Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3rd IVF - 8dp5dt BFN - Lost all hope, not sure where I go from here

So After all the drama at Clinic O and two failed FETs (first BFN second Chemical), we decided to cycle at Team Miracle in North Cyprus for a fresh cycle.

Our first cycle with TM was a disaster - they swapped me from Gonal F to Menopur 225IU and I didn't respond. 5 Follicles and only 1 egg, which didn't fertilise. Needless to say we cancelled the cycle and started stimming again straight away the following month. They put me back on Gonal F this time 300IU.

We had 14 follicles, got 11 eggs but only 5 of them were mature. Of those 5 only 3 fertilised and only 2 made it to day 3 for testing.

They both came back normal XX (one good quality one medium quality).

So we transferred both. The other difference with this cycle is they put me on a full immune protocol - so I have been on prednisolone since starting stims, then they gave me intralipids on day of transfer. I'm also taking Clexane daily to prevent clotting and a progesterone injection every 4 days to boost levels, as well as the usual 3x daily progesterone and estrogen.

My OTD isn't until this Saturday 10th September but I tested early and it's completely stark white. Not even a shadow.

I can't believe our 3rd cycle is going to be another fail.

We've spent all our savings now and borrowed quite a lot of money from family to pay for all these attempts and I don't know how we're going to be able to afford to do it again.

I don't know what to do with myself. How do you let go of this after investing and hoping so much?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm soo sorry you've been through all of this and it didn't work. Don't give up hope just yet though, as you still def stand a chance at the right clinic. Sadly, results in North Cyprus have been pretty shocking on here. Big hugs xx

3. Thanks Bella-Rose thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. Day 3 testing doesn't give you a ton of info about the embryos. A lot comes down to protocol, meds, lab. If you are at a stopping point, I totally understand.

So sorry that you tried so hard and it hasn't worked yet.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks Bella-Rose thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I got a bfp with smu - I couldn't believe it! I thought I was imagining it.

But the joy was short lived - next day bfn and then today bfn again.

It must have been another chemical.

I don't understand why this isn't working. We're so young and we have proven fertility. I know ohw are rare but three failed cycles?! And two of them chemicals despite immune treatment. I don't understand.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Without full testing, you don't know if it is the embryo. The embryos could be abnormal, thus causing the chemical. If the embryos are all abnormal, the protocol/meds is not right assuming your pretesting was good. You must have the right protocol and meds. There are so many moving parts to IVF and many adjustments that can be made.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Bella-Rose, how are you doing? Did you decide which path to follow?
    I just wanted to recommend you Genesis in south Cyprus. I am on my second cycle there. Though I wasn't successful yet I think it a a good option in Europe and you can read successful stories here in the forum. Good luck!
    My kids (2012) (2014) (2015) HT (2017) and HT (2019)

Cycle #1 Genesis Nov/Dec 2016: 5 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 tested, 1 abnormal XX, 1 normal XX HBAA transferred BN
    Cycle #2 Genesis Feb/Mar 2017: 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 tested, 2 normal XX.
    FET #1 8/April/2017: HT DD1 Born 25/Dec/17
    FET #2 15/Feb/2019: HT DD2 Born 25/Oct/19