Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

Every Other Day Method (EOD) - While many of our blue sway hubbies have a lower sex drive, an important minority of couples with all girls are actually having daily intercourse. The hubby has a sky high sex drive and they generally have sex at least once a day if not more. This may lower sperm numbers and inadvertently sway pink despite having several attempts in the fertile window. Yet the husbands really, really REALLY do not want to have sex only every 2-4 days! And remember the cardinal rule of swaying - if Daddy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

So, for those couples I suggest having sex every other day during the times of the month you are not fertile and then still hitting it with the 3-5 attempts in the fertile window, especially the microwindow of O-2 thru O Day. It's not going to make quite as many sperm as releasing every 2-4 days will, but it will give him a day to recover in between batches and in a man with a high sex drive anyway, that is probably all these guys need!
    So, every3days is better than EOD, right? But is every 4 days even better than that? Or is it different for every man and can't be generalized (probably ). So what do you recommend if You could choose? DH is willing to wait 3 or even 4 days if it is better (with hope that swaying will be over soon lol)
    (thank you atomic!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know for sure and yes, it will be individualized for each man. MANY of the things that we ponder for blue sways, a significant % of our blue sway daddies can't stick to them and so above all else, please put what your husband can actually DO first and foremost. Don't set him up to fail by asking him to BD more than he's capable of.

We don't know if every 3 days is better than every 4. just don't have the data to say and probably varies by couple and over time anyway (just because something may work for a couple one month, may be totally different in a year or two or 5 between kids!)

All I want you guys to do is avoid many days of back to back release and many days (5 or more) without having hubby clean the pipes. Beyond that please put your needs and preferences first.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks aira22 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if i can get pg with one attempt at all...last month did three attempts in a row and nothing ��

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To jump in, my REs seemed certain the exact perfect amount of abstinence did vary between men. He advised more like 1-2 days for semen samples for IVF for example instead of the 3-4 that is typically considered ideal. And, we did a 3 day abstinence for his first semen anaysis and our first IVF cycle with both results being pretty rough. With our second IVF cycle, he only abstained the 2 days and also released twice in a row (I know, he's a monster lol). MUCH better results (still didn't do great, but his concentration had improved so much that the embryologist was ecstatic.

Knowing we were doing a Hail Mary with our natural attempt after we lost our FET, we did EOD with an occasional two day release and one of our attempts (literally morning of O) was two releases within an hour. Well after 7 natural losses, we're sitting pregnant at almost 13 weeks with a hopefully healthy baby. Can't speak to gender yet (though I REALLY hope and pray boy), but I feel pretty conclusively my DH does better with more frequent release (and I even wonder if that's why his whole life he's "needed" to release every day -- maybe his body was telling him something! And made me regret those times I'd keep him from doing anything for 4 days before O on previous attempts to keep in line with Shettles!)

6. Thanks aira22 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    I wonder if i can get pg with one attempt at all...last month did three attempts in a row and nothing ��
    Some months just aren't the month. It may be that something was wrong with the egg or the sperm that fertilized it or that something went wrong very early on. It may be that your attempts fell at the wrong time or your EWCM wasn't great that month or that it was, but DH just had a smaller than normal batch. There are literally a kajillion variables that come into play. But men make enough sperm in a single batch (even with subpar fertility) to impregnate every woman on this site LOL. I'm not saying that you should keep going with one attempt if you want to add them, but I would NOT have you do three, which has swayed strongly blue. And if you do want to do three (totally your call to make) then just go to SMEP, which at least really does boost odds of conception. All too often you guys will add attempts in ways that don't even boost chances of conceiving! And that to me makes no sense - to risk swaying blue without even improving the chances of conception.

If you're ready to pull out all stops, go to SMEP. If you're not ready, then do one attempt OR e4d OR e4d plus one. No other BD pattern because they either sway blue or cut odds of conception or BOTH!

8. Thanks onebigwish thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No I’m not ready to give up My sway yet at all. I’m just so impatient and the tww is so hard. This was the only cycle we did 3 attempts to look if it brings something. Today i spoke with my gyne and it’s most likely that my tubes are blocked.

Ps: dh isn’t a frequent bd er. Two times a week is maximum for him so I’ll think i stick with e4days plus one.
    Last edited by onebigwish; June 26th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really, what made them say that about your tubes?? Did u have a scan done?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh really, what made them say that about your tubes?? Did u have a scan done?
    She did an ultrasound on my tubes and she suspects that they’re blocked but the only way to find out is with an hsg. I didn’t had an HSG yet because my gyn changed her mind first she want to see the sperm test results from DH.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There will be time enough to worry when you actually know. Of all the people on here who have been told they probaby have blocked tubes (this is like 200 people whose docs have told them this!!) only one of them actually did. The rest of them had the HSG done and everything was fine. So please don't get upset over this yet because it may not even be true.

14. Likes onebigwish liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hii, could you please help with my timing. I'm using opk sticks but am not sure of my ovulation date. I believe I'm yet to ovulate this cycle, TTC a girl. I thought I had a positive or nearly positive on Sunday so DTD at 23:00. I then worried we wouldn't get a chance to DTD at O so DTD again on Wednesday around 23:00 again. I believe I should ovulate in the next few days. We definitely won't get a chance to DTD Saturday or Sunday. I'm worried about missing out on conceiving but I don't want to put in another attempt! Should we DTD at first positive opk or just leave it now? I hope this makes some sense.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast