Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ivf/pgd in Aus

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by idreamofpinknz View Post
    Thanks I'll look at becoming a dream member so I can access the other threads!
    I can't seem to see how I can start a new thread (i really am a total forum rookie)
    glad to know I'm not the only person down under dreaming of this procedure, the people I've spoken to and posts I've started in NZ mums and baby groups on facebook have gone down like lead balloons and I'm apparently "selfish, upsetting the whole IVF community and a monster for not being happy with my soon to be brood of three boys"
    Look forward to talking to likeminded couples on here!!
    Sorry to hear about the backlash. I have had that in Treasures forum once where a lady started a post about what people thought about Good Morning Australia where one lady did IVF with PGD to get a girl after 7 boys. I started my reply with good on her and can't remember what else I wrote but in all the angry ladies only two others were on the pro side.

There was alot of jargon about it clogging up the IVF system and it should be saved for people who deserve it. Even stuff about no one wants to use other peoples left over embryos that they donate. I'd love to hear what NBP and others have to say about that. I don't think anyone in NZ really knows much about it at all. I have a FB group who I am really close with and I want to talk about it in there but have not felt comfortable yet.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1+2+3boys View Post
    Sorry to hear about the backlash. I have had that in Treasures forum once where a lady started a post about what people thought about Good Morning Australia where one lady did IVF with PGD to get a girl after 7 boys. I started my reply with good on her and can't remember what else I wrote but in all the angry ladies only two others were on the pro side.

There was alot of jargon about it clogging up the IVF system and it should be saved for people who deserve it. Even stuff about no one wants to use other peoples left over embryos that they donate. I'd love to hear what NBP and others have to say about that. I don't think anyone in NZ really knows much about it at all. I have a FB group who I am really close with and I want to talk about it in there but have not felt comfortable yet.
    Hi all

I've been to HRC from Aust. It cost me about $35000 all up. I have 3 sons already. It's a pretty full on thing to do. I even had to go on a low carb diet for about 5 months, was torture! We got our BFP though so it was all worth it! I'm 18.5 weeks pregnant now and looking forward to my girl being confirmed next week! Good luck on your journeys!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pinkinperth

How was the HRC experience?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tasha - so did u confirm its a Girl?