Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Egg Cycle Method -- gender selection -- anyone try this?

Somehow stumbled on this...anyone try her method?
    Interesting how the fertility expert doesn't believe it really works and that her positive results are probably coincidental (and funny how the doctor, Dr. Hershlag, is Oscar winner Natalie Portman's dad)

Selecting Your Baby's Gender?
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think anyone who pays her $350 needs to get a refund because it is a scam.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can't work because X and Y sperm do not have different electrical charges, and therefore an egg cannot attract different gender sperm, thru electrical charges.

If this was true, then people would never get both boys and girls when they go HT which they do all the time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, in case anyone is curious, I filled out her online questionnaire and received this response today:

"After gathering all your information and putting them into my method, I am sorry to tell you that you are not suitable for my method. As I mentioned in my web site not every woman is suitable for this method and if I see ahead of time that your success rate with my method are not as high, I choose to tell you this in advance. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact me by logging on to ... "

I'm not sure why I wasn't a good match? I have regular cycles, and all my past cycle info -- maybe it's my advanced maternal age? LOL. At least she doesn't give advice unless she feels confident that the method could really work for you.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is really interesting and I thank you much for sharing that info! On the one hand I do agree it's nice that she will turn people down if she doesn't think she can help them, but at the same time that makes me think she's cherry picking her data somehow.

My suspicion would be that she somehow takes age into account, and the fact that you've had two boys in your late 30's, may mean that the "bump" in girl conceptions may not be as effective for you as it is for another person...but no worries on that, we don't rely on that kind of thing around here!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm...it's practically the same as the Selnas Method, which is also based on a theory of diff x and y electrical charges. They also give you a calendar for your DG, price is around $400 from what I've found on line.

Here is one of the links for Selnas The Selnas Method
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for sharing that Zivic!

I do want everyone to know that the "research data" that claims to prove the "egg's polarity cycle" the Selnas page refers to was never published in any journal for independent review by other researchers and so is highly suspect...I'm not saying it isn't true, just that it's not been reviewed by independent researchers. Instead, the "researcher" took that info to open up these clinics overseas in some countries without a lot of oversight, and charge $$ for the process.

To the best of my knowledge and research, while the egg does have a temporary electrical charge, that's to keep out sperm once the egg has been fertilized and it only occurs in non-mammals...mammals have chemical means to keep out other sperm once the egg has been fertilized and you can read a brief description here. Polyspermy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. So I found about the Selnas(what I have asked you in other post Atomic).
    I have payed them 50$ for my calendar and I can show you mine if you wish + all the other advices. I've been talking with someone throw email after they sent it and that lady said she believes in diet + selans or just selnas.
    She does not believe in shettle.
    The thing is that they have a 98.7% rate of succes...I have searched for negative opinions but found 0 over all internet, so it's interesting.
    Also, asked 2 different doctors and they said they do not believe in swaying gender(shettle or other methods)but they know about polarity(which selans explains on it's web). The only thing is that, my doctors said, nobody can know which days a women has polarity for girls or boys...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. This polarity bullshit makes no actual sense, it's pseudoscience meant to lure the masses 2. Why would gender polarity alternate? There are no similar natural processes. It's just so arbitrary, and goes against the (well-supported) theory that animals need to be able to adjust the sex ratio to optimize survival of their genes. 3. I think, personally, that eggs are preset, to varying degrees based on the woman, to accept X or Y sperm via surface proteins. Surface proteins are how all cells communicate and allow for a great deal of both variation and specifity, which makes much more sense than simple polarity for sex selection.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know... polarity based on particular days? Would be interesting to see a past calendar and see if it lines up with people who already have kids. I think if this were true then we wouldn't see women having 5,6, and 7 boys (or girls).

What does make more sense is selection of gender based on maternal condition and survival of the species as a whole. When you read post after post on this board you see the boys Moms say how boy friendly their life and diets are and how the girl Moms say the same thing. I don't think it was any coincidence that I had two boys when I was super healthy, exercising, eating good quality food. I had two girls when my heath wasn't optimal and I wasn't eating quality food and I wasn't exercising.

That being said I think that anything that "claims" a 98.7% warrants a closer look. After all we really don't understand how the heck most of these things work.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast