Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally found this thread! Yay!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    Amazing! So I am statistically more likely to get a girl next time. Still too scared to try naturally at this stage!
    No hun, that's not what those numbers mean. It means across the entire population that is what the statistical average is. It says NOTHING about what your personal chances of a girl would be. You may be more likely to have a girl or you may be more likely to have a boy. You can't extrapolate those numbers t you as an individual.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Odds of having boys, girls, mixed gender family- old statistics thread by lindi

I am not a mathematician but I do believe that the probability of having a girl can be determined based on those statistics? Maybe that is what 1+2+3 boys meant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2boysJustOneGirl; October 8th, 2014 at 05:41 PM.
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysJustOneGirl View Post
    I am not a mathematician but I do believe that the probability of having a girl can be determined based on those statistics? Maybe that is what 1+2+3 boys meant?

No, they can't be determined by those numbers, because some of those people may have (just pulling numbers out of thin air) 100% chance of a girl, some may have 0% chance of a girl. Across the entire population, it's just the general average but it doesn't mean that everyone has the same odds.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true, there are too many variables to consider.

2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been told several times that since I have two girls my chances of having another girl is very high and I most likely will have a third girl. I don't know how many people have told me my third WILL be a girl. I have even had psychics tell me this. SO reading this am I more likely to have a boy then a girl or am I reading this wrong?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes M, according to research the odds of having a boy go UP over time and that is at least in part because there is ALWAYS a slightly higher chance of a boy than a girl. Depending on the country you live in, there are anywhere from 102-107 boys conceived for every 100 girls. (average about 51/52%/48/49%)

So in order to have girl after girl, you have to in essence "beat the odds" (even if only just a little) several times in a row.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No, they can't be determined by those numbers, because some of those people may have (just pulling numbers out of thin air) 100% chance of a girl, some may have 0% chance of a girl. Across the entire population, it's just the general average but it doesn't mean that everyone has the same odds.
    I think I am starting to understand. I know these stats do not really mean anything for someone personally but I think people still like to know 'their' chances. If you put 10 pregnant women in a room who all have two boys then most should have a girl next but it is impossible to tell tell which one(s). That probably still is not right either, never mind lol. I am just starting to think about swaying again instead of HT and I like to think my chances of a girl this time are higher since my boys were conceived when my life was a natural big boy sway and now it is in the middle but I plan to tilt the odds more and that the girl sways on this forum are in the 70%s. I know it is impossible to come up with your personal percentage chance at the other gender though. I like the heads and tails comment. A tail has to come up sooner or later!
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So in my close family i am the only one with all of the same gender. My mother had GBGG, my sisters and brother had mixed genders. (oldest sis, BGB, brother, BGGB and my other sis BBGGB). My paternal grandparents had 3 boys, maternal grandparents had BGB.I am my fathers only child- a girl. Now his brother also had one child-a girl. Now my MIL also had 3 boys, and my BIL and his wife have 2 children-GB. I can't help that feel as though my all of the same genders are hereditary. I look at these statistics and think tails surely has to come up next doesn't it? lol...
    (2007) (2011) (2014) (2017)

Praying for GS to come to Australia for a little pink bundle!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    I think I am starting to understand. I know these stats do not really mean anything for someone personally but I think people still like to know 'their' chances. If you put 10 pregnant women in a room who all have two boys then most should have a girl next but it is impossible to tell tell which one(s). That probably still is not right either, never mind lol. I am just starting to think about swaying again instead of HT and I like to think my chances of a girl this time are higher since my boys were conceived when my life was a natural big boy sway and now it is in the middle but I plan to tilt the odds more and that the girl sways on this forum are in the 70%s. I know it is impossible to come up with your personal percentage chance at the other gender though. I like the heads and tails comment. A tail has to come up sooner or later!
    Look at the overall success rates for this site with swaying and NOT the general population.

Gender ratio is NOT a coin flip. It is happening for biological reasons and so you have to put the idea of coin flips to the back of your mind. I just cringe when I see anyone assume because they have 2,3,4 boys already, that they're somehow guaranteed a girl next. You could be one of these people The Arndt Family and there are also people with many daughters as well. So if you put several of those families in a room, and average that out, you could easily get 50-50 odds or nearly so but it is obvious a family with 14 kids and only one of them a girl does NOT have 50-50 odds at girls and boys, you know?? The results of the population say NOTHING about what you the individuals chances are.

11. Thanks Dreamofpink thanked for this post
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast