Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opk help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk help!

Hi I've been a member since March flittering between Ht & swaying and after much consideration with our financial &a school situation with our boys we have decided to sway for a girl after having two boys(4&1)

I have never used An opk and never tracked ovulation really so I just wanted some help how to know when to dtd ?
    I have bought clear blue digital sticks (10 pack-expensive !!)
    So I can track for the rest of this year my ovulation to help my sway early 2016..
    Can anyone tell me how & when to use them and then if it says ovulating now is that the day to BD??
    Sorry this is so dumb but I'm just starting out - I've read 100's of successful sways on here and I wanna be one of them !
    Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Funkypokey thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. Not sure how much help I can be but I would not start using your opks until you actively start ttc, especially as you are using the expensive clear blue ones. When swaying my cycles started to change, they got shorter and shorter every month and I've seen this happen many times so one month you may get a positive opk on cd14 and the next may be cd8! So I wouldn't recommend them for tracking your cycles prior to ttc based on that. As for when to dtd you would bd once when you get your first solid smiley ☺ I always used the wondfo type opks, they were much cheaper and worked well for me, got pregnant 2nd cycle using them �� good luck. Xxx
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank u mandyp85 I have bought some cheap ones off amazon - I'm due af next week so once that's gone I'll start using them and hope I get used to it all and can sort of predict when il be fertile I'm also using the fertility app so I will start using them during that 5 day fertile window and hopefully It'll show up when u actually ovulate which will help my sway xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fine to practice with the OPK so you know what you're doing but don't rely on your cycle as it is now to tell you when to DTD in the future.

Just have your one attempt on the day of positive OPK. That is NOT O day, it's the day of your surge. This is a good day to BD with one attempt because odds of conception are high. (that day in and of itself doesn't sway. one attempt DOES sway, that day is a convenient day to BD with one attempt)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflies buttercups View Post
    Thank u mandyp85 I have bought some cheap ones off amazon - I'm due af next week so once that's gone I'll start using them and hope I get used to it all and can sort of predict when il be fertile I'm also using the fertility app so I will start using them during that 5 day fertile window and hopefully It'll show up when u actually ovulate which will help my sway xx

Fertility apps are not reliable, I wouldn't put much stock into what they say

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank u for clearing that up that's what I didn't understand .. If it shows a positive line to say ovulating - that doesn't mean I'm ovulating that day it means I will ovulate in a couple of days time?
    Is that right?!
    Sorry for seeming so dumb I've just read so many sways and people say 'we dtd 4 days before O'
    So just wanted to get my head round knowing when I do actually ovulate so I know when to do it?
    One thing I don't want to do is miss O or do it more than once - maybe I'll literally BD 2 weeks after AF and that should be good enough?
    Do u not really believe in abstaining anymore either? Thanks for your help xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THe line happens when you are having a surge of hormone. This surge TRIGGERS ovulation. IT's not ovulation itself. Ovulation will usually happen

Many of the people who say "I DTD 4 days before O" do not know what they are talking about. Unless you have an ultrasound you don't know what day you Oed on and many people who think they DTD with one of those really long cutoffs just ovulated early that month. It's possible to get pg 4 days before ovualtion but not very likely. ANd it's impossible to know 4 days before you EXPECT to O if you will actually O on a certain day. The cycle can change from month to month and swaying diet and supps make that happen very frequently.

All the above is the reason why we just DTD at pos OPK - it is just a handy way of being sure we have our one attempt, which sways strongly pink, at a point in time that is a good chance of conception. Not too far before O, but not after it, either. BD 2 weeks after AF arrives may work if you have a really super normal regular cycle that doesn't change with swaying, but the OPK method, while not perfect, will work a lot better. What if you O on CD 18? Or 20? You'd have no chance of conception!

Re abstaining - the results are pretty clear that the abstain isn't bringing much if anything. A lot of these things, if you did a study where peopel JUST did that particualr tecnique, might sway (and I do think abstain probably sways a bit) but in an overall sway, it just doesn't ADD anything. If there is a theoretical upper limit of 75-80% (which data indicates may be the case) and we already get all we can get by doing the most effective tactics (diet longer than 12 weeks, exercise, and one attempt) then adding more things to that will only lower odds of conception for no benefit.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank u so much atomic for this ! It's a question I've wanted to ask for ages before I order my sway plan next month

It has certainly helped me with what to and what not to do and just simplifying things too .
    The one shot at +opk makes so much sense..
    Thanks again xxx

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've bought a sway plan and packs of opk's now so excited to start it all! Xxx

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hood luck hun. Atomic is awesome. I was thinking to buy a plan too but was in a hurry. But i m thinking of donating some money to the site for its support n help. I want them to continue workng like they r doing right now.

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflies buttercups liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast