Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!! HELP!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those Answer OPKs give false positives (for days and days on end) to most women and are very unreliable. Get some CB digital OPKs or First Response OPKs are okay too. If you don't conceive this cycle, I highly recommend Wondfo OPKs from amazon.com

As for BDing, as long as you aren't BDing unprotected without 4 days in between each time, there is no way you can BD too early. Timing doesn't sway so it doesn't matter when you BD; what matters is how often/much you BD in your fertile period (3 days before O + O day, so 4 days total). Thus why when OPKs don't work reliably and/or your having a wonky cycle, as those after a miscarriage often are, BD every 4 days is the best way to sway pink and get pregnant. Apps that tell you when to BD based on just your cycle length are not accurate for many women, even those with very regular cycles. My cycles are usually 28 days but I O anywhere from CD16 to CD20, and it's not at all predictable.

There is no way to predict when you will O, and as I've said, very often for at least a few months after a miscarriage your cycles will be strange - shorter, longer, Oing much earlier or later than usual, anything is possible. Thus why BDing every 4 days is best in your situation - bc no matter when you actually O, you will have just one attempt in your fertile period, which is the strongest pink BD tactic.

Since you BDed on CD8, wait until CD12 to BD again, then again on CDs 16, 20, and 24. I strongly recommend you BD on all those days exactly, regardless of what OPKs or your other fertile signs (CM, cervix) indicate, as those signs which aren't very reliable in terms of determining O under notmal circumstances anyway, are also likely to be atypical & misleading after a miscarriage. CD8 is a great day to start BDing on when using the every 4 days method, in fact it's what I'd recommend to most women, regardless of when they think they will O.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I see I am late to answer this. I am personally not a fan of the Clearblues, I find them very difficult to use and cause nothing but trouble for people.

Anything is possible esp. the first few cycles after a loss. I would go ahead and attempt, then wait 4 full days before DTD again.

Maiden has already said everything else I would say! (thank you!)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 29th, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my first cycle after my loss as well and I've had 2 surges which I've NEVER had. My first batch of +opks were at my normal time on CD13 and 14. Then they went negative, but I had no temp rise. Several days later I started getting +opks again on CD19-22. My temp finally rose and I think I O'd 2 days ago on CD21. I agree with Atomic that anything can happen after a loss. Just keep dtd every 4 days. Are you taking your temp in addition to opks? Seeing a temp rise is the only way to confirm O.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies very much!

@Atomic we can DTD every four days but doesn't that violate the 1 attempt rule to sway girl? Especially if we did it today and continue doing every four days even during the fertility phase. So you all suggests we do the 29th (which we did this morning), Nov. 2, Nov. 6, Nov. 10th or should we just DTD on Nov. 2, four days from now and let that be it which leaves one day in the fertile window? I guess I'm not understanding why we would do it again on the 6th or 10th when the 2nd would be in the fertile window before ovulation. Doing it on the 6th would leave me in the fertile window (which is the date that really violates the one attempt) and doing it on the 10th is after the fertile window so why would we DTD those two days? Wouldn't 4 days from the first time be enough (Nov 2)? Also, should I continue O testing? Or stick to the every 4 days no matter what the tests say? (FYI I did test this evening when I first got home and got another clear negative)
    Last edited by MamaLuv; October 30th, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys
    Lost my dear unborn baby August 2014, gender unconfirmed.

STILL for my

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fertile window is less than 4 days so DTD every 4 days means it will only happen once in fertile window.
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MamaLuv, please read my post above! It explains why BD every 4 days, throughout your cycle, is best for you.

One attempt at positive OPK only works if you have normal cycles, and post mc cycles are often very weird.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuv View Post
    Thank you ladies very much!

@Atomic we can DTD every four days but doesn't that violate the 1 attempt rule to sway girl? Especially if we did it today and continue doing every four days even during the fertility phase. So you all suggests we do the 29th (which we did this morning), Nov. 2, Nov. 6, Nov. 10th or should we just DTD on Nov. 2, four days from now and let that be it which leaves one day in the fertile window? I guess I'm not understanding why we would do it again on the 6th or 10th when the 2nd would be in the fertile window before ovulation. Doing it on the 6th would leave me in the fertile window (which is the date that really violates the one attempt) and doing it on the 10th is after the fertile window so why would we DTD those two days? Wouldn't 4 days from the first time be enough (Nov 2)? Also, should I continue O testing? Or stick to the every 4 days no matter what the tests say? (FYI I did test this evening when I first got home and got another clear negative)
    It does a teeny bit but for most people, by DTD every 4 days, you really DO only have one viable attempt in the fertile window. The fertile window is really a lot smaller than you think. Practically speaking, it doesn't last much more than 3 days and most of the time those every 4 days attempts end up being something like 6 DBO and then 2 DBO - 6 DBO all the sperm will have died off leaving you with one real attempt 2 DBO

I am not here to try and argue or convince you into doing it a certain way. All I can say is that if OPK aren't working, then the every 4 day method is next best thing.

The reason why you'd continue to have attempts after you think you ovulated is because IF you did ovulate, your egg will be dead or fertilized by then anyway and all the attempts in the world make no difference, and IF you didn't, then you're still covered.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It does a teeny bit but for most people, by DTD every 4 days, you really DO only have one viable attempt in the fertile window. The fertile window is really a lot smaller than you think. Practically speaking, it doesn't last much more than 3 days and most of the time those every 4 days attempts end up being something like 6 DBO and then 2 DBO - 6 DBO all the sperm will have died off leaving you with one real attempt 2 DBO

I am not here to try and argue or convince you into doing it a certain way. All I can say is that if OPK aren't working, then the every 4 day method is next best thing.

The reason why you'd continue to have attempts after you think you ovulated is because IF you did ovulate, your egg will be dead or fertilized by then anyway and all the attempts in the world make no difference, and IF you didn't, then you're still covered.
    Okay. I think I follow you all now. So do I keep up the every four days until I get my period? For me that would mean November 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, 18th, and my period is due on the 19th. Looking back on your comment Maiden, you mentioned up until CD24. So I can stop then? (That's Nov 14th). Thank you both. I appreciate your help.
    Happily Married
    Mommy of 3 ACTIVE boys
    Lost my dear unborn baby August 2014, gender unconfirmed.

STILL for my

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you can stop on CD24. It can't hurt to BD right up until AF, but I doubt it's necessary. Keep track of your CM and I personally recommend OPKing once daily throughout your cycle at 3pm, just bc of how weird post-mc cycles can be. I'd also recommend temping, if you can do it in a relaxed manner. If your fertile signs and OPKs suggest you are no longer fertile after the the 10th, or earlier, I think last BD on CD24 will cover your bases plenty.

I think it's important to catch the first egg post mc if you can, so I am very glad you are on board with every 4 days, which will give the best chances of conception while still strongly swaying pink.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used ClearBlue for the last 8 months. In parallel with it, I went to Ultrasound every month. They have always matched for me. I have them from USA.
    When I got the happy face, the folicle was already around 2 or 2,...
    We all know that a folicle USUALLY brakes at 2-2.5 so normally when is at this size or close it will brake in 24/36 hours.
    But that's my case.
    My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast