Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Late to the game here, but statistics of gender ratio is such a fascination of mine.

It DOES show the actual number of mixed families at 2-kid is ABOVE predicted amounts, so I don't know if that was mentioned somewhere else in the thread (since I skipped ahead to reply).

I'm one of three girls, and the entire generation of my maternal grandmother's family (so, my mom's generation on that side), had the following family dynamics: BG BG GG GGG GGG GGGG G (my immediate family is one of those GGG sets). Lots of girls; I have felt "doomed" to only ever have girls because of it (though now amongst this generation, the progeny so far is: GB B BB BB G (I'm the single G so far). One of those BB sets is a cousin who had IVF for both of her boys.

My husband, though, comes from a family of BBBG. All the Bs were conceived close together, and the first B was conceived after SIX years of infertility, failed IVF, etc. (back in the 70s).

Long story short: anecdotally, I feel I DO know many more mixed gender families than I do know same gender, even amongst my own family... it's just looking like, statistically, me and my generation of cousins were a huge anomaly?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nann3r View Post
    Yeah sodium in excess is not good what so ever for your body.. It's hard for me to use it at all really but I'm growing kind of addicted to saltier foods. I used to crave sweets and fruits. Now that I've cut a good chunk of sugars out just from doing more veggies and meats, I don't crave it like I used to. Weird.. But yeah I used to be dry as a bone down there! In fact I never wear underwear, I hate it.. But I was able to cuz I had little to no cm.. Now??? I may have to consider wearing underwear again!!! I do take both. I'd have to read the labels but I'm sure they're both 100% drv.. Is there one that is more boy friendly than the other? They're both generic as well. Kirkland brand for the multi and hyvee brand for the prenatal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sent you a friend request because you and I are in (or at least, I soon will be) in the same boat!! Good luck to you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Late to the game here, but statistics of gender ratio is such a fascination of mine.

It DOES show the actual number of mixed families at 2-kid is ABOVE predicted amounts, so I don't know if that was mentioned somewhere else in the thread (since I skipped ahead to reply).

I'm one of three girls, and the entire generation of my maternal grandmother's family (so, my mom's generation on that side), had the following family dynamics: BG BG GG GGG GGG GGGG G (my immediate family is one of those GGG sets). Lots of girls; I have felt "doomed" to only ever have girls because of it (though now amongst this generation, the progeny so far is: GB B BB BB G (I'm the single G so far). One of those BB sets is a cousin who had IVF for both of her boys.

My husband, though, comes from a family of BBBG. All the Bs were conceived close together, and the first B was conceived after SIX years of infertility, failed IVF, etc. (back in the 70s).

Long story short: anecdotally, I feel I DO know many more mixed gender families than I do know same gender, even amongst my own family... it's just looking like, statistically, me and my generation of cousins were a huge anomaly?!
    My grandma is one of 6 girls and 2 boys (the two boys were the youngest only after all the girls were born). In the following generations there were some families with all girls, some with all boys, some with blends. My husband's dad is one of 5 boys, 1 girl, and again it's been a blend in the successive generations. I know it's easy to go back and look for "genes" or whatever but it simply doesn't work that way. There are not "boy genes" or "girl genes". Genes are weirdly smart, and the smartest move for them to make is NOT to link themselves to one gender only, but to be flexible and stick with whatever gender offspring has the best chance of surviving to pass down genes in the future based on cues from the environment.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    My grandma is one of 6 girls and 2 boys (the two boys were the youngest only after all the girls were born). In the following generations there were some families with all girls, some with all boys, some with blends. My husband's dad is one of 5 boys, 1 girl, and again it's been a blend in the successive generations. I know it's easy to go back and look for "genes" or whatever but it simply doesn't work that way. There are not "boy genes" or "girl genes". Genes are weirdly smart, and the smartest move for them to make is NOT to link themselves to one gender only, but to be flexible and stick with whatever gender offspring has the best chance of surviving to pass down genes in the future based on cues from the environment.
    Oh yeah, I don't think it's necessarily a gene thing so much as me dealing with my own anxieties about it that make me feel "doomed" for only girls. It's just interesting statistically to note large families with same sexes all the way down, because most findings seem to point to that being pretty uncommon!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Oh yeah, I don't think it's necessarily a gene thing so much as me dealing with my own anxieties about it that make me feel "doomed" for only girls. It's just interesting statistically to note large families with same sexes all the way down, because most findings seem to point to that being pretty uncommon!
    Take this for what it is worth, but I have talked to probably 100K women over the years and you "talk like a boy mom" if that helps at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes pinkfairydust liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Take this for what it is worth, but I have talked to probably 100K women over the years and you "talk like a boy mom" if that helps at all.
    Hahah! Thank you -- this just put a smile on my face (and I've always FELT like a boy mom, hence all of my anxieties with having a girl first!).

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112