Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi All

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WHat day are you on now?? We have had much better results with CD 3-7, starting CD 5 has not been as successful for achieiving pregnancy for us.

You may cut down your odds of pink success if you aren't on diet for at least 6 weeks before TTC. And the alternate PCOS diet will probably help improve your chances of conception as well. It seemed like you were going to do diet and Clomid starting at the same time (which if you have already taken the Clomid this month, you HAVE to TTC this month no matter what!) and I just thought it might help your odds both of pink and of conception to start the diet sooner. Although my gut instinct is that it was probably the ibuprofen!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dear lord no! I think we got our wires crossed! Lol. I won't be making my first attempt for 6 months, maybe less depending on how the diet goes.

I'd like to give up smoking, get healthy etc first. I don't want to be dieting AND give up smoking at the same time. I'd go mad lol.

Plus Im starting a new job soon so I kinda made a choice to put ttc on hold and do everything I need to improve my fertility. Get DH checked out and so forth.

But check for the cycle day 3-7 . I will log that in with my plan. I'm just gathering information at the mo and trying to form a time frame in my head :-)
    (16) (12) (9)

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK gotcha, sorry I read tons of posts in a day and sometimes the details start to blend together.

getting DH checked, 9 times out of 10 when there has been unexplained infertility (after a woman had had children, that is) we have found it was coming from the male side of the equation so good to rule out!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your outlined long term plan looks pretty darn good!

I definitely think you should do the PCOS LE for at least 12w before TTC. The clomid is great, but I strongly suggest taking it CD3-7, 1×50mg each day, at night. I'm a pharmacist btw. I think going on BC for a few months is a good idea, and catching the first egg right after coming off BC seems to sway pink so that's another bonus.

The first month TTC have one attempt at positive OPK; DH should release on his own at least every 4 days, more as he likes, from AF until your attempt, in order to maintain good sperm quality. Make sure OPKs work for you by testing with them in prior cycles. I highly recommend Wondfo brand from amazon.

The second month TTC I think you should do BD every 4 days, or MAYBE every 3 days. I personally think every 4 days + an extra attempt at positive OPK is much too likely to sway blue bc you are likely to end up with 2 attempts in your fertile period. Regardless start BDing every 3/4 days from AF on for sperm quality and continue until well after you think you've Oed to fully cover your bases.

Third month TTC I'd switch to every 3 days.
    Last edited by maidentomother; July 3rd, 2015 at 08:16 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies, thanks for your input!

I'm just bumping this up because we have decided to move our sway up forward. Due to a couple of things coming up next year with DH job and having to decline a job offer because of my DH's EX kicking their 10 year old daughter out of her home - apparently due to bad behaviour at home she's removed her from school and now I'm taking care of her and home schooling her. Just to add we've not experienced any 'bad behaviour' just what I would call normal child stuff. At some point, she will be returning to her mother, though we are loathe to do this, we have no choice.

Anyway due to all the circumstances that are coming up and happening, it will be better for us to start earlier rather than later as we just don't know how long it's going to take.

This is how things stand at the moment:

So I've been following the PCOS diet for around 4 weeks now my AF has lengthened from 4 to 5days.

I've not lost weight or gained it. I've not been taking any supps yet.

I've got my clomid - 30 50mg tabs.

My ovulation seems to have started coming later. I'm ovulating on or around CD 18 which is unusual as my cycle the last 2 months has been 26 days. I'm hoping that the clomid sorts this out.

Both DH and I have cut right back on the smoking and have nearly given up completely.

Dh has stopped drinking energy drinks and eating the same diet as me. He's just lately started drinking water also.

I haven't started exercising yet.

So seems to be going ok. We was considering ttc this month but not sure? What are you're thoughts on this?

Thanks ladies
    (16) (12) (9)

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd try to stick it out till 8 weeks on diet if possible.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

fallen off the band wagon a bit over the weekend! Between trying to sort SD and her mother and studying, I feel like I've just crashed and burned. Stressed! Lol

Thanks x
    (16) (12) (9)

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All you can do is just let it go and regroup. It's fine to cheat a little here or there. You just can't beat yourself up over it.

Hey, can you do me a favor and start a new thread in TTC a girl forum?? I usually don't read posts in introductions after the first one where I say "hello" and I sometimes forget if someone has a question thread going in this forum. Just don't want to miss anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12