Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! Nice to meet all of you

I am a working Mom of 2 little boys dreaming of a little girl to add to our family. I am not quite sure I want to go through with another pregnancy and I would love any advice! I suppose I feel guilty for wanting a little girl when I have 2 beautiful, healthy boys. I have many friends who would love to just have 2 healthy children. I am extremely grateful for what I have, but can' t help feeling my life isn't 100% complete. Also, while my husband and I have much love and more than enough financial reserves for another child, I worry about our age and energy level. I am turning 39 and my husband is turning 50. I fear the sleep deprivation newborn stage, and also the challenge of juggling 3 children. My family and friends, when I express my little girl dreaming and thoughts of going for child #3, simply tell me that I'm crazy. My brain keeps telling me to accept the beautiful family I have and move on, but I grew up among large families and my heart longs for a little girl. We used "natural methods" to try for a little girl for #2 but we were blessed with a little boy instead. I'd rather not rely on natural methods in the future since it's not that effective. Also, getting pregnant is a difficult process for me as I suffer from endometriosis pain when I am off birth control. I actually feel like a million bucks when I am pregnant compared to when I am trying to get pregnant!

So hear I am, off birth control since April 2014, with endometriosis symptoms having recently returned and beating me down, contemplating IVF/ PGD. Baby#3 would definitely be our last IF we move forward with this crazy dream of mine. I worry that the IVF process will be very painful/ uncomfortable combined with endometriosis, and also the IVF success rates do not seem that high for a 39 year old! Does anyone have any advice? Thank you and best wishes to you all.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! I'm with you here (although I'll be swaying) - DH really wants a sibling for our 4 month old, but I just can't get my head round it. The sleep deprivation is awful. I know it's supposed to get better but I suffer from fatigue also. I'm not sure right now I can do it, but I'm constantly reminded that is early days since I had Jamie and could change my mind. I don't have too much time to play with either (am 37 next week) and don't want to be doing this into my 40s! Will have to see how it all pans out...

All the best with your attempt x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I had my DD at 42 and my husband was 43.

My advice would be that if you wish to proceed with IVF, look VERY seriously at donor eggs or embryos.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ