Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC GIRL next year... Advice?

Hello! I've been reading this forum for a while, actually started taking notes, haha. I have two precious boys and would love to try swaying for a girl next year. We had wanted to start trying next September, but here is my dilemma. My DH and I are going on a cruise next June, and I have no intention of sticking to the LE diet then for obvious reasons But that will only give me about 9 weeks on the diet. To be honest, I'm a bit concerned about the diet because I'm 115 and 5'4...dont want to lose too much weight. If I start the diet before June, take a week off, then go back to swaying, does that completely screw up the sway? I've read a lot, but couldn't find how much cheating is "allowed." or should I just wait until October? Thanks in advance!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What I would personally do in your situation is to sway for a full month before your cruise, being strict on the diet and if at all possible doing daily cardio. Then take your cruise and don't diet, but don't go crazy either and maybe try to not snack, just eat 3 meals, and keep portions smaller. After a month on the diet you will have a good understanding of it and I bet you'll be able to enjoy yourself in as pink a friendly manner as possible. Oh and drink lots of pale wine/beer and clear liquor, that we think sways pink. Continue the cardio daily if at all possible during your cruise. Then after, sway hardcore for the remaining 9w before you start TTC. I think that will be a very solid sway.

As for not having much to lose, I'm a few inches taller and 5lbs lighter but on the diet I only lose 5-10lbs in the first month then plateau (and I've been swaying for most of the past year) Just up your calories whenever you are in danger of losing too much or too fast. I find adding empty carbs like full sugar soda works wonders for preventing weight loss, just make sure to include them with meals, not in between or its snacking.

Welcome & good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, maidentomother! I am curious - I do about 25 mins on the elliptical 5-6 days a week - should I just up that to 60 mins? Also, should I sway for longer than that? I notice you've been doing it for a while! thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be best to do around 60 minutes a day on exercise but maybe do it 5-6 times a week. As far as the diet, the recommended minimum is 6 weeks. Good luck on your sway and enjoy your cruise! x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    9 weeks is plenty esp. at your size!! Remember, most people don't even get pg that first month with swaying so you will prob. end up with plenty of time on diet anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by munky219 View Post
    Thank you, maidentomother! I am curious - I do about 25 mins on the elliptical 5-6 days a week - should I just up that to 60 mins? Also, should I sway for longer than that? I notice you've been doing it for a while! thanks!
    Yes, but wait till closer to your sway because I don't want you to lose too much weight
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by munky219 View Post
    That's an excellent plan - the elliptical is great for pink plus it has a low risk of injury. I would try to do a full 6 days a week, not less, and if you ever feel up to it, you can go beyond 60 minutes, up to 90 minutes. Just make sure you always do at least the full 60 min. If you start losing too much weight up calories, and I would start at 1800 cals anyway. Up to 2000 as necessary.

I don't recommend swaying any longer in advance than the 4w before your cruise & 9w after. I don't think there is necessarily much benefit to swaying for much longer. The only reason I've been swaying so long is bc I have yet to conceive, I want a Fall baby so only TTC from Dec-Mar, and I also took a 3 month break from my sway completely over the summer. I started to sway full on again in September, almost exactly 12w before I expected to O the first month I started TTC again, this month.

I think you should start doing the 60min/6 days on the elliptical along with diet 4 months before the cruise and definitely no sooner. Swaying can be tough, especially over time, AND you're already thin. Some pink swayers who sway hardcore for a long time (6-months to 2 years) without ever taking breaks eventually get to a point where they're so fed up and tired and frustrated that they start loosening their sways, most often by going lax on the diet and/or adding BD attempts. Some go so far as to give up swaying entirely. Then a month or two later they get pregnant - with boys! So better to do a strong sway in a focused manner for just as long as necessary to avoid potential burnout.
    Last edited by maidentomother; December 20th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period