Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmommy View Post
    Bumping for Atomic and also adding a question as I keep reading more on this site.

I was wondering, for a girl sway, do I want to make my body think things are changing diet and testosterone-wise close to when we TTC? What I mean is, could I keep eating my nutrient dense food (that is very boy sway friendly) right now and then a couple months before we might TTC, switch to the LE diet so my body registers it as a losing weight have less abundance and suddenly sways girl? And then also keep up with my usual state of being right now, being a little OCD and what not, and then a couple of months before TTC suddenly focus on super relaxing and letting things go.
    If you have sway q's it's easiest for me if you start separate threads in swayign forum and ask there. I can't keep up on introduction threads because most of them are just people saying hi!

We played around with doing it both ways, but it quickly became clear that slow and steady got MUCH better results and I no longer recommend hitting it hard just before TTC. Start making small changes and continue over time. This is esp. true if you are a little OCD - it seems to be best to "trick" yourself into getting bored with the whole thing, so it becomes second nature and old hat before you actually TTC, instead of launching into "Swaymageddon 2014"!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok first thing, if you are 41 it has to happen ASAP. Time is not our friend here. So if you can convince DH even to simply try not trying, not preventing, then that is what I would do. I really really beg you to look into the absolute earlies you can TTC safely because every month that passes, your odds drop and drop. It's scary how quick it goes away.

So what I would do (and this is actually what I DID because I got pg with a recalcitrant hubby at 41 and had my baby girl at 42) is try to get him to agree wiht NTNP and do diet. You can do an LE-type diet and the "atomic fertility diet" in this thread is best for older moms (although I did the regular old LE Diet and was still able to conceive, I was incredibly lucky!) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Then I would simply BD unprotected every 4 days and let the chips fall where they may. This ends up being about one attempt in the fertile window. IF you want to up odds of conception a bit more, then add in one additional attempt at pos OPK to that.

Be sure you're taking more like 2000 mcg folic acid. This has been shown in studies to possibly lower risks of Downs.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic for the great info! I will start working on my "Martha-ness" pronto.

I also really appreciate the suggestion to start ASAP. I have to admit, though, that we will still probably wait. Unfortunately, one thing that also weighs into our decision is the fact that babies born closer together to families that already have a child with ASD greatly increase the risks for the new baby. It's best for us to wait at least 2 years after the birth of a baby before conceiving again. I absolutely recognize that it could make it much more difficult for us to get pregnant but I do feel strongly that we need to give another baby a lower chance of ASD.

Hmmmm, as I am typing this I am thinking I need to post a separate thread about this in the swaying forum!
    Adoring our gorgeous (2007) and (2013)

Missing (2006) and (2012)

*Might* be TTC a 3rd baby in mid-2015. If so, planning to sway but would welcome another sweet

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12