Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTC a Boy!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey. Welcome. I'm new here too and ttc boy. Hope you get your dream baby boy.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to thank everyone for their replies. The ones who are swaying for a boy, what methods are you considering? Home or HT? I'm actually in the process of looking for a clinic. The only thing that intimidates me is the price! Ugh...it so much money!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am doing home sway.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, home swaying for me too.
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! It is ridiculously expensive, that is for sure. There are good clinics in NY- I would recommend hopping on both the TTC Boy April thread (well, the May one is coming tomorrow, so maybe wait for that one), and also onto the HT forums, because there are a lot of moms who are doing HT across the states. I'm on the swaying forum even though not swaying myself anymore, I'm one of the only infertility people on this site, although I love everyone here dearly. We can give you lots of suggestions for natural swaying if you want to try that, but I am of the philosophy that if you hands down want your boy for #3 and have the means to pay for it, go for it. Some ladies have issues with the leftover embryos, so that is one thing to consider. But in my opinion, it is a price to pay for your desired gender.

Just some stuff to think about! But congrats on your DD2 and feel free to post questions galore around here!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Hi and welcome! It is ridiculously expensive, that is for sure. There are good clinics in NY- I would recommend hopping on both the TTC Boy April thread (well, the May one is coming tomorrow, so maybe wait for that one), and also onto the HT forums, because there are a lot of moms who are doing HT across the states. I'm on the swaying forum even though not swaying myself anymore, I'm one of the only infertility people on this site, although I love everyone here dearly. We can give you lots of suggestions for natural swaying if you want to try that, but I am of the philosophy that if you hands down want your boy for #3 and have the means to pay for it, go for it. Some ladies have issues with the leftover embryos, so that is one thing to consider. But in my opinion, it is a price to pay for your desired gender.

Just some stuff to think about! But congrats on your DD2 and feel free to post questions galore around here!
    Welcome! ITA with Lola ... if the only reason you're having a 3rd is for a shot at a son, go HT Congrats on DD2, hope you have a happy, healthy rest of the pregnancy!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post

I am actually on the HT forums and they have been very helpful. There are a few clinics that are very reputable in NYC. We really don't have that type of money but since I won't be doing HT anytime soon, I have time to save up some money. As for the leftover embryos, I wonder if the patient has an option to donate to other couples? I am totally for helping couples with infertility issues. I would have to ask about that during my consultation.
    I'll also check out the TTC Boy May thread. Thanks!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bluedreams embryo donation is something to think about with left overs. I think the only thing about that to remember though is you *could* have one of your genetic children, and your children's sibling, be born and you'd not ever know them.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by begonia View Post
    Bluedreams embryo donation is something to think about with left overs. I think the only thing about that to remember though is you *could* have one of your genetic children, and your children's sibling, be born and you'd not ever know them.
    I was thinking about that. That is something my hubby and I would have to discuss.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to
    (My boys sways worked twice!!) Thank you God

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12