Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At some point when people have been on diet a long time, it's a compromise to keep you going longer without getting depleted. It is of course, my preference for people to lose the tactics that don't work a little sooner and thus avoid the prenatal but I do eventually recommend them.

It's enough. I won't go into the history of iodine deficiency and public health, but it's enough. If you want to add in shellfish too - I am fine with all pink swayers having that one-two times per week.

I personally believe Vit. D is a big blue swayer, but the thing is, after this point you've been on diet soooo long you probably need it. 3 times a week is not daily.

Folate is better if you can get it. The reason I do not blanket prescribe it, is that a lot of people can't afford folate and thus will end up taking nothing. Since most people do great on folic acid, I think it's best to continue to recommend that for eveyrone except those with MTHFR. That doesn't mean folate is not better - it is (probably LOL)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by miniña View Post
    HI,

Im a bit confused by this diet. I thought that Bananas and Potatoes were a NO-NO when swaying pink, and I see them included here! Also since red meat is another NO-No I decided to change it for Fish, but I see very little fish is included in this diet
    Bananas and potatoes are only a "no-no" if you're following the French Gender Diet or IG Diet. I assure you I ate gobs of potatoes when I got my daughter (she is like 30% potato.)

I do not want ANYONE eating fish more than 2x a week when you are TTC (and even when you're in your childbearing years). There is some bad pollution that is in fish and eating it too often may accumulate in your body and affect you and your baby's health negatively.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't go off of and onto vitamins though. that kinda messes you up - first it makes your body tend to save more nutrients up anyway, and then going off nutrients cold turkey may make you not feel well and could potentially delay O. I want you either on them or off them, not on and off them.

5. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with getting iodine from plant sources is that it is about the amount present in the soil. So a depleted soil = not enough iodine. Some areas have much less iodine than they used to. I vastly prefer you guys to just eat shellfish once a week than rely on getting anything from vegetables.

Dried seaweed - fine on occasion a few times a month. No more than that (so like, you have sushi once a week - great). You can actually end up ODing on iodine if you eat too much of the stuff.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've recently read that potatoes are a great source of iodine. Apparently a single, medium-sized potato meets 40% of your iodine needs.

Some sites suggest that a quarter cup of cranberries will also provide a high amount.

I know you've recommend staying away from seaweed supplements for toxin reasons, but what about snacking on a little bit of dried seaweed? Apparently that's supposed to be a tremendous source of iodine.

Do any/all of these sound okay for pink sway iodine solutions?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The problem with getting iodine from plant sources is that it is about the amount present in the soil. So a depleted soil = not enough iodine. Some areas have much less iodine than they used to. I vastly prefer you guys to just eat shellfish once a week than rely on getting anything from vegetables.

Dried seaweed - fine on occasion a few times a month. No more than that (so like, you have sushi once a week - great). You can actually end up ODing on iodine if you eat too much of the stuff.
    I am not sure how this happened but my answer somehow ended up above your post???

Please just eat a little fish or shellfish once a week and it will be fine. Or use iodized salt.

Again, supposed naturlly occuring iodine in plant foods are entirely contingent on where the food was grown and whether or not the soil is rich in iodine or not. It's a crapshoot. Additionally, many sources of iodine (alleged) were because farmers used to use iodine washes as disinfectants, but these have been largely replaced by cheaper alternatives and thus they are no longer sources of iodine.

pLease just use the most reliable source and not try to patchwork together with things that may not even have any iodine in them.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So for the LE PCOS diet, as long as I stick to:
    60g protein
    60g fat
    1200 cals
    Mostly vegetarian with limited white meat and eggs, full fat dairy and no white flour/rice/sugar/etc, it's pretty good?

Anything specifically to avoid for pink sways?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are almost certainly going to need more calories than that. There is very little way to get that much food with so few calories. Only about 3% of all my swayers eat that few cals, most others are on 1500-1800 and some - maybe as many as 10%-20% depending on the month are as high as 1800-2000!

PLEASE start out eating MORE than you think you need. You can always reduce cal intake over time. But do NOT start off starving yourself only to have to add more food later on, that can be perceived as an improving condition which may undermine a pink sway.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So glad I re read this again!!!

NO LONGER RECOMMENDED L-Carnitine – Helps to get rid of glucose in the blood that your body isn’t metabolizing and also helps your body turn food into muscle,which will burn off more calories than body fat. (sways blue) LADIES - I no longer recommend this at all due to the fact that it raises T levels and may aggravate PCOS that way. If you have already bought some, you can give it to your husband if you're swaying blue.

I recently added L-Carnitine into the mix for my weight loss, so will be dropping that now. Also would you reccommend all these supps if you have an underactive thyroid?>

Pink swayers – I would feel good about taking vitex, SP, DIM, DCI, magnesium, fiber, and cinnamon. And don’t forget Vitamin X!!
    1 TTC 2017

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sorry about that, sometimes when I've read the same essay 900 times I miss things that I'd not have put in there had I written it a year or two later.

Please doublecheck everything with your doctor. I do not use vitex or SP for swaying any more for thyroid patients as they haven't worked anyway. DIM and DCI I have not really seen any results so I'd not use them given that we've seen such great results with diet alone (and also myo-inositol)

Magnesium is at your discretion, fiber I do tend to recommend but again please check with your doc first to make sure.

Cinnamon is not something I recommend as a blanket recommendation. It REALLY lowers blood sugar to such extent it can actually make people lightheaded and it takes only a pretty small dose (*just like 1/4 a teaspoon!!). It can also make weight fly off of people. So unless you have moderate to severe PCO and have more than 30 lbs to lose I"d skip the cinnamon. If you are in that group, go ahead but start off with only 1/4 teaspoon (if you tolerate it ok you can gradually build up to 1/2 teaspoon). When actively TTC reduce to 1/8 teaspoon during the luteal phase and at BFP wean back to dietary amounts only. Use Ceylon and not cassia cinnamon.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast