Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's exactly right, it's best not to take the multi-vitamin as high nutrients sway blue BUT you must take the folic acid! Just buy it separately and not bundled up in a multi-vitamin.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of my boys were surprises, too.

Those are very fascinating statistics!
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by annabel♥lee View Post
    My sister has a surprise girl. She had an IUD!!! Apparently, it had fallen out but she never noticed. This is actually her second girl - hate to say I was sooo jealous.

So, I have a question about the vitamins/nutrients. I haven't changed my diet a whole lot, but I did quit taking my multivitamin. I took it religiously when I concieved both boys. Hoping that NOT taking it will sway girl??? I'm a tiny bit concerned about the folic, though, because shouldn't we have folic before conception? My attempt was last night so I'm going to start my folic today in case I concieve. I hope that's OK...
    Yes, I agree about not taking the prenatal but you should def. take folic whether it sways pink, blue or plaid. You can continue taking it throughout your attempt even if you do not fall pg this month.

Please don't panic that you weren't taking it though, as long as you start taking it RIGHT NOW and maybe even take more like 800-1200 mg, that is fine. You do get some folic via fortified breads and pastas anyway.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; September 9th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Yes, that's exactly right, it's best not to take the multi-vitamin as high nutrients sway blue BUT you must take the folic acid! Just buy it separately and not bundled up in a multi-vitamin.
    Thank you Zana!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my fisrt 2 boys were both "suprises" and i was 19 when i got pregnant with my DS1 (but both times missed/late taking my pills,) but Ds3 was planned and changed my diet but out popped another boy lol!!

6. Thanks oxox2013 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome boys boys boys!

Some of us are just blue-makin' mamas! Takes us a little longer to join team pink but it will happen for all of us over time. Swaying is just a way to hopefully speed that process up so none of us have to "duggar it out."

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For 2-Children Families

All Boys - the real number was 25.8% (25.0% Predicted)
    Mixed genders - 52.2% Actual (50.0% Predicted)
    All Girls 22.0% Actual (25.0% Predicted)
    Great statistic! I was actually wondering this the other day, and made up a list of people i know that had a DS first, and what their second one was (i specifically looked at those that had a DS first, and ONLY have 2 children)
    Out of the 10 people i personally know that had a DS first - 2 had another BOY as their second, whilst 8 had a Girl.
    I take it with a grain of salt as i know that it doesn't definitely mean anything, but i like to boost my confidence with such numbers.
    Mummy to DS10 who is the light of our world
    Swayed took us 8 cycle's and I'm finally

Please be a sticky little bean, we have wished and hoped for you for so long xo

Our family welcomed a in May 2013 and thats ok, we're head over heels in love with him and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons

January 2014 - A little surprise that went to heaven before we could meet

October 2014 - Officially swaying for one last little bundle and wishing and hoping its a pink one

April 2015 - All our dreams have miraculously come true, our sway worked and our family will be complete with the little girl joining us in October this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is very interesting thread! Although I did have two suprise boys (both were pull-outs, and really, not to be TMI, but I really, really did not suspect FOUL PLAY at all in either case!) I think for us my boy friendly diet and moderate excerise won out on the possible low-ish sperm count from the pull-out.

Also, my sister's only girl concieved (she had 4 boys after) was an opps with the condom on their honeymoon!
    Last edited by auroara78; March 2nd, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    A lot of people get same or mixed genders because of diet change..... my ob dr is doing a little research based on his 18 years in the OB/GYN bis! I don't know all the % and facts yet, I will update when I know.

1. Most surprise and teen pregs are girls. Because when people want to get pregnant they tend to eat healthier which results in a boy.

2. People who are treating vitamin issues (like me A/E/Iron/D) and have a surprise preg have a 90% chance at a boy.

3. People who are breastfeeding and conceive have a better chance for a girl because the nutri goes to the breastmilk first and then to the mom/baby oven. The earlier you get pregnant the higher the odds, nurser 0-6mths you have a 90% chance at a girl, 6-12mths it is about 70% chance a girl, 12-24mths 40% chance at a girl.

4. People who are "planning" on a 2nd or 3rd or whatever # will change their diet to prepare for a new baby... loosing a ton of weight from the other/s pregnancies or eating a balanced diet. All this will affect the outcome of the gender. One lady resently had a son after 9 girls because the dr told her to gain weight she was under weight.

I have been trying to look at the families lifestyle and comparing it with the swaying facts... a lot is so true about diet, vitamins, herbs, and activities.
    I'm sorry I don't understand the breastfeeding part. 40% chance of a girl if you are still breastfeeding when the child is 12-24 months old? That means that it is a bigger chance of a boy? Or how do you mean? I know this thread is old but I'm really curious since I am still bf my 20 months old dd.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    I'm sorry I don't understand the breastfeeding part. 40% chance of a girl if you are still breastfeeding when the child is 12-24 months old? That means that it is a bigger chance of a boy? Or how do you mean? I know this thread is old but I'm really curious since I am still bf my 20 months old dd.
    This is just speculation from one person's doctor based on his personal experiences. Please don't read too much into it - while it's def. interesting and I'd love to have more observations like that from everyone's OBGYNs, we don't know how accurate it really is and why...we'd need blind side by side studies to really know for sure.

We've done tons of polls (not sure we ever did one on this site, but on IG we did several times) and people were all over the boards with BF and conception. I do think it sways pink because of biological reasons - lowers blood sugar and def. uses nutrients - but it's no magic bullet, that's for sure. Many BF have huge appetites and eat so much that they easily overcome any natural sway that BF offers and others find it impossible to lose weight while BF. Personally, my body has no qualms on shutting off breastmilk if I don't eat enough so I know for a fact that it's not always true that the nutrients go first to the breastmilk.

FWIW I conceived a boy while BF an 11 month old, and then a girl while BF a 23 month old!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast