Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Broaching the subject...

Sort of an odd question… But for those of you considering or have done high-tech how do you discuss this with your husband? It seems to be sort of a sensitive subject because of the gender disappointment I had during my first pregnancy. As it turns out I absolutely love my little guy he is my whole heart. But I know that we can only have one more child… And while I have learned I will for sure love any baby of mine. I also know that there will always be something missing if I don't have my girl. I think my gender disappointment was really hard for my husband. So I am apprehensive to bring it up. When I was first pregnant after I discovered we were having a boy, i did all sorts of research about the next pregnancy… Makes me feel a bit ashamed especially knowing how much I love my little guy now. But it seems really sensitive touchy subject to want to go directly to high-tech… I am pushing 38 here pretty soon so we don't have the luxury of just expanding our family until we have that girl ;-) part of me is also interested in doing PGD because it could also help rule out abnormalities from having a baby at a later maternal age… Something else to consider. If anyone has any suggestions on how to broach this topic I would be appreciative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys like facts and black and white scenarios. If you come at it like a business transaction, take out emotion, they usually respond better.

"Here's the thing. We have a son and we only want one more child. There IS a way to guarantee the gender and it is through IVF. It's an extreme measure but lots of people use it and here is the information I have gathered about. (Give him options)

So, I would like to set up a consult with a doctors so we can learn more about this. We can simply have a phone conversation with a doctor and see if it's for us. "

How's that?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks EVERAFTER thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well put. Great suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk