Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hoping for pink with PCOS and secondary infertility after miscarriage

Hi I am 34 and will be 35 in December. Mom to one 5 year old son. Have gone through over 4 years of secondary infertility. Finally responded to letrozole and got pregnant July 2015 and miscarried at 9 + 5 with a blighted ovum in August. My doctor gave me the ok to try again as soon as I got a period. It took 47 days post miscarriage but I am finally on CD 4. I just started letrozole yesterday. My doctor doesn't think I am likely to have a blighted ovum again and says he I probably have another 4-5 years before egg quality becomes an issue due to age but I am terrified of it happening again. My doctor told me to keep taking prenatals and Metformin. I am also taking Pregnitude + CoQ10. My main issue is PCOS and irregular annovulatory cycles. I had low progesterone with the miscarried pregnancy and was on oral progesterone. Other bloodwork comes back normal. Ultrasounds come back normal. No issues for my husband. He just turned 34 in August.

Until I looked into I didn't realize that PCOS meant a higher change of a boy. Most of the PCOS women I know have mixed gender families or more girls then boys but that's only a small number of PCOS women. I always thought it was luck of the draw just like anyone else.

I keep reading about vitex and clomid being better for girls but neither one worked for me. Only letrozole was successful.

I would be happy with another healthy boy after all my fertility struggles and the recent loss but it would be nice to have a girl especially since I think we'll be done after two children and I always wanted one of each.

I've tried reading on what do to do but get very confused on everything because it seems like the rules for normal women don't apply to PCOS.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. We have helped many women with PCOS though our Personalized Plan service. We can develop a swaying plan that deals specifically with all your issues including PCOS.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Letrozole was recently shown to actually sway pinker than Clomid so no worries there. Do not use vitex.

Metformin should also sway pink. Pregnitude and Coq10 may help too.

I agree with your doc that blighted ovum is just one of those poopy things that happen and is not likely to happen again.

Keep doing what you are doing and you're on target for a good pink sway. Our PCOS thread is here and it has some suggested diets for you in it that will work better than standard LE. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have gotten very good results with our PCOS swayers - this can still happen for you! Given your history my recommendation in the above thread (the PCOS one) would be atomic fertility diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ