Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PGD articles in news, reading the comments make me feel so awful

Just need to vent. I read a couple of great articles on Women going to America to do PGD and made the mistake of reading the comments afterwards. They made me feel awful about what I have decided to do and stirred some doubts. Some people make out that the people who do it are ungrateful monsters which I certainly am NOT! I would have agreed with some of the comments in the past but now that I have 3 boys and want a girl so bad I can understand that it is a truely amazing thing. I'm just a normal good person who wants to do a desperate thing to get her hearts desire. It wouldn't be hurting anyone else. I know I could defend myself in a comment but I couldn't take the critisism that may follow and would waste too much time over it. The people who would comment back have their minds made up and it would be to closed ears anyway so pointless. Grrrr.

Also I think more people need to understand that the healthy embryos of the opposite gender do NOT have to be disgaurded which seems to be the thing that people find the worst thing about PDG for gender selection.

I can't post links right now sorry, will find when I can.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you should feel bad. There will always be people out there like that sadly. People can judge when they don't feel the same but it doesn't mean they are right! I think I may have been more judgemental too had I had a boy and a girl. But I didn't so I get it!! It's your boy, your money and your family, no one can take that from you. I'm just learning that with having 4 and knowing people look at me a certain way but honestly it has made me grow as a person to not give 2 shits what others say!!!
    The only way I would have gone for a girl is the way you are and it was just too daunting and risky for me! I'm just one of those annoying people who got lucky! Lol! But because I know that, I understand how you have gotten here! Don't take it to heart! So many judgey jerks on the internet!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please try not to feel bad. There will always be people out there that will judge you for the decisions you make. It's none of their business, it's your life, about you and your family. People who get on their moral high horse have nothing better to do. I love the saying 'live and let live'. I have recently been through HT gender selection in the US. We told my family because I am really close to all of them and I knew how they would react. They were so supportive. It's a shame the same couldn't have been said for my DH family. His parents were good but we had to tell his older brother, (he lives in US & we weren't able to visit). He and his wife got on their moral high horse and let us know they thought we were doing the wrong thing. It was upsetting, (I was three days post transfer when they did this), but the decision we made was none of their business. They could never possibly understand, they kids of both sex. I wish you all the very best whatever you decide to do.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    don't read the comments! the people who comment on those articles are 75% trolls who are trying to cause trouble, 20% idiots and 5% well meaning people with their heads up their bums who don't know anything about what they're talking about.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't feel bad at all. In fact, I would feel happy that I was doing something right for ME. I bet the people writing those comments made choices in life you wouldn't agree with as well, but who cares? Everyone has the right to be happy in life. I would rather some go HT and cherish and love that baby than someone get pregnant the usual way and abandon their kids!