Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Increasing female sperm

Hi
    Is there anything my husband can do to increase the ratio of x sperm. About 90 percent of my embryos were male last cycle. He released the day of my trigger. What If he abstained for a few days or took some supplements- are there any suppose that can help? Thanks!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not trying to hijack this but I do want to pop in and say there IS no way to increase the number of X sperm over Y sperm that your husband makes. Abstaining and some supplements DO seem to sway pink but that is ONLY in natural conceptions and the ratio of X to Y sperm never varies, it's 50-50, it's just that some factor(s) we do not even understand ends up causing more girls than boys to be conceived.

In IVF, the mechanisms that sway are totally avoided and not only that, abstinence and the supps we take for swaying pink are not super good for sperm anyway and you need your hubby's swimmers to be hale and hearty for successful IVF. Damaged sperm = poor quality IVF embryos and since there is no journey to help weed them out, you want your husband's sperm to be maximally healthy. Abstinence and pink swaying supps do not create maximally healthy sperm. So you would end up trading something that will actually HARM your chances of IVF for something that will not help you in any way.

The only option is Microsort. Good luck.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about iCsi do u think it will alter the ratio

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bows&ribbons View Post
    What about iCsi do u think it will alter the ratio
    ICSI will not affect the ratio. The technician has no way to "see" X sperm in order to select them. Our selection criteria is based on normal shape and some evidence of life- swimming or at least twitching.

I agree with Atomic Sagebrush's comment -Microsort is the only option to try to enrich a sample for X bearing sperm. Microsort is not without some risks to the sperm because DNA-attaching dyes and lasers are used. Best wishes. Carole

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post