Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck ladies, I hope you get your dreams :-) Genesis stats are 30% including a few no transfers.

HRC's stats quoted above at 83% are NOT including the no transfers, which I believe you still have to pay full price for (I may be wrong on that). All in all from those that have cycled the bfp's are probably more like 60%, but still the better option if you can stretch that far :-)

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chattymonkey View Post
    Hi Louby - I'm new to this and soo appreciative of all the advice and help. I'd settled on Genesis but have just 'begged' my DH to pay for us to go to Dr Potter as he has a better success rate..............having seen your post I'm now thinking stick with Genesis as as you say these things seem to be a total gamble! I wish I'd started this sooner as I'm 40 now so my odds aren't great . Hope you get the baby girl you dream of!!
    It is a gamble but there is a huge difference between clinics too. I tell everyone on here not to cycle with any clinic in the US(when choosing a US clinic) that has success rates below the National average according to SART.org. There is a reason clinics have good success rates and poor success rates. The lab, the protocol, the culture media used, the skill of the doctor at transfer- all of those things matter so please do not think you can compare clinics by just saying it's all random luck and it doesn't matter where you go. It does matter and our expectations should be set based upon what we choose.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a great post from Dr Carole Wegner, our resident Embryologist that has run labs for years and her advice on your choice of clinic-

Fertility Lab Insider - Lessons learned from over fifteen years of working inside fertility labs. » Blog Archive » Finding your “Best Fit” IVF Program
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chatty, if your dh agreed to hrc id go there, I don't regret my cycles at genesis but if I could afford the US that's where I would have gone, good luck :-)

Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Petal- why not consult with SIRM and HRC and get an idea of what kind of protocol they would put you on and tell Savvas to use it. Consults are free.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Petal - DH is coming round to HRC now.............I'm now panicking though as they don't appear to offer sperm sort so we could go all that way and not have any pink eggs. God, this certainly is gonna be the decision of my life!!
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

5yrs 2yrs (HRC 2014 HT Princess)

Cycle #1 HRC Oct 2013 - 21 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fertilised, 10 to Day 5 aCGH (5 boys, 5 girls) = NT, only 1 normal XY

Cycle #2 HRC Jan 2014 - 32 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and fertilised, 19 to Day 5 aCGH (14 girls, 5 boys) = 4 normals (2 XX & 2XY) - transferred x1 HB - BFP (6dp 6dt) - Betas 280, 2160, 20736. 1 HB (128bpm) seen at 7 weeks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NBP, would they do that? if I had a skype consult with hrc would they tell me what meds they'd put me on? id feel bad though then going somewhere else lol. Plus, I hate to have to ask Savvas to use another doctors protocol, I bet he would say no :-/

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chatty, yeah id worry about that too but even if you only get one desired gender they will be more likely to implant than say 3 from genesis as I well know lol x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123