Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

swaying pink by eating acidic food, but I feel the way I eat might sway blue?

I am a petite girl with lots of appetite in general. Since I hit puberty I developed an intense love with food and cuisines. Even when before I had my son, I was obsessed with healthy food and the world of culinary. Life wasn't complete with a variety of food shoved into my mouth. Not till I found the IG site and GenderDreaming site, I learned that pink swayers shouldn't eat much at all, and if can avoid 'nutritious' food that sways blue.

I am now shoving myself eating acidic food such as pasta, rice, bread, diet coke, chicken, fish, and avoid vegies/fruits, or anything that's alkaline, but I am a big eater in general and cannot have meals just for the sake of 'filling in my tummy', in other words, I am a keen eater and must eat big portions, enjoy desserts, drinks (now mostly milk and cranberry juice), and won't let myself starving throughout the day, i need to have a balance meal time everyday... and that sounds like I'm too well nourished!

So by eating off acidic food alone despite your eating style, would that still favour for pink conception even if you're a foodie?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You sound like me! I am struggling too and totally changed my diet. I am small too but a huge eater and snacker. It all depends on what you want/are willing to do. Any change is a little bit of a change I think, it all depends on how "hard" you want to sway. I changed completely to the LE diet, but have stopped quite a few times to gain weight or cheat. And I am not happy on it so I don't know how long it will last. I also eat quite a lot more veggies and fruits on it than a lot of others do. But I have stopped snacking and I have stopped things like chicken, fish, spelt products, nuts, greek yogurts, really most of the yummy foods I want to be eating. I eat things I normally wouldn't be eating like white mini bagels, white matzo, lots of plain foods. I will give it a go for a few more months. good luck with what you choose!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you'll be eating acidifying foods, not acidic ones. Pasta and rice are considered to be quite neutral and blue swayers can eat those too, so you have to watch your portion size sometimes as eating too much might take you over your limits.

I do think what you eat sways, but I also think it's how you eat it too. I do think it's important not to constantly eat because the blood glucose will then favour blue (skipping breakfast and not snacking means your insulin levels can drop during the day), and I did still eat quite a bit of veg but limited it to the allowed ones (green beans, mushrooms, courgettes, leek, cooked tomatoes, etc) and had other more nutritious veg just occasionally.

the diet isn't easy if you enjoy your food (as most blue-mums do!), but I found I reminded myself that I might want XYZ, but I want a little girl more! it made it easier to say no to food and even to go hungry at times.

any change will change your odds a little bit, it just depends on what you can live with (both now, and long-term... i.e. if you got a BFP would you wish you'd tried harder?)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like you are eating a lot. That does not sway pink. You are eating lots of calories and lots of carbs that simply turn into sugar. Not good for swaying pink.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually don't think eating a lot of acidifying foods is necessary as we can create an acidic environment artificially with acid gels and baby aspirin and by adding some aspartame to the diet (I think the diet coke is good!).

If you're eating a lot of those foods then your protein intake will be high and so will your blood sugar levels and you won't be losing weight - and I agree that you are likely to be swaying blue.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think you are all right that I shouldn't be eating too much as that will sway blue and that's exactly how I got DS last time (didn't know i unintentionally swayed blue). These days I have avoided a lot of salt and potassium rich foods such as condiments, sauces, chili, and even fruits/veg as they are alkalinizing, hence I have only been eating a lot of rice, pasta and bread, chicken, cheese, and anything plain taste as well as milk and yogurt, and if I need to snack i would grab some rice crackers or anything that does not indicate high sodium intake. However, the way I eat is still very "blue" as I have to nearly constantly eat to avoid myself going to bed hungry (I tend to get hungry towards night time). I am still confused how I should schedule my meal time and how much portion I should take. In other words, I feel that I should let myself eat nearly "nothing" and let myself get hungry and let the blood sugar level drop?

Would you advise what I should do and can you help me fill out the blanks in my mind? For example as at today this is what I have eaten:

7.30 am Woke up
    9.30 am arrived at work. No breakfast yet.
    10.30 am first meal: Skim Coffee and a blueberry muffin. Filled me up nicely.

12.30-1pm Lunch time : what should I eat? or should I avoid to eat at this hour as it's still very close form the time of last meal?

1.30 - 5.30 pm: still at work - usually have nothing for afternon tea, if i am craving for something i'd reach for a chocolate.

6.30 pm: arrive back home and dinner time: what should I eat? should I eat something little only? I am afraid my tummy would be rumbling like crazy by the time it's midninght. I sleep quite late most days!!

11.30pm above: Bed time.

and can i drink a lot of water to combat my hunger pang if it comes?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to pop in and say sorry you are having a hard time on the girl diet. I am the complete opposite to you, i was unknowingly swaying girl with my lifestyle and diet when my DD was concieved, i would skip meals and eat lots bad foods without much fruit or veg. Now i am struggeling on the boy diet, have put on a lot of weight eating so much, but i hope it is worth it in the end. Changing our habbits is really hard, but if i can do it, so can you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of us skip breakfast and have lunch at around 12 (first meal of the day) then have 1 or 2 more meals for the rest of the day. I used to have dinner at around 4/5pm then a smaller meal/snack at around 9pm.

These are the daily allowances on the Low Everything diet:

Calories - 1500-1800
    Protein - around 40 grams
    Fat - between 25-60 grams of fat depending on caloric intake
    Sodium - 700-1000 mg
    2005 2007 2009 2012

9. Thanks Lelise13 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveychoc View Post
    I am a petite girl with lots of appetite in general. Since I hit puberty I developed an intense love with food and cuisines. Even when before I had my son, I was obsessed with healthy food and the world of culinary. Life wasn't complete with a variety of food shoved into my mouth. Not till I found the IG site and GenderDreaming site, I learned that pink swayers shouldn't eat much at all, and if can avoid 'nutritious' food that sways blue.

I am now shoving myself eating acidic food such as pasta, rice, bread, diet coke, chicken, fish, and avoid vegies/fruits, or anything that's alkaline, but I am a big eater in general and cannot have meals just for the sake of 'filling in my tummy', in other words, I am a keen eater and must eat big portions, enjoy desserts, drinks (now mostly milk and cranberry juice), and won't let myself starving throughout the day, i need to have a balance meal time everyday... and that sounds like I'm too well nourished!

So by eating off acidic food alone despite your eating style, would that still favour for pink conception even if you're a foodie?
    I think acidifying food does a big fat zero for swaying. Please read this essay from a doctor who is not selling anything (unlike all the acid-alkaline diet sites) Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense

If you eat a lot all day long, you're swaying BLUE. It doesn't matter what you're eating, there are no magic foods. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/scie...gic-foods.html

You MUST be limiting calories overall, protein, fat for your pink sway. Acid and alkaline is really irrelevant. Minerals are up to you, maybe they sway, maybe they don't. The guideline that my LE diet uses is 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 20-30% cals from fat and you need to be losing at least some weight.

Aside from all that, blood sugar is by far the best proven aspect of swaying (researchers in a lab have actually witnessed XX and XY fertilized eggs absorbing different levels of glucose and can tell them apart based on nothing other than the amount of glucose they absorb) and by eating all day every day, you never allow your blood sugar to drop at all. Low blood sugar = less glucose in CM = more girls conceived. Skipping breakfast, not snacking, allowing yourself to get hungry between meals, and not eating super huge meals that take forever to digest are all pretty important for your pink sway.

You might be surprised how much fun you can have on the LE Diet as a foodie tho. You have a lot of leeway in the kinds of meals you can eat and it's really a fun challenge to come up with meals you can enjoy for your sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveychoc View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think you are all right that I shouldn't be eating too much as that will sway blue and that's exactly how I got DS last time (didn't know i unintentionally swayed blue). These days I have avoided a lot of salt and potassium rich foods such as condiments, sauces, chili, and even fruits/veg as they are alkalinizing, hence I have only been eating a lot of rice, pasta and bread, chicken, cheese, and anything plain taste as well as milk and yogurt, and if I need to snack i would grab some rice crackers or anything that does not indicate high sodium intake. However, the way I eat is still very "blue" as I have to nearly constantly eat to avoid myself going to bed hungry (I tend to get hungry towards night time). I am still confused how I should schedule my meal time and how much portion I should take. In other words, I feel that I should let myself eat nearly "nothing" and let myself get hungry and let the blood sugar level drop?

Would you advise what I should do and can you help me fill out the blanks in my mind? For example as at today this is what I have eaten:

7.30 am Woke up
    9.30 am arrived at work. No breakfast yet.
    10.30 am first meal: Skim Coffee and a blueberry muffin. Filled me up nicely.

12.30-1pm Lunch time : what should I eat? or should I avoid to eat at this hour as it's still very close form the time of last meal?

1.30 - 5.30 pm: still at work - usually have nothing for afternon tea, if i am craving for something i'd reach for a chocolate.

6.30 pm: arrive back home and dinner time: what should I eat? should I eat something little only? I am afraid my tummy would be rumbling like crazy by the time it's midninght. I sleep quite late most days!!

11.30pm above: Bed time.

and can i drink a lot of water to combat my hunger pang if it comes?
    The downside of eating only white carbs is that you do get hungry again almost straight away (not only that but they also have very high levels of protein.). That's why I encourage people to include some fruits and veg that will help fill you up for very little calories - you can eat a lot more lettuce, even with some salad dressing, than you can blueberry muffins, wihtout getting a lot of cals, fat, and protein. Of course, you've been avoiding veg because you're worried they are alkalinizing but I agree with Zana, with supps, weight loss, and jellies, you don't NEED to worry about acid vs. alkaline.

Re potassium, please understand, you need 2500-3500 mg potassium every day just for your health. This amount of potassium does not sway blue and is the same level advised by the French Diet and IG as the minimum safe intake - if you drop below that level, you can actualy DIE. So please don't avoid foods based on their potassium content, you need some.

1st meal - coffee is fine. Instead of a blueberry muffin (unless you're craving one, in which case indulge!) how about a carton of yogurt with some blueberries or a banana or apple mixed in or on the side? You won't digest it as quickly as you would a muffin. It makes more sense to me to skip eating at 10:30 if you can, and have this at 12:30, but you have to do what you need to do to get thru the day.

When you eat the rest of your meals depends largely on how hungry you are and what you need to get thru the rest of the day. Then I would eat again at tea and postpone the third meal until after 8 or so, however late you need to push it so you can easily fall asleep. If you go light on the first meal, you'd have 1000+ calories for hte second two. It's not about depriving or torturing yourself at all, it's just that you need to find the timing that is best for you to pass the day without being miserable, but at the same time without eating every 15 minutes all day long.

In the Dream Members section there are tons of meal ideas and stuff so I won't bother listing them - you don't have to eat just one thing day in and day out anyway, it's better for you to change things up so you don't get bored and feel deprived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast