tri and then it tapers off over the pregnancy. I have always gained quite a bit and been hungry (even while nauseous! LOL) in the first trimester and then stopped gaining in the second.

16. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh no not at all, virtually all of us (myself included) know nothing about the process it's just that I happened to get interested in it, that's all! I find it so fascinating about how it all works and how some of the assumptions we all make (because I think it's just common sense that you'd O from each side, not the same side with twins!) aren't actually true in reality and it's some other thing entirelY! So fun to learn about!!!
    it is so interesting Atomic ive learned so much from this site!!

TP that midwife who said all your losses were girls is an idiot, after i lost my second baby (DD1) with no medical reasons for her death found, i had the consultant tell me "well maybe you just cant successfully carry girls, you can obviously conceive them but you might always lose them during the second half of the pregnancy" ARGH!! WHYYY!! why say that!!!! (he was wrong)
    i hope you are ok and im SO excited to see you leaning towards team green when is baby due?
    now 6blue5pink

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh I know we talked abut this before but that was just SO out of order!! There is literally NO medical evidence that that is even possible and I have talked to several people who were told that and went on to have a girl/boy.

20. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast