Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Second failed attempt at IVF wit PGS REPOST

My question is is there anything at all we can do to influence the gender for IVF.

Some background. We’ve done 2 rounds of IVF now. The first one was in January. We got 3 PGS normal boy embryos. Out of 9 that fertilized, 5 made it to day 5/6 for testing. One girl (abnormal) and 4 boys (3 normal).

The second round was in March. We got 2 more PGS normal boy embryos. Out of 10 that fertilized, 6 made it to day 5/6. One girl (abnormal) and 5 boys (2 normal).

Why is it that out of 11 that made it, only 2 were girls and both abnormal? Is it really just pure luck? We did IVF with PICSI.

For the third round my doctor is going to change the protocol slightly in terms of the hormones I take for stimulation, hoping to maximize the number of mature eggs. Ever since we decided to do a third round I’m so stressed, because we did 2 rounds with identical results. None of this is covered by insurance.

I want a boy, but I also want a girl. My hope was for boy girl twins. If we don’t get a girl on this third round, I believe it means we will probably never conceive another girl. We have one boy, conceived easily at 31, and one girl who was conceived after 18 months of trying at 35. I’m 40 now and I want one more girl and one more boy.

I’m not sure if this is the best place to post my question. I paid for the membership, but I still don’t seem to have access to the member only high tech forums.
    Last edited by OliviaXYXX; April 16th, 2018 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Edited to add: I shouldn’t say “failed.” We want the boys, we just also want a girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry! That is so hard

Try contacting nuthinbutpink or atomic_sagebrush through PM if you're having trouble. There's been some glitches with the forums lately.

I DO think if you've gotten both a girl and a boy it's still possible. I always think it's possible for everyone.

I have some personal feelings on PICSI after we used it for a second cycle and still had tons of abnormals for my age. The embryologist at our clinic said they don't even recommend it anymore :/