Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hope I'm not too late...

Hello! I am trying for my last baby and hoping for a girl. I stopped BC pills (low dose) in July, started trying some of the ideas from In-Gender but I haven't ovulated since stopping. I have always had irregular cycles but never to the extent I was after stopping. Last two cycles were 66 days and 53. I received Provera and clomid this month and am now on cd3. I took my first clomid last night (cd2) per obgyn request. I did take supps last night but read on here that I shouldn't be taking or eating anything extra or out of ordinary with clomid. So should I just go back to eating as normal? Is it too late to get a sway plan? Should I be taking my clomid at a certain time everyday?

A quick bit of info/history - I'm 31 had DD(11) after cryo and depo lupron therapy (was told after treatment that I would never conceive), DS (8) was a clomid baby, DS(4) was an oops and DS(2) was also an oops while bf'ing and taking minipill. have been taking calcium, magnesium, prenatal, cranberry, folic acid supps off and on.
    Last edited by vmichelle; January 26th, 2015 at 03:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you can take most other supps with Clomid - with the exception of Vitex and Soy ISOs. They don't mix. And Clomid will also dry up your CM, so you might want to stay away from the Robitussin.

I would take the Clomid before bed, the side effects can be bothersome and better to sleep them off.

Clomid is great for a girl sway. You can't be on it a long time, so you absolutely MUST attempt this month. Not enough time for a plan, but something to think about if this cycle fails. GL!!!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I definitely plan on attempting as soon as possible. So I should dtd every other day up to O and everyday during peak?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do things differently here - I would recommend you only take folic acid, no other supps as they may even sway blue. Since you have 3 sons I would personally want more time on the diet (and exercise) as well as time OFF the vitamins, before TTC. You've already started the Clomid so try this cycle with just ONE attempt as soon as you get a positive OPK. You don't want to BD multiple times, that sways blue! Just sex ONCE, 1-2 days before O to maximize odds of conception.

I would stop the vitamins/supps other than FA and start doing the LE diet and if possible, exercising every day (cardio, like walking or biking) for at least 60 min. If you don't conceive this cycle, I'd do a full 3 months on diet (+exercise) before TTC again.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 31st, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Likes vmichelle liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi and welcome!!

you can do le diet and some supps with clomid!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks vmichelle thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    I think you can take most other supps with Clomid - with the exception of Vitex and Soy ISOs. They don't mix. And Clomid will also dry up your CM, so you might want to stay away from the Robitussin.

I would take the Clomid before bed, the side effects can be bothersome and better to sleep them off.

Clomid is great for a girl sway. You can't be on it a long time, so you absolutely MUST attempt this month. Not enough time for a plan, but something to think about if this cycle fails. GL!!!
    this is absolutely correct agree 110%

10. Thanks vmichelle thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vmichelle View Post
    Thank you! I definitely plan on attempting as soon as possible. So I should dtd every other day up to O and everyday during peak?
    the first couple months i would try to stick with one attempt at positive opk. the pattern you are suggesting will sway blue. we are getinng 75% success with Clomid and 70% with pne attempt so both together is a very solid sway.

12. Thanks vmichelle thanked for this post